The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

What A Season!

orco
    orco

What A Season! Empty What A Season!

Post by orco Mon May 14, 2018 5:37 am

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/16223234.Lions__39__tale_is_the_story_of_the_season/

A decent article praising the manager and players. No matter what happens in these final two games, this has been a truly remarkable season.

As someone who has been through the mill with Livi over recent years, following them home and away, I so appreciate the year we've just had all the more. Pity it has to end. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

What A Season! Empty Re: What A Season!

Post by Auld Nick Mon May 14, 2018 7:57 am

Yeah, not bad. Disagree that we are only a long ball team though, we can get it down & play it on the deck too. The 3 goals at Tannadice came from high pressing, forcing the turnover and a good pass or in Pitman’s case good reading of the game, all 3 goals from open play.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon May 14, 2018 10:59 am

Mostly our long balls get received by the opposition defence but because we challenge them for it we win a lot of 2nd balls up in their half and then pass it around and get in on goal. These pundits don't seem to understand that and just label us long ball merchants. The key to it all is challenging the defenders so they can't get time on the ball to make a pass, and having our midfielders pressing high up the pitch to get the ball when it is kicked/headed clear. Work rate, fitness, and organisation with everyone knowing exactly what their roles are, without that it just wouldn't work.

Other teams get sucked into playing like that but fail because they haven't the understanding or ability to do what needs to be done to play like that. And opposition managers are too thick to learn from it and keep repeating their mistakes when playing against us, just lazily/ignorantly labeling us long ball players who aren't as good as them, but somehow keep beating them. confused Laughing
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon May 14, 2018 11:19 am

Listened to an interview with Hoppy last week and after he had gone the presenter and a pundit chatting about Livi, and still getting things wrong. The guy said Livi don't score many goals but are solid defensively so can win games 1-0, really? He needs to go on our website and look at our results, pretty sure we've won a few games by scoring 2 and 3 goals, the 4-1 against St Mirren kinda shows he's talking bollocks.

The amount of times I've seen Lithgow, Gallagher and Halkett turn a striker the wrong way before bringing the ball out of defence, or picking out a pass this season too, it isn't all punt and rush either. I've counted us making 27 passes leading up to scoring a goal, playing from centre midfield to the right wing, back to midfield and then back again, before finally getting down the wing to put a ball across the 6 yard box and into the net.

It actually never ceases to amaze me how ignorant footballing pundits, reporters, presenters, are about players and teams in the lower leagues. I had to shake my head in disbelief at their ignorance when I heard them saying Griffiths had improved so much his aerial ability to head goals since joining Celtic. FFS away and don't talk shite, he was superb at scoring with his head at Livi, it's just that they never bothered watching him when he played with us, or actually checked their facts before making Donald Trump esque blunders in how little they know.

Lets be honest here, in a cup tie you can get better teams being beaten by teams with less ability, playing a certain way that lacks quality but has more desire to win and catches the other team off guard, but come on, over a whole season and to finish 2nd in the league then get to the play off finals, that isn't just a one off cup tie, you can't do that over a season without being good and having quality players with decent ability too. Desire and effort can only get you so far, and we've got it in spades, but you also need a bit of quality and skill. So no matter how many plaudits we are finally getting, they still aren't giving our players the recognition they deserve for being good footballers with a decent amount of skill.

Actually that isn't completely true, one journalist has given us recognition for being a good footballing team, Callum Carson who has been reporting on our games the last 3 seasons., Someone who has taken the time to watch us play and isn't just glossing over some stats to speed read up on 'facts' before giving us his expert opinion on how we play.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon May 14, 2018 1:10 pm

Shhhh Liviforever. There could be spies on here. Leave them to their ignorance. Twisted Evil
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon May 14, 2018 1:35 pm

"What a Season" - sounds like it should be a new single by the Gibson Brothers
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon May 14, 2018 3:04 pm

Eleven Livi Lions playing for the shirt, Shaba Laszlo is all hurt................................
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon May 14, 2018 6:45 pm

What about Man City’s winner at Southampton? De Bruyne played a long ball over the top to DeJesus who controlled it and lobbed the keeper. It was described as a wonderful long pass....

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue May 15, 2018 1:44 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:What about Man City’s winner at Southampton? De Bruyne played a long ball over the top to DeJesus who controlled it and lobbed the keeper. It was described as a wonderful long pass....

Yeah nothing that Lithgow hasn't done for us this season, think it was Robinson that played a ball like that up to Hardie for a goal too.

Livi 2-0 Dundee Utd. That ball from Lithgow taking a quick free kick up to Mullen and his goal from a really tight angle would've had BBC pundits drooling at the mouth with them giving superlatives describing how world class it was had it been  some Premiership players. And then in the same game we cut out a pass on the halfway line then pass the ball around making 10 passes before getting down the wing and putting a ball across the box for a tap in, just to show the contrasting style in our play for scoring goals.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 16, 2018 10:58 am

www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/16228537.Livingston_no_long-ball_bruisers__insists_former_Celtic_striker_John_Hartson/

Livingston no long-ball bruisers, insists former Celtic striker John Hartson

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/celtic-hero-john-hartson-details-12541846

Having helped Celtic reach a UEFA Cup Final by employing a similar approach under Martin O’Neill, Hartson is not the slightest bit embarrassed by it.

