The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
ianlivi
Liviforever
Afro
Auld Nick
LiviLion
LiviCub
Durnford
11 posters

Season tickets

Durnford

Season tickets Empty Season tickets

Post by Durnford Thu May 07, 2015 10:46 am

Are available on the official site now

Be warned though you only have until the end of May to retain your existing seats...

Sounds pretty short notice - previously wasn't it well into June?

Also how are students going to prove their eligibility?
    Durnford

Season tickets Empty Re: Season tickets

Post by Durnford Thu May 07, 2015 11:25 am

Having read the site again it sounds like they're not asking for proof of eligibility????
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Thu May 07, 2015 12:12 pm

I agree that it is short notice to keep your seat but I would imagine the club had two business plans regarding ST depending on what league we ended up.

Unless we're lost in translation D, it says on the website that a "proof of eligibility will be required at the point of purchase for all concession sales". I assume this proof will be a student card/acceptance of an offer from a college or university. Before that, it does point out that a concession is a person over the age of 65 from a certain date and a student studying in the academic year of 2015/2016.

Prices aren't too bad, particularly if you have young children. The league will consist of a couple of good teams including St Mirren and/or Motherwell, Rangers and Hibs.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu May 07, 2015 12:44 pm

LiviCub wrote:I agree that it is short notice to keep your seat but I would imagine the club had two business plans regarding ST depending on what league we ended up.

Unless we're lost in translation D, it says on the website that a "proof of eligibility will be required at the point of purchase for all concession sales". I assume this proof will be a student card/acceptance of an offer from a college or university. Before that, it does point out that a concession is a person over the age of 65 from a certain date and a student studying in the academic year of 2015/2016.

Prices aren't too bad, particularly if you have young children. The league will consist of a couple of good teams including St Mirren and/or Motherwell, Rangers and Hibs.

Okay either I missed that bit or it was subsequently added.

As far as I'm aware most applying for courses won't be accepted for their chosen course until probably July and student cards won't be available until after the start of term.

Maybe they'll accept proof of having applied?

Prices, particularly with the 10% early bird discount, are competitive although I would have liked to see the reintroduction of some family deals or the reopening of the south stand (community stand) deal. Doesn't impact me now as my kids are pretty much grown up and I already have excellent seats in the west stand but would love to think we could perhaps look towards a home gate averaging 2000 again.

Whilst on the subject of cost though last season's tickets were pretty much the cheapest they've been at the vale but maybe paying a bit more could have led the club to being able to afford a player or two to have pulled us out of the mire earlier. That being said it can't have helped having to pay out for so many fines as well.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu May 07, 2015 1:45 pm

Last season they extended the keeping your own seat deadline to June but didn't extend the early bird price, some people got confused thinking the early bird price was also still available.

ianlivi

Post by ianlivi Thu May 07, 2015 7:01 pm

Got mine today (same seat) no one is rushing to get ST's I was only the 2nd person to purchase one. Good deal only an increase of £27 on 2014/2014 season.(over 65 price) Here's to a better season and hopefully new owners!!
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Thu May 07, 2015 8:41 pm

ianlivi wrote:Got mine today (same seat) no one is rushing to get ST's I was only the 2nd person to purchase one.  Good deal only an increase of £27 on 2014/2014 season.(over 65 price) Here's to a better season and hopefully new owners!!

They're only just on sale, settle Wink

Probably be a month or so before I get mine, and I think you'll have people waiting until the end of the playoffs to see who's coming (or staying) down. Having Hibs and Rangers in the league again will have a few of the 'big game' fans renewing theirs, and hopefully some from the 2k+ at the QoS game will be encouraged to buy one after that win.
    ianlivi

Post by ianlivi Thu May 07, 2015 8:54 pm

True LiviLion, people may also be waiting until pay day I suppose. I do hope you are right about additional supporters who attended the QoS game. The larger crowd and encouragement certainly seems to bring out the best in the team. (whoever that might be next season!)
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu May 07, 2015 9:08 pm

LiviLion wrote:
    ianlivi wrote:Got mine today (same seat) no one is rushing to get ST's I was only the 2nd person to purchase one.  Good deal only an increase of £27 on 2014/2014 season.(over 65 price) Here's to a better season and hopefully new owners!!

They're only just on sale, settle Wink

Probably be a month or so before I get mine, and I think you'll have people waiting until the end of the playoffs to see who's coming (or staying) down. Having Hibs and Rangers in the league again will have a few of the 'big game' fans renewing theirs, and hopefully some from the 2k+ at the QoS game will be encouraged to buy one after that win.

