The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
orco
Auld Nick
Liviforever
7 posters

Season Tickets for 2017/18

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Season Tickets for 2017/18 Empty Season Tickets for 2017/18

Post by Liviforever Tue May 02, 2017 8:18 pm

Season Tickets for 2017/18 St17

Cracking price for U16's, I hope we get plenty of kids taking it up. Bloody well organised too, getting it up this early, which is good to see. I'm getting excited for next season already, and this season isn't even over. Laughing
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Season Tickets for 2017/18 Empty Re: Season Tickets for 2017/18

Post by Auld Nick Tue May 02, 2017 10:23 pm

Fairly big hike from this season - no one I know is getting a 33% wage increase - not sure we'll be able to renew at this price, which would mean picking and choosing which games to walk up for.

I hope they haven't overpriced them for most current ticket holders but I'm concerned they may have.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue May 02, 2017 11:18 pm

What were they the season before, when we were in the Championship, I can't remember.

Alloa kept the same gate price this season but we dropped ours to the cheapest in League One. Don't think it was £18 we were charging last season in the Championship though so I take it we're pricing it on what other teams are charging this season. So we're jumping from £12 to £18 for adults PaTG, which is a fair hike. Makes it worthwhile getting a ST though, saving £4.67 a game.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed May 03, 2017 1:24 am

If you go up a league I suppose you'd expect the prices to go up. It's a difficult one though. Do the players get a pay rise for playing in the Championship? What are our prices compared to other teams in the league? Will a rise in prices mean less home fans coming?
    The away crowds will likely be bigger than last season which could mean better income from the rise in gate prices.
    It's complicated.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed May 03, 2017 8:36 am

A season ticket will always offer VFM over walk up but it is also a large outlay in one go.

I'm pretty sure our relegation season saw ST's priced at £200 for "early bird" and £220 thereafter.

I'm not having a go at the club BTW, they have to work out what they need to function, but the same goes for fans.

We are having a family holiday in Canada this year to visit family we haven't seen for 14 years, so spare cash on the scale required for a ST is not available without a windfall of some description.

The concept of paying for the ST over 3 months used to be on offer but seems to have disappeared in recent years. 3 months (May, June, July or June, July, August) at £80 a month would be more manageable than £240 in one go, especially when it's more than 1 ST being bought.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed May 03, 2017 5:34 pm

Unlikely to get to many games, just like this season, but don't think I'll be able to get a season ticket at £240, especially if I'm only getting to the odd game.

If my student card can get me a concession ticket then I might get one, just to stop me splashing out every other week.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Thu May 04, 2017 3:41 pm

£18 PATG is a bit steep for an adult I think, especially given it was £12 this season. Granted it's in line with other Championship prices, but I think it will hinder a lot of folk. It's a difficult balancing act, too; adult ST price is a wee bit up but the U18 offer should be commended, and advertised far and wide.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu May 04, 2017 9:42 pm

33% is not a "wee bit" it's a hefty hike; the walk up price is a 50% increase which is huge.

The u18 deal actually an u16 deal but it is superb but me & mine have long since left that age group.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri May 05, 2017 7:45 pm

Rather surprised that the club didnt put in an early bird option for supporters who are fortunate enough to cough up that we bit early.Will peruse through other clubs in the Championship to see the comparisons between their prices and ours compare,but i suspect we will be on a par with most in the division.Personally think around £220 would have been slightly more appealling but can understand the clubs position here trying to get as much as possible for Hoppy to build a team worth competing in the Championship.Heres to next season anyway.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sat May 06, 2017 12:32 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:33% is not a "wee bit" it's a hefty hike; the walk up price is a 50% increase which is huge.

The u18 deal actually an u16 deal but it is superb but me & mine have long since left that age group.

Apologies, should have said compared to the previous Championship price of £220 (I think?).

Bit of an OG from the club doing away with the staggered payments option - surely expenditure during the summer months isn't as high as during the season, and having a fairly consistent sum across May, June and July is more preferable rather than a hefty(ish) sum in the middle of July?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:17 am

The club is now doing a payment plan for season tickets. http://livingstonfc.co.uk/season-tickets-update-2/
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:35 am

Liviforever wrote:The club is now doing a payment plan for season tickets. http://livingstonfc.co.uk/season-tickets-update-2/

An excellent offer which I will be taking up. Hopefully encourages a lot more people to do the same.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:37 am

It is a good offer but is very tight if everything is to be paid before the season starts, it would probably come down to a deposit and two payments.

It needed to be in place before the end of May.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:48 am

Could maybe negotiate a longer payment plan with Graham on that number they've given to phone, he may be flexible to give another month or two longer to pay it up.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:08 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:It is a good offer but is very tight if everything is to be paid before the season starts, it would probably come down to a deposit and two payments.

It needed to be in place before the end of May.

Agree with this, it doesn't change anything really with still needing to pay it all before the season starts. If it is a case of being able to negotiate it over time then they probably should have made that a bit clearer.

Would definitely be able to get one with the latter, struggling a bit to get it all up front but should manage that anyway.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:17 pm

Thanks to a wee bit of financial restructuring I renewed today along with one of my lads. The older can't get to enough games this coming season to make it financially viable for him but the younger has shelved plans to work longer on Saturdays & decided to renew. Unfortunately we'll miss the opening league match due to being in Canada but that seems to be the only one we'll miss this season. I often miss 1 at the end of September & another mid April (missed the clincher against Alloa) but as the fixtures currently stand we are away on the dates concerned.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:03 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Thanks to a wee bit of financial restructuring I renewed today along with one of my lads. The older can't get to enough games this coming season to make it financially viable for him but the younger has shelved plans to work longer on Saturdays & decided to renew. Unfortunately we'll miss the opening league match due to being in Canada but that seems to be the only one we'll miss this season. I often miss 1 at the end of September & another mid April (missed the clincher against Alloa) but as the fixtures currently stand we are away on the dates concerned.

I was in a similar situation when I renewed today. Youngest is in full time education at West Lothian college so no trouble there.

The oldest, however, is off to america for three years in January as part of his degree. However we worked out that there are eleven league games between now now and when he leaves and the PATG being £12 makes the total cost on a game by game basis totalling £132.

The season ticket is £18 more but for that we are able to retain the seats we've had for the last X years.

Still £540 was a hefty amount to find in one go but its done now.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:42 pm

Still wasn't sure if I'd be getting a ST or paying at the gate for when I could go, so had a look at the fixtures to work out how many I'll miss. Noticed we've got 2 different prices though, the Admission Prices part of the site has concessions as £10, but the season tickets has £12, maybe trying to make the ticket look more attractive Laughing

Missing at least 2, maybe 4 or 5. Pretty sure I'm still better just biting the bullet in case it is only the 2 I miss, means I don't have to worry about paying on the day, can try and save up for a few away days.

Also not sure why we advertise a separate family ticket at £46 when that's exactly how much 2 adults and 2 U16s costs anyway, bit pointless that being there. We've just had a good season and seem pretty prepared so far, just trying to find something to moan about.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:25 pm