The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Betfred Cup v County.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Betfred Cup v County. - Page 2 Empty Re: Betfred Cup v County.

Post by Liviforever Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:37 pm

Read on CC's twitter that all the players who didn't play on Wed night were out putting in a full training session after the game, at 10.15 pm, what a great squad of players we have, no negative attitudes, and everyone pulling together. This is what makes us a strong squad, and will see us rise up the table beyond January.

Some of the other teams have good starting elevens but weaker squads.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:13 pm

Sorry to be a party pooper here,but there isnt a chance in hell,despite the banter on other sites partaining to organising busses tickets etc that any of us will be inside Hampden for the Semi. Christ its six weeks away by which time i fully expect us to either be or just coming out of an inevitable lockdown after the festive period.Its not rocket science to work it out.And dont get me started on Premier Sports.Id rather give my money to the club directly as i have been doing than these shiesters. Reluctantantly il search out a dodgy stream as i suspect more fans will do,better than nothing. Sorry having a bad day due to no Livi today.Jeff Stelling and a few beers will sort that out.😂🦁🍺👍
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:08 pm

I suspect we'll be going into a full lockdown in Jan, due to a hike in covid cases after the festive period where families mixed and people went overboard partying in one another's houses.

Take it the club will be getting a few grand for the semi being televised though, and we'll make a lot more that the ppv streams would've.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:47 pm

Yeh,tottally agree L/F.A large majority will not have the intestinal fortitude to reign it in for one year resulting in the consequenses we are going to have to face unfortunatly.Including us fans.Dont know if the club will make a significant sum from this, i suspect not as its the Betfred cup. I personally think both clubs would have made more through the normal PPV with fans who dont normally do it would have for this game,albeit 4pm on a Sunday.Only my opinion of course, probably in a minority of one.😂😂😂🦁👍
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:18 pm

Iirc we lost out on a 65K tv pay day in a quarter final game against Hibs a few seasons back when our game was the only one of the four not televised. That was about 4 years ago and this is a semi final game, so surely it'll be more than that now, we'd have to sell 130 thousand pounds worth of ppv to equal that (possibly 6,500 ppv's at £20 each), with it being split between us and St Mirren, doubt very much we'd have done so.

Bit of a pisser the pubs are all shut too, and we can't go down to the club bar and watch it, although if that was possible it would surely be even safer watching it live in the stadium, 54,000 seater could manage a couple of thousand socially distanced fans. Even if it was ST holders only allowed to go.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:32 pm

Il bow to your superior financial knowledge L/F.Great if indeed the club make a few bob from this,still have my suspitions though.Would be great to get one of the bars open as youve suggested,but as weve both agreed highly unlikely due to the impending restrictions incoming after xmas,Guarenteed.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:06 pm

Still tight in the bottom half of the League after todays results.Were still 7th just,but those games in hand have evapourated.Great results for Saints and Accies. Forget the cup for the moment and keep our momentum going. Its in our hands to put pressure on those below us and ensure our safety. Looks like even now County have gone.The relegation playoff on the other hand is something we want to aviod. We are good enough to pull away from this and im confident we can ultimatly do this.🦁
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:36 am

Aye results could've gone better for us, next time we play St Mirren and Accies in the league we'll have to do better, those are the games we've let ourselves down in, and it is costing us. Even getting draws against them would've had us 7 points better off over St Mirren and 6 over Accies, and we'd have been on 21 points, level with Motherwell & Utd.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:21 pm

Bump.

Mon Troy get the st murn betfred cup semi final thread going, you're our lucky mascot after starting this thread.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:10 am