The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Auld Nick
Liviforever
Afro
7 posters

Livi vs Albion Rovers

Afro
    Afro

Livi vs Albion Rovers Empty Livi vs Albion Rovers

Post by Afro Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:42 pm

With shite weather forecast between now and Saturday, I'll be pretty surprised if this one makes it. If it does, I fancy us to build on last weekend and get a win against an awkward Albion Rovers team. They were good value for their victory here earlier in the season, but by all accounts they weren't up to much going forward in the away fixture recently. Any win will do me, all the more convincing though, the better.

2-0 Livi, FG 23 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi vs Albion Rovers Empty Re: Livi vs Albion Rovers

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:01 pm

Think I read their on loan striker wet back to Accies, and that we had been after him too, but the can't play for 3 clubs rule in a season knackered us.

Anyway, it will still a tough game, will come down to us being clinical with our chances, if we are and get the first goal I think we will win by a few, but previous games against them suggest it will be a close game and there will only be one goal separating us by the final whistle.

I'll go with my head and say 2-1 Livi, fg 42 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:56 pm

Can't play for three teams? What if a player kicked off the season at team A & was sold before the window closed to Team B, then in the January window gets moved on to team C?

If it's a rule, it's a stupid rule & should be binned. I'm sure a player in such a position would have a case against the governing body for preventing him from earning a living.

Time for us to finally achieve that elusive draw that we almost managed on Saturday, gutted to see the keeper diving to avoid Byrne's sledgehammer back heel in case it hurt lol!

Liv 1 AR 1

FG 53 mins
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:54 pm

I read about Steven Boyd on Callum Carson's twitter, the football reporter for the Courier and Daily Record. However I just checked the rule and it is a FIFA rule stating a player can only play for 2 teams in the one season, and Boyd has played for 2, Accies and on loan to Rovers.

This rule dictates that a player can be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season but can only play for two of them — with the sole exception of a move between clubs with overlapping seasons.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1248600/Fulhams-Nicky-Shorey-FIFA-probe-playing-club-season.html#ixzz4VOnV2r5r
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Not that I think we need him now anyway, with Mullen back fit we've 3 good strikers all scoring goals, having a 4th isn't a necessity.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:57 pm

That's ludicrous. Typically idiotic rules when there is so much more that could be addressed...
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:22 pm

Wonder if Hopkin will stick with the 4 CB's in defence and the 3 attacking midfielders too.
    I'd like to see him go;

Kelly

Crighton                Halkett              Gallagher                Longridge

Byrne                      Millar              Pittman                  Cadden

Buchanan             Mullen

2nd half subs: Mullin, De Vita, Carrick.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:50 pm

Liviforever wrote:Wonder if Hopkin will stick with the 4 CB's in defence and the 3 attacking midfielders too.
    I'd like to see him go;

Kelly

Crighton                Halkett              Gallagher                Longridge

Byrne                      Millar              Pittman                  Cadden

Buchanan             Mullen

2nd half subs: Mullin, De Vita, Carrick.

Byrne wide right? I know Crighton can get forward and put a great ball in, but the pair of them are hardly the most mobile. It's a difficult one for Hopkin, he's sort of cornered himself into this situation now whereby there is realistically only four slots in midfield, and he's got 5 (6 including De Vita) great options for it. I just hope we never see 4-3-3 with three strikers again after the horror show in Methil.

Looking at the temperatures, it's barely to get above 0ºC tomorrow, so unless the covers have been down for a few days now, we're scunnered.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:14 pm

It's a 4-4-2, Byrne wouldn't be a winger, he normally sits right of centre in midfield though. We rarely start with 2 wingers and we'll most likely start with none, Hopkin will prob play De Vita instead of Cadden and bring Mullin and Cadden on later.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:50 pm

2-0 Livi, FG 25 mins
    sunderland

Post by sunderland Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:48 pm

Im hoping to see the team line up like this... De Vita dropping back to be more of an attacking midfielder, but I have no ideal how to format it.

Kelly

Crighton                        Gallagher                Halkett

Mullin                      Millar              Pittman                  Cadden

Buchanan     De Vita     Mullen

Looking forward to this, fingers crossed on the park, Callum Carson said that the club said it will definitely be on.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:05 pm

In the unlikely event that this game gets the go ahead i predict a mild dose of hypothermia followed by the oblicatary runny nose and of course that irritating cough.But seriously hopefully the guys will have learned from the last time we played them at the Vale when their manager got his tactics spot on and ran out deserved winners imo.With the strength we have at our disposal and at home we must surely be looking to take all three points here albeit wont be easy as these teams tend to raise their game against us.Hopefully the club will let us know as early as possible if there is any issues that might affect the game being on or not.Do it Livi!!!
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:26 am

So much for Calum Carsons prediction.Wouldnt have taken an Einstien to forsee that this game would be called off.Midweek game beckons.Ach well Asda it is then.Bugger!!!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:30 am

Both Airdrie and Alloa have home games so they should be fine with their plastic pitches. Hopefully both of them will lose and we'll have a game in hand to push 12 points clear.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:02 pm

With Albion Rovers just along the road you'd think he'd have waited till 12.00. The temperature is rising and the sun is shining. Health and safety rools though mores the pity. Sad
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:46 pm

Looking good with the results going our way again.

East Fife coming back from being a goal down again to go 2-1 up against Airdrie, and Peterheid are winning 1-0 against Alloa. Stays like that and we've a game in hand to extend our lead to 12 points, or we'll be no worse off if Rovers beat us.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:57 pm

Alloa 0-1 Peterheid FT.

Airdrie 2-2 East Fife FT.

Airdrie equalize in 89 mins, we're still 9 points clear though, with a game in hand.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:09 pm

Yeah, that was a decent day for us. Be good to capitalise by winning the game whenever it gets played but even if we don't win we'll be no worse off and one game closer to the end of the season, so technically better off.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:13 pm

Don't forget Brechin are lurking there too. If they win their postponed game from today and we lose ours then the difference in points would be 8. Cannae be getting carried away. Wink
    The good thing though is that the teams below us will also continue to take points from each other.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:46 pm

Good results for us today. We're a point further away from Alloa/Airdrie than they are from 8th placed Peterhead.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:44 pm

orco wrote:Don't forget Brechin are lurking there too. If they win their postponed game from today and we lose ours then the difference in points would be 8. Cannae be getting carried away.  Wink
    The good thing though is that the teams below us will also continue to take points from each other.

Doubt they'll beat QP. It is really tight down below us, QP, East Fife and Albion Rovers could be knocking some of the top 4 teams out of the play off spots. Great for us. Just need to keep winning 2 or 3 games in a row like we've been doing and nobody is going to get near us.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:47 am

I see that we offered AR to play this game last night, but they refused and took part in a bounce game ahead of their match against Celtic.

I think I would've preferred to have gotten this one out of the road but I can understand AR's hesitance.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:43 pm

Playing Rovers on Tues the 21st Feb at 7.45pm, after the Airdrie game. Beat Airdrie and win this could see us out of sight.
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:52 pm

Really looking forward to an uncomfortable Tuesday night freezing my knackers off.Poorest crowd of the season beckons im afraid reckon around 450-500 if we are lucky.Still who wants summer football anyway?.Bring it on!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:33 pm