The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Troy
Auld Nick
Liviforever
7 posters

Livi v Dundee

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Dundee Empty Livi v Dundee

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:14 pm

This is the perfect game for us to get our first win of 2019, and score a few goals too. We need to play with a high intensity again and get an early goal to boost our confidence in front of goal, then the goals will flow again.

I think Gallagher was a booking away from a suspension before the Hearts game, so he may be suspended for this game, might see the loan signing Brown coming in if he is. Oddofin and Lamie as WB's again would be good, and hopefully Tiffoney is back fit.

Really looking forward to this game, after a weekend of no football I can't wait for us to get right in about Dundee and hopefully send them home with 0 points. Mon the Lions, put in a rip roaring performance here and take all 3 points. bounce
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Dundee Empty Re: Livi v Dundee

Post by Auld Nick Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:50 pm

Yeah a win here would be just what we need. It would ease the doubts that have been creeping in & put them in their place.

I know we have a comfortable lead over the bottom 3 but not too long ago we had a comfortable lead over Motherwell.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:33 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Yeah a win here would be just what we need. It would ease the doubts that have been creeping in & put them in their place.

I know we have a comfortable lead over the bottom 3 but not too long ago we had a comfortable lead over Motherwell.

Only 13 games left to play and the bottom two would need to more than double the points they've taken 25 games to accumulate, very much doubt either of them will get above 31 points.

Strangely optimistic about this game and really looking forward to it. Like the look of Odoffin and think he'll be a really useful player to get the ball across the box for Hardie.

Menga is looking doubtful, according to CC's twitter only Robinson and Raffa are close to a return. You never know with Holt though, he likes making out players wont make it, only for them to be in the starting line up. Laughing
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:51 pm

Yeah, I’m being over cautious but given how good we have been I want us to finish miles clear of the bottom 3 who have all been consistently inept.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:35 pm

Really looking forward to this game tommorow especially as we are back on our home turf,pardon the pun.There seems to be a renewed opptomism among the Dees support as they feel theyve turned a wee corner and the fact that theyve sold more than their allocation for the game should insure a decent atamosphere at the game at least.Would love to have Dolly back up beside Ryan for this one although i dont know if hes quite ready yet.Hopefully Gary will ensure Ryan has someone along side him and doesnt leave him isolated waiting for the long ball.Its frustrating to whatch when i feel we are more than capable of keeping the ball on the deck for our flair players to take that defence appart and ensure the gap in points puts us ever closer to our goal.Could be tight but hopfully the Lions will prevail and send the Taysiders back up the M90 with nothing but beer stqains to help them on their way.Anyway,Cmon Livi lets do them.!!!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:58 pm

From what I read Menga and Tiffoney weren't going to make this game, but Robinson could start, or at least be in the squad for tomorrow's game.

Holt has said this kind of thing before though so both may well be in the team sheet. Dolly def wasn't as troublesome as he normally is in his last game though, his injury was def hampering him, so unless he's fully fit i'd rather have Robinson playing.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:10 am

The closer we get to kick off the more I’m getting the fear... I think they are much better now than when we won 4-0 but I also think they are still blowing hot & cold in equal measure... my fear is that today they blow hot.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:34 pm

Well my fear was that Dundee would “blow hot” - they didn’t but still snatched the win. However it was bad enough having to play 10 v11 for 75 minutes that the real bug bear I have about this game is that it was actually 10 v 15.

My take on the red card - joke of a decision, I thought both players went in for it in the same fashion so either send them both off or yellow card both or let it go.

My take on the 4th official - when did the 4th official start having a say in what happens on the pitch?
    I may be wrong but I thought the 4th official was to keep the peace at the dugouts as well as indicate the substitutions & the added time, end of.

My take on Lawless being booked for diving - another joke - I couldn’t be sure if it was a pen but it was clearly not a dive. Message from my son who was in A2 today was that it should have been a pen.

Having said all that - we didn’t help ourselves with our misses which could have killed them off before they equalised & could have salvaged a point at the end. We also began defending too deep too early which led to the equaliser. When we took the game to them we were causing them problems so we didn’t need to drop back so early in the game.

Credit where it is due, the winner was a belter of a free kick & the free kick itself was correctly awarded.

Overall I didn’t think we deserved to lose but the bad run continues, our comfortable lead is being eroded week after week.

Lothiangamer
    Lothiangamer

Post by Lothiangamer Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:59 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:

My take on the 4th official - when did the 4th official start having a say in what happens on the pitch?
    I may be wrong but I thought the 4th official was to keep the peace at the dugouts as well as indicate the substitutions & the added time, end of.

The first change to enforcement of the laws of the game has been introduced by Fifa, who will permit fourth officials to tell referees if they have witnessed a red card offence.

This was a story from June 2010 so has been for a wee while just never seem to see it much.

