The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
orco
Liviforever
6 posters

Scottish Cup Draw

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Scottish Cup Draw Empty Scottish Cup Draw

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:23 pm

So big question is, would we rather get an easy draw giving us the best chance of getting to the next round or a hard draw to a big team for the big payday?

As a fan I want to see us progress as far as we can, and the further we go the higher the prize money and chance of a really big payday (incl TV money), but we could also get someone like St Mirren in the next again round and get knocked out so Celtic away and getting knocked out in the next round would still be better financially.

My fan side wins, for me, I want to avoid Celtic or any other SPFL Premiership team and i'd take HL and lower SPFL teams in as many rounds possible to get to the QF before meeting a bigger side.
    orco
    orco

Scottish Cup Draw Empty Re: Scottish Cup Draw

Post by orco Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:32 pm

This is the sort of draw where we usually get St Johnstone away. Rolling Eyes
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:36 pm

orco wrote:This is the sort of draw where we usually get St Johnstone away. Rolling Eyes

Not had Berwick in a while...

We dodged a bullet with the re-draw in the last round, think they'll make up for it and we'll get St Mirren.

Would like one of the HL teams away, if Montrose get past QoS I wouldn't mind them either so I can tick it off. If we're getting anyone above League 1 level I'd prefer Rangers, think we could beat them on our day and get a good pay day at the same time.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:39 pm

Might be the season we actually beat them Orco, we're a big physical team at the back and can grind out wins against bigger teams, almost got a result against Hibs but for dodgy refereeing decisions.

Yeah LL I wouldn't mind Sevco if we were getting one of the arse cheeks they'd be the best one for a chance to get past them, and reckon we'd beat St Mirren away, don't want a home draw against them though, can't seem to beat them at home.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:43 pm

I think we'd have more chance beating Hearts this season. I think they are so inconsistent we'd at the very least run them close.

A wee day out at the revamped Tynecastle would also be good.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:54 pm

My desired outcome is to draw Celtic away and become the first domestic team to end their unbeaten run since God knows when. Well one can but dream so might as well go for the ultimate. Laughing
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:04 pm

Or get them in the semi final at Hampden, i'd take that. They're the only SPFL team we've never beaten, Gretna is gone so can't count them anymore as we hadn't beaten them either and I don't count Celtic colts either, I'd love for us to beat Celtic but it would be the biggest shock result in our history.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:07 pm

Yeah, that would be spectacular but if we are going to do it has to in the final surely?
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:15 pm

The exact same scenario as Hibs-Rangers where they 2-1 down and won it right the end would be fantastic.

Dreaming of beating Celtic in the final; watch us get beat by Cove in the next round Laughing
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:14 pm

Scottish Cup Draw DPEUU-OX4AAI5R-

Is Hearts still playing at Murrayfield, hope we get them and play there. Nice wee tram ride to the stadium from the park and ride station next to the airport.

Failing that then Formartine or Brora. So 7, 16 or 20 v 24.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:56 pm

Livi v Falkirk then.

Falkirk are absolutely shite so we should get past them, not sure how many fans they'll bring through though, their morale is pretty low.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:57 pm

Home to Falkirk. Pish draw but good chance of getting through.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:04 pm

Not only a case of we SHOULD get thru but annoying we COULD get knocked out; despite them being a poor side so far this season we haven't exactly walked all over them & they will go in with no pressure of expectation. Terrible draw. You either want a big pay day or a side we don't normally play & we have got neither

Hearts resumed playing at Tynecastle yesterday LF
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:56 pm

Yeh would agree with you Bertie on this one.My gaffer was at their game yesterday and left with half an hour to go saying they were absolutly shocking and hes a Falkirk diehard.Personally i fully expect wee Hartley to get this mob up and running sooner or later and wont be sucked in by their lowely league positition at the moment.The game against them in a couple of weeks time should give us an indication of what to expect from them although will try not to read too much into it as league ngames are a different kettle of fish than cup ties.In summary its a double header i eagerly await but at the same time with a wee bit of caution.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:34 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Not only a case of we SHOULD get thru but annoying we COULD get knocked out; despite them being a poor side so far this season we haven't exactly walked all over them & they will go in with no pressure of expectation. Terrible draw. You either want a big pay day or a side we don't normally play & we have got neither

Hearts resumed playing at Tynecastle yesterday LF

Went to both away wins this season, was pretty comfortable 2nd game and even in the cup game we were by far the better team in ET, Falkirk were done by then. As the season has gone on they are getting worse too, would be shocked if we lose to them. Soon see how bad they are in a fortnight when we play them at home, my prediction for that game is going to be good. Laughing

Shame about Hearts being back at Tynnie, but I do like going to their ground too, my favourite away ground in fact. Love going to Murrayfield too though and would've been handy for the tram taking you right to the stadium. Can't see Hearts getting past Hibs so doubt they'll be in the pot next round.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:27 pm

Bearing in mind this tie is towards the end of January, I'm sure they'll have done a St Mirren style get a new team and hit good form.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:34 pm

LiviLion wrote:Bearing in mind this tie is towards the end of January, I'm sure they'll have done a St Mirren style get a new team and hit good form.

⬆️This
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:47 pm

Or they'll throw some money at punting players and bringing new ones in, still be shite and go into administration.

More going on at Falkirk than just changing a few players to sort it.

Either way i'm confident in our players and management team to win this tie, we've an excellent team for doing well in cup comps, we're difficult to beat and can grind out wins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:38 am

Liviforever wrote:Or they'll throw some money at punting players and bringing new ones in, still be shite and go into administration.

More going on at Falkirk than just changing a few players to sort it.

Either way i'm confident in our players and management team to win this tie, we've an excellent team for doing well in cup comps, we're difficult to beat and can grind out wins.

Don't keep us in the dark, what's the story?

Funnily enough I share your optimism in terms of our ability to beat them but I fully expect them to turn the corner & hit some good form before too long. It's enjoyable seeing them struggle for now though.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:23 pm

Just reading their fans comments on P&B, it looks like their are problems going on inside the club.

Hilarious too that the Falkirk fans think Hippo is one of the players that will get them out of their predicament, he's really not a player you want when you're struggling, if Hartley has a go at him to try and fire him up he'll go in a huff. Laughing

Going to need a clear out at Falkirk in January, and new players to gel, that will cost them paying off contracts and no guarantee the players they bring in will get them out of the bottom 2.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:59 pm

Have a really funny feeling Falkirk will pull a St Mirren in January and turn it around, hopefully they'll still be in transition for this tie and we can get through. A great opportunity to make the 5th Round, and the potential money-spinning ties which await.

Getting through this then getting the Highland League team which is guaranteed to go through would be a fantastic proposition, though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:51 am