The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Auld Nick
Liviforever
6 posters

Killie v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Killie v Livi Empty Killie v Livi

Post by Liviforever Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:58 pm

This game is akin to the Hearts away game we had when Hearts were flying. Killie at home are a tough outfit, would bite your proverbial hand off for a draw right now.

The Hardie return feels like the 2nd coming, we seem to have been waiting for it to happen all season, so i'm not building my hopes up on him playing here, Menga is back though, i'd like to see Hamilton and Menga start up front, then bringing Robinson on for Menga around the 65th minute mark.

On a sour note, Bobby Madden is the referee for this game, oh joy.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Killie v Livi Empty Re: Killie v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:41 pm

I’d also like to see Hammy & Menga, I suspect it is more likely to happen at home though.

Don’t think it matters who the ref is, they are all worse than useless.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:45 pm

Yeah I just remember Madden from last season's cup game at Easter Rd, giving Hibs a free kick for nowt, it goes straight out for a goal kick but he awards them a corner instead, which they score from. Then the game being tied at 2-2 going into ET, he awards a penalty to Hibs for feckall. Bugger owes us 2 free goals to make up for that shite performance.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:04 am

Reckon most people outside Livi will have this as a home banker.Maybe so but we drew with them earlier in the season and i feel we are good enough to take something from this game albeit will be difficuilt against a good Killie team.Will be a tester for us but with these lads you never know and i for one darent doubt them.Weve nothing to lose as before and im sure the boys will give everything theve got.Iwish them all the luck in the world.Cmon Livi lets do it!!! lol!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:12 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:I’d also like to see Hammy & Menga, I suspect it is more likely to happen at home though.

Don’t think it matters who the ref is, they are all worse than useless.

Hamilton scored 2 goals for the reserves last night so looks like you're right, he wont be starting tonight. Prob back to Robinson and Menga up front.

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:54 pm

Hardie is on the bench
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:11 pm

1-1, FG 29 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:10 pm

Killie 2 up in 20 mins unfortunately
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:41 pm

Not showing up at all here, it'll need a big change in the 2nd half.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:51 pm

Congrats to Killie, the new league leaders!
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:46 pm

A combination of Livi being below par and Kilmarnock playing some excellent football made the first half a bit of a horror show to watch. A change of personnel and a cranking up of effort saw an improved second half performance during which we had a decent couple of chances. It just wasn't our night though and Killie were worthy winners. Well done to them getting to the top of the league too.
    As an afterthought I am still failing to see what Lawson brings to the team.

Edited to add - Killie played some very nice football tonight but I have to say that they have to have been coached to dive. Even the inept Bobby Madden could see that towards the end of the game when he stopped giving them fouls every time they went down.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:27 am

Suppose we were resting Keaghan for the Saturday game and weren't wanting to burn him out with the busy Dec Schedule, Lawson had a bit of a mare though. He did save us with a goal line clearance when we got caught out from another corner, exact same move as their first goal with Killie getting a header in front of our defence, disappointing defending from us. Their 2nd goal was like watching the Hamilton Accies sucker punch, or the Celtic one in the opening game, we really need to learn from our mistakes and stop getting caught out on the counter attack.

Anyway, not altogether unexpected losing this game, just need to move on and win the next one against easier opposition on Saturday.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:38 pm

Interesting comment from Clarke after the game, backs up what I posted, he's spotted a weakness and exploited it for their 2nd goal, obv did his homework on us. Their corner looked rehearsed too because they did the exact same ball and nearly got another goal. If they'd put it high into the box chances are we'd clear it, but they hit it with pace, just high enough to get a running header on it to deflect the ball towards goal.

themselves.
    "We’ve still got an awful lot of work to do here."
    Summer loan signing Stewart hit his third goal in two matches and the attacker's second was particularly pleasing to Clarke.
    He added: "At the first goal they will be disappointed that it came from a corner kick but it was a good delivery and good movement from Greg in the box.
    "I liked the second goal, they tend to get a lot of bodies in the box from deep free kicks and we caught them on the counter attack, which is something we spoke about before the game.
    “From our point of view, it’s a good goal to score against an opponent who put a lot of bodies forward into the box.”
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:44 pm

The worst thing about the second goal (having just seen it on SSN) is that Lawson got back to block & then stood & watched the guy he had just blocked score the goal.
    fanfromday1
    fanfromday1

Post by fanfromday1 Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:48 pm

Not said this for a while.....but we were rank against Kilmarnock. It's the first game in the PL where I felt that for large parts of it we looked a bit out of our depth.
    However I put that down to far to many Livi players especially Lawson, Lammie and Lawless being out of sorts plus all credit to Kilmarnock for their well organised and skilful performance.
    We'll get games like this, frustrating and annoying though they are, but we just need to bounce back against St Mirren on Saturday to keep us on track.
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:22 pm

After all the plaudits weve had recently for our defensive qualities it was dissapointing last night the way we gave those two goals away.Not to take anything away from Killie as their on fire just now.Hopefully the lads and gaffer will have learned something from this which will benefit us in the future.Special mention for the 154 hardy souls who ventured down to Ayrshire last night to back the team.Well done all of you.The team should need no motivation for Saturday exept the fact that a win would put us 16 points clear of the Buddies in 11th place and i for one would take that.Bouncebackability is the key for me and i reckon the Lions will get back on the rails and put us in a very strong position going inti the festive period.We move on and get right behind them on Saturday.Cmon Livi you can do it.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:31 pm

No shame in losing to the league leaders and (hopefully) eventual champions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:34 am