The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

BBC Prediction for the Premiership

Liviforever
    Liviforever

BBC Prediction for the Premiership Empty BBC Prediction for the Premiership

Post by Liviforever Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:11 am

Thought this was a fun thing to do, the BBC website has a Premiership table predictor, just fill it in and stick it up here to see how close we all came at the end of the season. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48748023

Here's my tuppence worth.

BBC Prediction for the Premiership Scot-p10
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

BBC Prediction for the Premiership Empty Re: BBC Prediction for the Premiership

Post by Auld Nick Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:51 pm

BBC Prediction for the Premiership Scot-Prem-predictorRRR-0cb8d9427a78b6f832c9eaaa0420db06
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:42 pm

Thompson and Stewart's predictions pretty much match ours in the top 6/7 Bertie, Thompson has us 12th and Stewart 11th.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49130096

Funny how Ross County* are tipped to do well but Livi weren't last season when we came up. Going to love proving them all wrong again this season.

*"They've experienced Premiership players in their team". Aye they've players with experience playing in the top flight, from when they got relegated. Laughing
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:51 pm

After today’s results I think I may have overestimated St Johnstone.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:23 pm

Think I may have overestimated them as well, I had them just avoiding the play offs, at this rate they'll maybe keep St Mirren up.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:55 am

Different season, same old shite from bbc pundits, Steven Thompson blaming our pitch for Motherwell not beating us yesterday, and of course Allan Preston all over our game with big digs at us (small support, plastic pitch, rubber pellets, rubbish game with no goals), pair of plonkers. Looks like we'll get no credit again, and it'll be around December before any of them can admit we're a decent looking team again.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:51 am

Thompson changing his mind after watching the opening games, and has Accies instead of Livi for 12th place. Stewart has St Mirren 12th, and us 11th.

A win against St Johnstone next week and they'll both be changing again and having us 9th. Laughing
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:59 am

Well we absolutely blew County away, another team that was getting plenty of plaudits till they played us, and on grass, away from home, I think that's maybe the watershed moment where they take notice of us.

That's us 3 games into the league and my prediction may need adjusted;

Motherwell who I thought would be strong looked pretty average against us.

And from what I've seen so far Hibs are shockingly poor defensively, not a patch on the team they were last season.

Hearts are piss poor up front without Naismith, and pretty average looking all over the pitch.

Aberdeen are the same without Cosgrove, who has looked poor himself the last 2 games.

Killie aren't a patch on their team last season either, I think they're missing Clark's man management skills to getthem punching above their weight.

St Johnstone are about what I expected, although that's 2 weeks running they've managed to get a 2-2 draw coming from behind, so they've got goals in their team.

Accies still look piss poor, but pull the odd result out the bag.

St Mirren may not be as bad as I expected, they've made a lot of signings under Goodwin, and look like they may be well organised and hard to break down.

Nothing to fear from any of the teams outside the Glasgow erse cheeks, obv keeping it going the whole season is where we fell last season, so if we are going to challenge for a top 6 spot, and even one of the European places, we'd need to be a lot better after January.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:43 pm