The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
forzalfc
Afro
Auld Nick
Troy
Liviforever
9 posters

Livi v East Fife

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v East Fife Empty Livi v East Fife

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:11 pm

Scottish cup weekend so chance for the players to get away from the pressure of the league and have fun pumping East Fife out the cup. They have the better of us away from home but we beat them in our home game.
    We're pretty comfortable at the top of the league so i'd love us to have a wee cup run his season and make a few quid getting to the Quarter's.

4-2 Livi fg 16 mins.

Troy

Livi v East Fife Empty Re: Livi v East Fife

Post by Troy Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:48 pm

Their certainly not gonna make a few quid from this game L/F.Charging £15 to get in,for gods sake Livi when are you going to learn.Will be interesting to see what the attendance is on Sat.Ipredict around 750 if we are lucky.Another opportunity to get bums on seats lost im afraid.Thoughts on the game later in the week.Frustrated and dissapointed but of course i will be there cant say the same for everyone else.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:32 pm

Crowd : 550

Score : Liv 2 EF 2

FG : 23 mins

Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:52 am

In fairness to LFC here, both sides have to agree the pricing, so EF must have been more than happy to go along with this. Bear in mind, that if neither side can agree pricing, the prices revert to normal league prices at the home team's ground, which may ironically enough have enticed a few more along. It is what it is though, Livi could have made it £10/£5 but there's no financial incentive there given the lack of marketing the club perform.

As for the game itself, there is a lot of pressure on us here. Both times away against EF we've been stinking, and although we put them to the sword at home in the league, their own indiscipline ultimately lended itself to our win. I just really hope we make it through to give us a crack at a Premiership or Championship team, and something to look forward to. I appreciate we're leading the league and scoring goals, but I'm growing apathetic towards the club at the moment. If Saturday's game was on, I don't even think I'd have went tbh.

Anyway, I'll head down to this one, feeling slightly more confident given we're at home so another 3-1 Livi victory please, FG 32 mins.
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:35 pm

Mark Millar cup tied for this one, otherwise think we've a pretty full squad - tight one but think we'll get a 2-1 win.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:48 pm

forzalfc wrote:Mark Millar cup tied for this one, otherwise think we've a pretty full squad - tight one but think we'll get a 2-1 win.

Hopefully we wont play him then, and get chucked out the cup. Hey it's Livi, it could happen!! affraid

Not been to a game in ages with playing away from home and then getting our home game postponed, looking forward to this one.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:56 pm

Hard one to call this as i reckon Barry Smith will have them up for this but there again so should we be.Feel home advantage could be a big factor here although ive heard that Matt Northcroft is the referee for tomorow so prepare yourselves.Hopefully we wont have to worry about any dubious officiating and send this lot back over the Forth with their tails between their legs.Oh and welcome home the prodical son,Do it K J !!!
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:13 am

2-1 Livi, FG 19 mins.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:59 am

Havent heard anything from the club as yet as to wether this game could be in doubt considering the overnight freeze.Cmon Livi,let us know!
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:02 am

Went to the shops this morning - it was absolutely baltic

Ground is rock hard
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:07 am

Agree Durnford.Idid the same.Hope they wont leave it till the last minuite.Still nothing about a pitch inspection.Typical Livi!
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:32 am

Spoke to the club a couple of miniuts ago and they told me there are no issues with the pitch and that the game is definatly on.THANK GOD wrap up well.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:01 am

Excellent

Read somewhere that Miller was cup-tied so suggest a starting lineup of:

........................Kelly

Crighton..Halkett..Gallagher..Lithgow

..........Byrne...........Jacobs

........Pittman........Josh Mullin

.......Buchannan..... De Vita

Strategy being when EF bring Insall on for the last 20 minutes we can react by bringing on Longridge

Also their front line is pretty tall so suggest bringing on Danny Mullen in the second half when they're tiring. I don't see starting off with three at the front being particularly effective as being too crowded will mean EF will be able to stifle movement.

With a slippery surface its difficult to believe we wont end up conceding but their defence will be the same

I'll go for a Lions 3 - 1 win with the first goal on the 40th minute.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:23 pm

We haven't reached Round 5 in nearly 10 years... I'd take any win today.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:41 pm

Looks like you're getting an EF win but I don't think you meant it that way.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:19 am

I take it from the lack of posts from those who parted with their hard earned £15 yesterday is an indication that no one is too bothered at being knocked out of the cup?

I didn't go cause I didn't have the spare hard earned £15 required but have to confess I was totally unexcited about the prospect of attending anyway & wasn't bothered about the result.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:44 am

I haven't posted because I was totally scunnered at the performance and result. East Fife seemed to want it more than us and too many of our players had a poor game. Their goal was worthy of the win. We had several near misses in the final ten minutes when we eventually started to play as we should have all afternoon but it was too little too late.