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:07 pm

Hmm. I stand corrected then - however Beaton seemed to be getting involved in much more than that today
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:48 pm

He was up beyond the home dug out at one point, on the pitch moving the ball for our free kick. He really is an erse of a referee.
    fanfromday1
    fanfromday1

Post by fanfromday1 Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:47 pm

That was the worst set of officials I've see for a long time. Totally ruined the game. When you see some the challenges that have gone unpunished this season then Byrne's sending off was a joke. There were however a catalogue of poor decisions from Aitken and that useless assistant at the Livi side of the stadium who didn't even see the entire ball run over the line for a throw in at one point

We would have won that game if it had been 11 v 11 because they weren't a great side and watching them celebrate as if they just won the Champions League stuck in my craw. I can take a beating even though it hurts but today I left that game feeling cheated and angry.

Officials moan about the amount of criticism they receive well today's performance I think justifies some of that criticism but don't expect the standard to improve anytime soon.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:29 pm

That’s the sad thing, you’re right it won’t improve. There are far too many so called journalists out there who couldn’t conduct an investigation of their naval (that’s your belly button, if any of those so called journalists are on here looking for “stories” to invent) never mind apply investigative journalist skills to exposing the corruption & ineptitude of the SFA. Instead they bleat on & on about plastic pitches & how it’s ruining the game; get a grip...it’s the SFA that has been doing that unchecked for decades!
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:01 pm

Believe it or not all three of the Livi sending offs last season were by Greg Aitken - Falkirk away, Dunfermline and Morton at home. A yellow card today would have sufficed. Byrne went in foolishly but not maliciously and the Dundee player made a meal of it.
    Apparently Beaton gave the advice but surely Aitken has the final say. With his red card record against us though he didn't need much persuasion did he!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:20 am

That sums up what I’m saying about the SFA.... What you have shown is not a coincidence it is a pattern.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:55 am

Wouldnt normally come on here and complain so much about match officials but in this case it is totally merited.I came away from the game last night feeling cheated by the ineptitude shown by Aitken and his lacky Beaton and indeed the latter got dogs abuse from me right at the end,something i havent done in years.Its not sour grapes and Dundee got the three points with a terrific free kick which Kelly had no chance with but you just felt it was coming.The sending off albeit harsh imo certainly affected the game with Hardie being isolated for much of the rest of the game which was something id worried about pre match.He needs constant help up front for us to get back to our old ways and i for one cant wait till we get our walking wounded back.All in all a dissapointing day not helped by those arseholes in black.We move on.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:31 pm

That's Motherwell 1-1 away and Dundee 1-2 home we've been done by officials not giving us a stonewall penalty, then you get Sevco being awarded 4 in the one game, 3 of which weren't penalties, it really is ridiculous that these officials are so incompetent and yet get to keep on refereeing games.

It also looked like the red card just suddenly got produced after a change of mind, Byrne walked away and suddenly Aitken chased after him holding his red card out, I honestly thought it was only going to be a yellow and thought if the ref thought it a red he'd have had the card out straight away. Didn't even make me concerned about it possibly being a red, it was mistimed but not anything that looked dangerous, complete joke of a ref.

Dundee were allowed more freedom to piss about with the ball around our box after that decision by Aitken, taking one of our main midfield player out of the game. Still couldn't see them scoring, their shooting was awful, little looping header and a peach of a free kick got them their goals though, and can see why they celebrated them so much, it was a result that moved them up to 10th place and gives them belief they can stay up.

As has been said, Hardie was isolated after the sending off too, he had to keep turning back with the ball looking for support that took 20 or so seconds to come, which gave their big No3 the chance to put a tackle in, would've been totally different if he had a player up there with him to lay the ball off to and then get himself into the box for a return pass.

Annoying as the defeat was due to match officials incompetence, we just have to move on to the next game and use that feeling of injustice to good use, motivating us a bit more against Killie. Hopefully we'll have Dolly and Tiffoney back fit for that game to give us some stronger options up front.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:03 pm

Discussing the officials instead of the game has become such a habit on here but no wonder given some of the poor decisions this season that have cost us points.  Liviforever you missed out the non corner given to Aberdeen at Pittodrie late in the game at which cost us another point.
    Anyway I wanted to say that I thought Pittman was immense yesterday.  He just epitomises everything about this team with his tenacity and hard work. Hope we keep him for ever. Very Happy
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:48 pm

Having rewatched Byrne's sending off several times I do tend to think it was rather reckless and bound to get him a booking at best. There was no need for him to go in like that with the foot so high and it was rather stupid particularly with Aitken in charge.

Penalty appeal - well there was definite contact and the Dundee player also had his hands on Lawless. Its funny that Lawless gets booked for diving yet the blatant dive in the first half by a Dundee player resulted only in Aitken waving his hand for the player to get up.

Finally Hardie hay not have got all yhe support he needed but he weas no way near the player he was before the winter break. Personally I cant help wonder if some of this loss of form is to do with the fact that he's sighed a further year's extension with sevco and he doesn't feel he needs to try anymore.

Still find it difficult to believe that we let Hamilton go out on loan; he got just nine minutes in the game on Saturday with Alloa. I would say he's actually worse of than when he was making appearances for us from the bench. Leastways Cadden got 20 minutes.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:10 am

Agree on Hardie’s performance on Saturday but will give him more time for now... playing on his own didn’t help & he was linking quite well with Robbo until the red card to Byrne.

Also agree on loaning out guys like Hammy & Cadden; their replacements haven’t shown anything to merit being chosen above them so far.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 pm