“We can play. I work with good players during the week. Livingston have very good footballers.
    “They have three centre-backs who are strong, big and effective. I played under a man at Celtic for five years who always had three strong centre-backs in Bobo Balde, Joos Valgaeren and Johan Mjallby and no-one ever criticised the physicality then. It’s effective. You play with what you have.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:13 pm

Cracking video by Livi Culture of ur promotion winning season, great work mate. cheers

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:29 pm

Excellent - well done that man
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:47 pm

Good article on Rafa: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/tears-cheers-raffaele-de-vita-12645126

He said: “It took me a few days to really get my head around the injury because it’s quite a bad one. To be there on Sunday and hear the crowd chanting my name was amazing, it was very special.
    “It gave me a big lift and helped me get through a few tough days. There’s a long road ahead but I’m excited about the prospect of being able to represent Livingston in the Premiership.”

Bless him, was near welling up reading some of that. Crying or Very sad Laughing
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:41 pm

Shaun Byrne with a good piece today: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/shaun-byrne-believes-promotion-premiership-12650286

“There were plenty of guys in that team who can play football and we scored some great goals and played terrific football at times during the season but for some reason that never really got noticed and we weren’t given the credit I felt we deserved.”

Don't worry about it Shaun, the Livi fans appreciated how well the team played and that's what counts. cheers
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:19 pm

Liviforever wrote:Shaun Byrne with a good piece today: https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/shaun-byrne-believes-promotion-premiership-12650286

“There were plenty of guys in that team who can play football and we scored some great goals and played terrific football at times during the season but for some reason that never really got noticed and we weren’t given the credit I felt we deserved.”

Don't worry about it Shaun, the Livi fans appreciated how well the team played and that's what counts. cheers

Or indeed how many times have we heard this:

Shaun Byrne wrote:“Every time we beat a team, we would hear that they didn’t turn up and didn’t perform at their best. It was never the case that we wouldn’t make them play or we were the better team on the day.”
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:41 pm

Those articles were in the Courier Livi Promotion Special Pull Out last week, so the Record is just putting those local interest stories up for wider consumption.

Must be a slow news week.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:59 pm

I'm desperate for news; any news; even fake news....

I'll start...

Livingston FC today announced that they have got a powerful new sponsor. The identity of who is being kept a strict secret.

In other news the Stadium is to be renamed The Trump Vale Stadium and the new pitch being laid will actually be gold in colour to match the new corporate colours although why it has eighteen holes drilled in it is as yet unclear.

You heard it here first.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:55 pm

Hang on in there Durnford, the World cup starts tomorrow.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:17 pm

Durnford wrote:I'm desperate for news; any news; even fake news....

I'll start...

Livingston FC today announced that they have got a powerful new sponsor. The identity of who is being kept a strict secret.

In other news the Stadium is to be renamed The Trump Vale Stadium and the new pitch being laid will actually be gold in colour to match the new corporate colours although why it has eighteen holes drilled in it is as yet unclear.

You heard it here first.

It’s not on the OCS yet but I believe we have signed Messi, Ronaldo, Bale & Coutinho & they have all paid the club £100m for the privilege of being a Lion & the latest name in the frame for the head coach position is Pep Guardiola
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:25 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Durnford wrote:I'm desperate for news; any news; even fake news....

I'll start...

You heard it here first.

It’s not on the OCS yet but I believe we have signed Messi, Ronaldo, Bale & Coutinho & they have all paid the club £100m for the privilege of being a Lion & the latest name in the frame for the head coach position is Pep Guardiola

Excellent news Bertie but will they be happy sitting on the bench waiting to substitute Mackin and Miller?

Anyway I think they'll all need to up their fitness.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:52 pm

We’ll have to wait until Calum Carson interviews them after the World Cup I suppose.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:51 pm

Good article in the DR from a Lee Miller interview, covering his departure at Falkirk and our promotion through the play offs. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lee-miller-opens-up-falkirk-12919598
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:05 pm

What a turn of events and fortunes, we're in the Premiership and the likes of Utd and Falkirk are struggling in the Championship. Even ICT and Ross County's fortunes have taken a turn for the worse, wasn't that long ago I was saying how well run they were and we should take them as an example of how to run our club.

Dundee and St Mirren are also looking a complete mess, St Mirren were flying last season, now they've lost important players and their manager and looking like going straight back down again. Dundee wont be far behind them by the looks of things.

Hartley sacked from Falkirk and him signing thousands of duffers before he went (ok slight exaggeration there, they aren't all duffers, some are just mediocre). It was only 2 seasons ago we were in League One and they were in the promotion play offs finishing above Hibs in the League, how things have turned.

Not that i'm wallowing in their despair, but I can't help have a nice glowing feeling looking down on them from our lofty position.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:27 pm

Oh and this one is a belter from an ex Falkirk player now playing at East Stirlingshire, making this tweet after we punted Kenny Miller:

@Andyrodgers83
    Aug 19

More
    If there has ever been a bigger joke of a club than Livingston in Scottish football then I’ve not seen them.......#shambles

Yeah Andy, what a shambles we are sitting pretty in the top flight and looking good with our new manager. : Greggy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:50 am