To be honest one half of me is hoping the rangers stay down whereas the other half is hoping our hallowed ground is not polluted again by their obnoxious support.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu May 07, 2015 10:03 pm

Article about McDougall's thoughts is interesting: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/livingston/livingston-hope-to-begin-building-squad-in-weeks-1-3765331

Hopefully Rankine will hand over his shares sometime this month and if someone takes them off him and comes in to run the club they get Burchill signed up so he can start offering contracts to the players he wants to keep and also start bringing new players in.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 09, 2015 11:09 pm

Allegedly Sections A1 & A2 are to be given over to away supporters next season....seems odd as I would suspect that St Mirren, Falkirk, & 2 of Hibs, Huns, 'Well or Killie would bring more fans than those sections can hold. (I'm not saying Ross are safe & its a straight fight between 'Well & Killie, simply that Ross wouldn't bring that many fans).
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sat May 09, 2015 11:34 pm

This wouldn't be an issue if the club actually looked over their advertising strategy. Only way they're going to appeal to lapsed fans or to new ones is to have a different approach, that's the only way you're going to get folk in. Near enough 2300 in the home end for the Queens game a week ago shows that a little bit of effort goes a long way. I'm not saying it's the be all, end all solution to our woes but take Motherwell's matchday posters as a foundation - original, provokes interest, sets their club in a positive light to a potential matchgoer. Shame that LFL seems to have no platform whatsoever for fans to get their views across.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun May 10, 2015 12:55 am

Killie brought about 170 men and a dug when we were in the SPL so doubt they're any better now. Motherwell weren't much better.

Hibs and Sevco will obv need put over in the East stand, only one of them has a chance of going up.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 27, 2015 12:42 pm

Not got a clue what's happening at the club for next season, Rankine debacle still not sorted and only got about 3 players signed up and no clue what quality of player we'll be signing once/if the embargo is lifted. However I'm going to bite the bullet and get my ST tomorrow, must be the only purchase normally sane people are willing part with their money for without knowing what they'll be getting for it. cyclops

Although I do question my sanity at times going to Livi games. scratch
    ianlivi

Post by ianlivi Wed May 27, 2015 1:10 pm

Have to agree, however I must be getting optimistic in my old age buying my ticket when first put on sale. As you say no moves on the Rankine front (as far as we know) and the usual lack of information from the Club on anything - Rankine, embargo, players, Manager etc, Where did the suggestion of 4G pitch come from? We have "released" players at the end of their contracts and squad requires filling, at present there are numerous players looking for Clubs but the longer we leave it the less will be available of the better players. Fingers crossed we hear something soon.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu May 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Went down an renewed it today, asked the lass at the reception if anything had moved on with the Rankine/embargo situation and she thinks it has been sorted at our end. Suppose we'll have to wait on the SFA lifting it if they're satisfied everything is done properly.
    ianlivi

Post by ianlivi Thu May 28, 2015 3:53 pm

Great News let's hope reception have got it right and we can look forward to hearing about players being signed once embargo lifted.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:48 pm

Liviforever wrote:Went down an renewed it today, asked the lass at the reception if anything had moved on with the Rankine/embargo situation and she thinks it has been sorted at our end. Suppose we'll have to wait on the SFA lifting it if they're satisfied everything is done properly.

Got mine on Saturday & heard the same thing; paperwork sent to the SFA on Friday....no doubt nothing will happen there until the compliance officer returns from holiday/crawls out from under a rock/wakes up (delete as appropriate)

No one single largest shareholder; rumour is Neil Hogarth & Graham Leslie have taken 20% each. Neil is from Braidwood Motor Co I think but no idea on Graham.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:30 pm

Gate prices up for this season:

CAT A GAMES: Rangers and Hibernian

Adult: £20
    Conc: £15
    12-16: £12
    Under 12’s: £10

CAT B GAMES: All other league games

Adult: £15
    Conc: £12
    12-16: £12
    Under 12’s: £10

My ST is good value this season.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:34 pm

Liviforever wrote:Gate prices up for this season:

CAT A GAMES: Rangers and Hibernian

Adult:           £20
    Conc:           £15
    12-16:           £12
    Under 12’s:   £10

CAT B GAMES: All other league games

Adult:            £15
    Conc:            £12
    12-16:            £12
    Under 12’s:    £10

My ST is good value this season.

Personally I feel the Cat B are too cheap; we could have easily run to £17 without any impact on the gate in my opinion.

