The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
ianlivi
Liviforever
Afro
Auld Nick
LiviLion
LiviCub
Durnford
11 posters

Season tickets

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Season tickets - Page 2 Empty Re: Season tickets

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:46 pm

I didn't say other forms of entertainment in this country are not overpriced, they are.

Compare our prices to the Bundesliga, our prices are vastly overpriced
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:22 pm

Why in heavens name would we compare the prices of our league to one of the best supported, highest financed in the world? That's like saying "my Ford Focus is a heap of shit compared to the Lamborghini up the road". It's 22 guys kicking a fitbaw around, but that's where the similarities stop.

Simple fact is, we probably charge what we can afford to, when looking at an achievable break even point. We've tried the catch all, gimmicky stuff before (we sell more you pay less for season tickets, five games for 30 quid or whatever it was under Massone), and by and large they don't work. We haven't had enough interest when doing these things to remotely break even, hence the reason why our club is perennially in the shit. Some people, sadly, just aren't interested - or they would be, but they want to be told about the game personally by a visit from a player (because reading the courier, checking facebook/twitter isn't enough apparently) and also want in for a fiver.

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:44 pm

Why? Well first of all to see if what they do can enhance what we do. They get sell out crowds because people can afford to go (that's why it IS one of the best supported leagues in the world) & they reap the benefits. The clubs make more by making it affordable & getting more people in to watch it. Better 2000 people paying £10.50 a ticket than 1000 paying £15-£20; maybe then our league would be better financed. The Bundesliga hasn't always been so well financed. But like most things German, they have been meticulous, methodical & effective. If we can't learn from them we are zipped up the back of the heid & the zipper-teeth are starting to fall out.

I'm not just talking about Livi, we know the struggles we face to get people through the turnstyles is largely based on "My dad's a xxxx fan & his dad was an xxxx fan so I'm an xxxx fan & my son will be an xxxx fan whether he likes it or not!" We Scots are nothing if not parochial.

The prices down south are even worse especially when you consider how well financed they are as a league; but the punters don't mind so much because of the quality of player on show.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:06 am

Anyhoo, I think this seasons prices are pretty good and if we get a season without any off field shenanigans it can only help to build on it for next season.

Mid table finish with young players who will be even better next season and a bit of stability would go a long way towards getting fans interested in coming along.
    There are plenty ideas going around the club can try out and this is a no bad start for them. They've got the serveries changed to cheaper prices and the pie I had was decent quality too, that was after a fans forum so I'm sure they're open to fans suggestions for making things more attractive to the paying customer.

Some good PR and a feel good factor would make such a difference, that for me has been missing for too long, we've been treading water and making little to no effort in getting folk down to the stadium.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Season tickets - Page 2 Empty Swipe Card Discounts

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:42 am

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/swipe-card-holder-discounts/

All Season Ticket swipe card holders can now receive the following benefits on production of their cards:
    •40% off Domino’s Pizza (Livingston store only)
    •20% off at the Lime Kiln, Livingston.

Please keep watching for even MORE discounts becoming available

Good stuff, should get discounts at the stadium bar too though or folk will be going to the Lime Kiln on match days.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:40 pm

Yeah the stadium bar idea is surely a no brainer.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:09 pm

Will the Lime Kiln be giving 20% off drinks though?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:45 pm

Just says 20% off at the Lime Kiln so I presumed so, might head in there next week pre match and find out. At worst i'll get a decent pint anyway, hit or a miss at the stadium bar whether the beer is good.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:08 pm

Whats the script with this wee card you get? Im wanting to get one before Saturdays game but probably wont get down to the stadium before Saturday
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:36 pm

Giving them out instead of season books, must just swipe them at the turn style instead of tearing off a slip from a book.

I know a few folk that haven't got them yet and are struggling through the week with work so will prob need to get down before 12 pm on Sat before the first home game.

Seems an obvious solution to ask an extra for postage to anyone wanting them sent out that can't manage down to the stadium through the week, bit late now though.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:08 pm

As I understand it the card is optional, you can stick with the book of tickets if you want to
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:29 pm

Better tell them then because they didn't give me the option I just got handed the card. Not that I'm bothered, just was going to stick with the book till all the kinks were sorted as I can just imagine something going wrong with this tap2 card next week and folk stuck at the turn styles when the game starts. Laughing
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:25 pm

This is what was posted on the club website...notice "invited" and "those interested"

Season Tickets update
    Posted on Friday, 17 July, 2015
    swipe-card-2015We’re pleased to confirm that all Season Tickets are now available for collection from the stadium.

Supporters are also invited to exchange their existing Season Ticket books for our new swipe cards at NO extra cost. This can also be done at the stadium, but we ask that those interested do not do so on a match day as this will overstretch our reception staff.

This still gives a 4 week window before our first Ladbrokes Championship home game with Queen of the South.

For supporters still wishing to buy their swipe cards online, please note that TAP2 have experienced a technical issue which has meant this facility will not now be available till Monday. We can only apologise for this, but the issue is outwith our control presently.

Share this:
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:37 pm

So we are now two home games in & it is clear that the Swipe card system needs to be improved.

Only one side of the turnstyles has a card reader & the same side also takes paper tickets & adult PATG so the queue was long & slow, while the other side had no queue at all, suggesting most STs are now the swipe card...therefore there should be a card reader on both sides.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:19 am

Yep, def need to get both turnstyles equipped with the card reader.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:17 am