The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Betfred Cup v County.

Troy

Betfred Cup v County. Empty Betfred Cup v County.

Post by Troy Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:10 pm

This is a one off for both sides with a place at Hampden at stake.We are at home on our pitch and have a bit of momentum behind us.If Proplatnik is carrying an injury i wonder if big Jet would be ready to step in as i cant see Davie going with Robbo up front on his own unless he has Tiffs beside him,but would leave us no hieght up top. Would have struggled a few weeks ago to give a prediction but im more confident of getting a result here.First goal will be crucial i reckon as i dont see it being a runaway for either. Anyway give it your best shot Livi,and get yourselves to Hampden. 👍 🦁
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Betfred Cup v County. Empty Re: Betfred Cup v County.

Post by Liviforever Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:22 pm

Would be stunned if he didn't go with Robbo, esp after him scoring the winning goal against Utd.

Robbo is the only front player left with pace to press defenders, he's played that role numerous times for us when needed, he's very good at nicking the ball off opposition players too, and being a right nuisance to them.

Bigger problem is who to replace him with after he's ran himself into the ground, prob have to be JET with Tiffoney also likely to be injured. By that time County players will be tired though, which may give JET an advantage, as long as the attacking mid three get up to support him.

Mullin will be key again, Holt didn't play him in our 1-1 draw with them in the league, his deliveries from set pieces and the wing will be vital, big Fitzwater is also adding a big threat at set pieces, taking some of the heat off Guthrie too, for him to get onto Mullin's crosses.

Hoping we'll stick with Marv and Sibbald and not replace Sibbs with Holt.

Looking forward to this game, have a feeling in ma water we'll win it comfortably.
    Livi2020

Post by Livi2020 Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:02 pm

I am sure it will be same starting 11 from last game apart from Robbo replacing Poplatnik because of the injury.
    Poplatnik hopefully on the bench.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:29 pm

Livi2020 wrote:I am sure it will be same starting 11 from last game apart from Robbo replacing Poplatnik because of the injury.
    Poplatnik hopefully on the bench.

Yep Martindale saying it's only Tiffoney that will be out of the squad from the St Johnstone game, and Lawson will replace him. Would prefer Poplatnik to start but if he's nursing sore ribs it may be Robbo, and then Poplatnik will come on to replace him when he's knackered.
    Livi2020

Post by Livi2020 Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:48 pm

We need a good performance and I have a feeling the lads will produce.
    Would also prefer Poplatnik to start but hopefully he is ok to come of the bench if needed. I just think he brings something different, he might not be scoring goals but he bring so much more to the team.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:30 pm

Yeah added bonus to Poplatnik's good energetic pressing and hold up play, to bring in our midfielders, is he's also good in the air, and wins a lot of headers. For his height you don't expect that.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:08 am

Big opporchancity to reach a Hampden semi final but County will be thinking that way too after winning in Glasgow. That said, once you’ve done that the next game can sometimes be a wee bit after the Lord Mayor’s show, so hopefully they are flat & we are up for it.
    Livi2020

Post by Livi2020 Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:56 pm

Same starting 11 as last game apart from Poplatnik not recovering fully and being replaced by Robbo. Poplatnik on the bench.
    What’s the odds of him coming of the bench and getting a winner 😉

Troy

Post by Troy Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:56 pm

Just a bit concerned about the lack of hieght up front.This is going to take a different kind of game to get us through,ie no hoofball,would be pointless. Hopefully Davies got a game plan. I wish him well 🦁
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:26 pm

Don't really need height playing it the same way we have our last 3 games Troy, it's all about winning those 2nd balls. Robbo pressing the defender so he doesn't get a free header and the time to either pick his man or bring it down, so the Livi 2nd wave come onto the loose ball and start our attack.

Would think it'll depend on how the game pans out whether Poplatnik comes on, if we're a couple of goals up there's no need to risk him flaring up his injured ribs, and we can afford to bring JET on. Good options from the bench to either attack more looking for a goal or see out the game.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:40 pm

Great start again by us, well put away by Sibbs. Nice ball into the box by the County player for the assist of Forrest's goal. That's his 7th of the tournament.

County getting in behind us a few times though so the game is still not safe, great save by Stryjek. Relieved to get to HT with our 2 goal lead, big Guthrie could easily have had a red card for that pull back too.

Come out quick again Livi and score a 3rd, then we can relax enough to bring JET on for the last 25 mins.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:46 pm

Yeh i think lady fortune has looked down on us.Heart was in my mouth with that Guthrie pull back.We got the breaks for the goals,had a great chance end of the half with that ball across the six yard line.Would agree if we get the chance weve got to put this game to bed.Livi and 2 nills,il keep my mouth shut.Mon the Lions.🦁
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:02 pm

Nippy forward like Robbo against the County battleship defenders is a better plan of action than a bulky forward trying to win high balls
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:45 pm

Livi in the Semi final, fantastic. cheers

St Murn are beating Sevco 2-1 too, if that score stays like that the cup is wide open for any of the 4 teams left. Would be unbelievable if we won it again.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:52 pm

And Sevco equalised, feckit we will beat them too if we draw them in the Semi. bounce
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:54 pm

Bloody hell 3-2 Murn now. lol!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:01 pm

You couldn’t script it could you, Celtic get knocked out opening the door for the Huns to end their monopoly of the trophies (assuming Hearts don’t cause a massive shock) & they go & Slippy-G-it lol!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:04 pm

This would just be unbelievable if we get to the final and win it again, it can't happen, can it?
    Livi2020

Post by Livi2020 Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:10 pm

Liviforever let’s just keep believing 💪🏻💪🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:11 pm

Think most of us didnt care how we did it,just getting there is an achevment in itself. Comfortable win in the end and even hitting woodwork twice.Stryjek again magnificent between the sticks. Not getting carried away but after tonight we cant do the unthinkable, CAN WE 🦁🤔👍
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:18 pm

Livi2020 wrote:Liviforever let’s just keep believing 💪🏻💪🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Troy wrote:Think most of us didnt care how we did it,just getting there is an achevment in itself. Comfortable win in the end and even hitting woodwork twice.Stryjek again magnificent between the sticks. Not getting carried away but after tonight we cant do the unthinkable, CAN WE 🦁🤔👍

Aye i was just looking for us to get a favourable draw and reach the Semi's, but it has opened up for any of us to win it now, and you have to believe we can do it. What a time we're having as Livi fans just now. cheers
    Livi2020

Post by Livi2020 Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:22 pm

We know that on our day we can beat anyone, and the way the lads are playing now I say we can beat anyone that’s left in the draw.
    We are doing it 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁🦁
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:36 pm

Livi v St Midden
    Hibs v St Perth
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:39 pm

We're just knocking out the teams that knocked the erse cheeks out. Laughing

Livi v Hibs final again, and another Livi win, lets do this. cheers
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:13 am

What a difference having a referee that was reasonably competent. I couldn't believe he let our first goal stand even though it was proved to be a correct decision. Also, most of the time he wasn't fooled by the County histrionics. Loved how their bench were having melt downs. We won, Gers got beat and I won the signed ball donated by the match ball sponsor. Some nights are just good. 😊

Troy likes this post

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:42 pm