I would have enjoyed watching the draw this afternoon seeing who would we get etc which, at our level, is what the cup is about but it is East Fife who will deservedly get that pleasure.

Disappointed!
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:50 am

Sorry about the late post Bertie but here goes anyway.An extremely uncomfortable afternoon compounded by the baltic conditions i felt.You could say it was the preverbial game of two halfs with East Fife dominating us in the first half and deservedtheir lead at half time albeit through an absolute piledriver which Kelly had no chance with.Second half much improved but playing against a resolute Fife defence we were chasing the game for most part.Was on the edge of my seat for the last ten minutes as thought we just might do it but all credit to E/F for holding on.At least now we can concentrate on the league without any distractions. Orco sums it up for me as well,i to am bitterly dissapointed!!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:36 pm

Thought it was a pretty even game, and up until they scored we were shading it. Ball came out our box and their player hit it sweetly right into the bottom  corner. Wasn't really much goal mouth action till the last 10 mins, EF had a break in the 2nd half where they could've made it 2-0 but Kelly got out to a 1 on 1 and blocked with his legs. Then it was all Livi after we brought on Mullin and Carrick. Hit the post and bar and had one headed off the line, just wouldn't go in for us.

Thought we deserved a draw but EF played well and didn't lack for energy with them closing us down all game. They looked a bit livelier than us in midfield and pressed us all over the pitch. Really could've done with Keaghan's energy and aggression in midfield, thought Pittman was well off his game and made quite a few mistakes. Cadden too looked rusty with wild deliveries over players heads in the box, although he hit a sweet free kick that was going in the top corner but for their keeper making a great finger tipped save.
    Our set piece deliveries from corners weren't great either looked like EF won every header from their corners and ours, with us having 4 CB's playing i'd have thought we'd have been favourite to win headers, so can only put it down to their deliveries being good and ours being awful.

Prob just as well we didn't score in the final minutes with our record at Methill this season, was wanting a wee cup run but it wasn't to be.  Nothing to distract us from our goal of winning the league though.
    sunderland

Post by sunderland Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:30 pm

Watching the highlights last night on Sportscene last night and I have to say that performance aside the one main thing I have to comment on was the state of the pitch. What has they been doing on it?! Hopefully it doesn't look as bad in person, or indeed, play as badly as it looks.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:38 pm

sunderland wrote:Watching the highlights last night on Sportscene last night and I have to say that performance aside the one main thing I have to comment on was the state of the pitch. What has they been doing on it?! Hopefully it doesn't look as bad in person, or indeed, play as badly as it looks.  

The pitch is knackered, we don't have a FT groundman though and last I read we had advertised for a retired one interested in PT work. Don't think we expected the pitch to go 2 seasons after it was dug up and reseeded, was meant to be a 4G pitch this season but it didn't happen. Doesn't look like the grass is rooted very deep and it just cuts up with big divots lying all over the place.

Shouldn't be an excuse though, we're the home team and if our pitch is shite we should have worked out how best to play on it. Partick Th did when they played on a mud field and Falkirk did too when theirs looked like a tattie field.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:51 pm

One more thing about the game. Do we need to get cuter when big defenders lean all over our smaller players? East Fife got away with it all game yet when our guys did similar they gave away fouls.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:10 pm

Disappointing result. Four games now against East Fife and we haven't sussed out how to play them at all. We could've came away with a draw but there's no point only showing the level of desire we did in the last 10 minutes for exactly that. EF looked up for it from the get go, and we played right into their hands again. Tactically I thought we were set up wrong and if Lithgow in particular starts at LB again next week, then we have a problem. The same goes for RDV, unfortunately; at this level, it's really not rocket science to see we perform best when we've got two proper wingers on the park.

Now that East Fife have just been drawn at home to St Mirren, that makes it a bit more disappointing; granted, the Maureens beat Dundee but they've been total horse this season. Would've been a great opportunity to have a good go at them and make the 6th round.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:15 pm

We'd have got a money-spinning away tie against Celtic had we got through, assuming our result didn't have some drastic butterfly effect on the draw.

Makes it a bit more disappointing.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:20 pm

Are you basing that on the assigned numbers in the draw? I assume they ran alphabetically with Aberdeen as number 1 etc?

Thanks everyone for your comments, the OCS match report gives the impression that it was end to end throughout which I suspect might be an exaggeration of our performance. I also saw mainly moans over in the Den from the usual greeting faces over there & figured they were also an exaggeration of how bad we were. Always good to get a bit of balance.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 pm