The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Scotland v England Cricket ODI

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Scotland v England Cricket ODI Empty Scotland v England Cricket ODI

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:23 pm

I know nobody cares but Scotland beat England at today's one day international cricket match in Edinburgh... First time we've ever beaten them in international cricket.

lol!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Scotland v England Cricket ODI Empty Re: Scotland v England Cricket ODI

Post by Liviforever Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:11 pm

Can't stand watching it but that must be a huge deal for Scottish cricket, it is a major sport in England and we really couldn't care less about it here. The only cricket field I've ever seen in Scotland was up in Fauldhouse, and have never seen anyone playing on it.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:56 pm

Here’s how big it is... the number 1 ranked side in ODI cricket? England

They have only beaten the best ODI side in the world.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:49 am

Dinnae care about cricket but that score is bound to annoy "them". Cool
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:13 am

Liviforever wrote:Can't stand watching it but that must be a huge deal for Scottish cricket, it is a major sport in England and we really couldn't care less about it here. The only cricket field I've ever seen in Scotland was up in Fauldhouse, and have never seen anyone playing on it.

Teams were playing on the pitch on Friday evening; Saturday and Sunday at the Murieston Cricket pitch. It's actually a lot wider spread than you might imagine. Actually I seem to recall that Greenock used to have quite a good side for a while in the 80's and 90's although exactly how with eighty percent of the town being on a severe slope...

A few years back any decent Scottish players went to play in the England side; the same could be said for the Welsh so the name "England" was a bit of a misnomer; haven't really kept up with the sides development for about 20 years so don't know if that's changed but certainly from a Welsh point of view, with a top class side in Glamorgan it must be pretty galling to see all your best player going play internationals for what is effectively another country if in name only.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:03 pm

When we played cricket at school and it was my side's turn batting I can remember wanting my own team mates bowled out so I could get a shot batting I was bored to feck standing doing nothing. Laughing Bowling/fielding was ok cause you had something to do but it was mind numbingly boring when you had to bat.

Same watching it on telly, just find it so boring when nothing is happening. At least in baseball other things go on, like trying to steal bases. I think the Australians just like it cause it's an excuse to sit out in the sun and get pissed with their mates. lol!

Can remember Andy Goram played cricket for Scotland but had to give it up when he signed for Rangers, they wouldn't allow him to play in case he got injured.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:53 am