Not surprised about the additional cost of Hibs and the rangers games when taking into account all the extra policing and post match clearing up of fireworks etc. Think we can hardly have made a profit from the hibs games and their tiny visiting support last season - of course this wasn't exactly helped by both Hibs games being televised.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:03 pm

I disagree, I think the Cat B are priced well and have made an effort to listen to fans for a change, every season we hear fans complaining about gate prices so no excuses this season. Nice round figure for the folk collecting the money for adult prices too.

Cat A are also decent when you consider both Hibs and Sevco charge 20 odd quid at their grounds for visiting fans, shame ours will have to pay more too right enough but if anyone paying at the gate can afford a ST then this makes it all the more reason for them to buy one.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:06 pm

Liviforever wrote:I disagree, I think the Cat B are priced well and have made an effort to listen to fans for a change, every season we hear fans complaining about gate prices so no excuses this season. Nice round figure for the folk collecting the money for adult prices too.

Cat A are also decent when you consider both Hibs and Sevco charge 20 odd quid at their grounds for visiting fans, shame ours will have to pay more too right enough but if anyone paying at the gate can afford a ST then this makes it all the more reason for them to buy one.

Actually I'm pretty sure the last time I was at Easter Road (beginning of last season) it was more than that. Plus I saw parents of kids that couldn't have been much older than ten years having to pay the full adult price because they didn't have photo ID.

I know what you mean about reducing prices and encouraging more to attend but will £2 actually make any difference? It is feasible that if you had an entrance price of just a fiver you might get four times the number turn up if it was done regularly but first of all you'd need the balls.

We've been told that currently the break even point is a crowd of 1600 per game - a £2 increase could reduce that to 1387

Provided it didn't put people off but then again wasn't that what we charged last season?
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:58 pm

I actually think the £20 is steep...in fact the £15 is steep...Scottish Football is vastly overpriced.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:26 am

Durnford wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:I disagree, I think the Cat B are priced well and have made an effort to listen to fans for a change, every season we hear fans complaining about gate prices so no excuses this season. Nice round figure for the folk collecting the money for adult prices too.

Actually I'm pretty sure the last time I was at Easter Road (beginning of last season) it was more than that. Plus I saw parents of kids that couldn't have been much older than ten years having to pay the full adult price because they didn't have photo ID.

I know what you mean about reducing prices and encouraging more to attend but will £2 actually make any difference? It is feasible that if you had an entrance price of just a fiver you might get four times the number turn up if it was done regularly but first of all you'd need the balls.

We've been told that currently the break even point is a crowd of 1600 per game - a £2 increase could reduce that to 1387

Provided it didn't put people off but then again wasn't that what we charged last season?

Yeah but that's the thinking we've had for years and why prices have gotten to where they are, esp in the SPFL Premiership which is ridiculous now. The crowds drop so the clubs put the prices up to make up for the loss in att, so the att drops again and then the price goes up and so on......

Hibs screwed their fans over last season with ST prices remaining the same as when they were in the top league and wouldn't refund folk that had bought them early, it'll be interesting if that comes back on them this season, and will they still be keeping the same prices again. Think it was £24 at the gate for away fans too which is why I gave them a bodyswerve, I refused to pay that for a Championship game.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:52 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:I actually think the £20 is steep...in fact the £15 is steep...Scottish Football is vastly overpriced.

Overpriced compared to what? It's live entertainment and we're already unable to balance the books.

I went to the theatre at Christmas time to see the Lady in Black; it cost about £45 for basic seats; there were three actors in the whole performance and one of them only appeared in a veil to scream at appropriate moments. The House must have seated at least 1000 people and they did two performances a day seven days a week.

As Ford said one of the largest costs currently is covering the maintenance of the stadium; but we're stuck with it until he can set up this management company next season. Having heard that the College amongst others have expressed an interest as they have no sports facilities of their own.

Also remember the cabbage and the huns are more than happy to pay more than that to see their collection of overpaid under-performers; I heard somewhere that the season ticket for Ibrox this year is in excess of £400 but stand corrected if anyone has more up to date information; so why should they expect a substantial decrease when visiting us particularly when we offer facilities that are at least as good if not better including parking right by the stadium etc?

I agree that something has to be done to encourage people back to the stadium but reducing the PATG price isn't going to do it. Obviously performances on the field have a big impact but this costs money; we've already cut cost for just about as far as they can go; encouraging kids back in - for example providing a young lions Photo ID card to all Primary school kids for a simple admin charge of about £1 - the bearer gets free entry to all Cat B games - obviously these are going to require an adult in attendance even if that's one adult for five kids that's more money coming through the gate and its securing the future support.

Loads of people have ideas about how to increase attendance but, in my opinion, if you're relying on cost alone you'd have to lower the price substantially before you started to lure people away for the couch on Saturday afternoon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:31 am