The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Player Of The Year Awards

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Player Of The Year Awards Empty Player Of The Year Awards

Post by Liviforever Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:32 pm

Craig Halkett would be my choice for PoTY, but stumped for the YPoTY nomination, Jack Hamilton is the only one I can think of under 23 who has played in the first team this season, and he got put out on loan. Unless is goes to the reserves but I haven't watched more than a handful of their games, young Henderson looks to have made the most improvement from what I've heard though.
    orco
    orco

Player Of The Year Awards Empty Re: Player Of The Year Awards

Post by orco Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:52 pm

I've gone for Halkett and Hamilton.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:22 pm

I’m not sure of the players ages... but in a ypoty it’s usually anyone who was 23 or under when the season started- eg Raheem Sterling is eligible for both awards down south although he is 24.

I think I’d have to agree with Halkett with honourable mentions to Gallagher & Pittman.

As for ypoty.... I think Lawson qualifies as per the above & as he has had the longest run of any of the younger players & played well since becoming a regular starter, it would probably have to be him.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:03 pm

Ended up voting for Kelly as YPoTY, he's 23 and still qualifies, I think.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:20 am

In that case, yes Kelly would have to be ypoty- played every league game & kept a good number of clean sheets.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun May 19, 2019 10:18 pm

Congratulations to the 3 award winners last night.

Management & Board PotY - Scott Pittman - amazing how he simply steps up to perform at the level required & even more amazing that the bigger clubs missed & continue to miss out on him. Tremendous player that has to be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Livilions SC & Players’ yPotY - Liam Kelly - well done on a double - we wondered who would come in when Neil Alexander left; we needn’t have worried.

Who won the treble? Man City you say? True but so did Captain Fantastic Craig Halkett - Fans Vote, Livilions SC & Players’ PotY - I said to anyone who would listen when Craig arrived that he was a future captain of the club & has the ability to Captain his country. Well, he has lived up to half of that already & if the next manager of Scotland has any sense he’ll live up to the second half of that soon enough. Thank you Craig for some great memories over the last few seasons, good luck in your future career away from the Vale but I hope we take 12 points off your new mob next season!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:05 am