The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Durnford
Liviforever
6 posters

Forfa v Livi (Betfred cup)

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Forfa v Livi (Betfred cup) Empty Forfa v Livi (Betfred cup)

Post by Liviforever Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:25 pm

Ok chucking a 2 goal lead and not scoring the late pen was a scunner, but we've a well timed break from League business now, and a chance to get our spirits back up against Forfar.

I'm quite excited about the attacking trio of midfielders playing just behind Dykes, I said pre season that Pitts would score a good few goals if pushed further up the pitch, and that goal on Saturday is classic Pittman. Put a ball across the box like that and Pittman will get on the end of it and score.

Only real concern is if McMillan is injured, as our back 4 have looked pretty solid but we've not much back up just now with a few injuries in that area.

Also think we should give Keaghan a wee rest, he's not been on his game the last 2 weeks and has given the ball away quite a bit, if Lawson is fit i'd like to see him playing alongside Bartley, if not then Crawford looks a good replacement

...............................Stewart

Devlin..............Lamie...............Lithgow.............McMillan.

.......................Bartley...............Lawson/Crawford

...........Lawless.............Pittman................Souda

......................................Dykes

Provided we don't have any more 'here have a free shot at an empty net' gifts i see this being a fairly comfortable, 3-0 Livi. As it should've been against St Johnstone.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Forfa v Livi (Betfred cup) Empty Re: Forfa v Livi (Betfred cup)

Post by Liviforever Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:09 pm

Our new signing gives us some much needed cover if McMillan doesn';t make it, either Guthrie or Lamie could slot into LB. Think i'd prefer Lamie, that's where he gets goals, being back as a CB restricts him to set pieces.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:28 pm

I'm not altogether sure Stewart's a stick on for the number one jersey; he seems to have good game interspersed by some suspect ones.

He was significantly at fault for the Stranraer goal and likewise for St Johnstone, although Keaghan's backpass was woefully short (or impacted by the grass) he should have booted it into oblivion rather than teeing up Kennedy.

Not advocating a chop and change situation at the moment but feel we should give Sarkic a shot at the cup games at the very least.
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:21 am

A lot of injuries for this one it seems...only 4 fit defenders and 1 striker.

Reckon we'll go with:

...............................Stewart

Devlin..............Lithgow............Guthrie.......McMillan.

.......................Bartley...............Keags

...........Tiffs.............Pittman................Souda

......................................Dykes

Bench: Sarkic, Sibbald, Erskine, Henderson, Crawford (dont think we've anyone else!)
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:55 pm

Could be a tricky one this.If as we are led to believe a leghnthy injury list has hit us i can see this being a stern test for the Lions tommorrow.Yeh sure we are the big team but this has banana skin writen all over it potentially.They are in good form at the moment and being at home will fancy their chances of an upset here.Hopefully we will whilst giving them due respect we put in a proffessional performance that will put us in the hat for the next round.We are good enough to get a result here and realisticly i thoughrally expect us to so albeit a tough task.Any way good luck to Gary and the lads and make sure its a happy journey home. bounce
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:14 am

We should win but it won’t be easy.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:14 am

Can't disagree with you there Bertie, it should be easy, ffs they couldn't even beat our reserves in the irn bru cup last season, but so far in both Betfred and league games, we've been shite in the 2nd half, and made it a struggle getting over the line.

If we can turn up after the HT break we'll skoosh this by 3 or 4 goals, if we continue to collapse 2nd half we'll limp over the line with a 1 goal lead, or a pen shoot out win. Hope to feck it's the former and we've finally got ourselves playing the full 90 mins.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:19 pm

Sarkic, Devlin, Lithgow, Guthrie, Lamie, Bartley, Crawford, Souda, Lawless, Pittman & Dykes.

Subs - Stewart, McMillan, Savane, Tiffoney, Erskine, Robinson & Sibbald. #livilive

Happy with that, dunno is Keaghan is injured as isn't on the bench but he was needing a rest anyway, has looked off the pace the last couple of games making poor passes. Big chance for Crawford to secure his place in the team for the Ross County game now. Good to see Robinson on the bench, and Sevane also making it to the bench. Quite a strong squad for this game.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:48 pm

Dykes with his 2nd competitive goal, makes it 1-0 Livi.

Last goal was against Falkirk which ended with a pen shoot out, lets hope we can have a better 2nd half this time and get another goal or 2.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:11 pm

That's better, Pittman the hitman making it 2-0.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:22 pm

Should've known we wouldn't get a comfortable afternoon, 2-1 now.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:53 pm

2-1 FT, another game we should've been out of sight but ground out a result.

BUT we're through to the next round anyway and still unbeaten this season, mon the Lions. cheers
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:57 pm

All the other betfred games have gone to ET, incl Celtic v Pars, some team Livi to get the job done in normal time.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:47 pm

Anyone know if there are highlights of today's games being shown on tele.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:20 pm

Doubt any will be shown before the games tomorrow, Sevco have still to play.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:50 pm

Yeh but there's no Sportscene scheduled.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:08 pm

Just checked the schedule on bbc iplayer, it's on Scotland at 7.15pm.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:43 pm

I looked but I can't see it
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:12 am

McCallum had a great game in goal for Forfar & we missed a few other chances, so although we got 2 we are still not clinical enough. Both our goals were well taken, cracking header from Dykes & good passing & finish for the second. I didn’t see how Hilson got beyond our defence for their goal but were a decent side who play a good passing game.

Dykes missed a sitter in the second half which would have made it 3-0.

Robbo proved he needs to be playing but I also think we need Souda playing to give us an element of flair.

Bartley has a poor game.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:38 am

orco wrote:I looked but I can't see it

Yeah sorry Orco didn't check the date, that was last Sunday. Surely Sportscene has to be on somewhere though, they wouldn't dare not show Celtic and Sevco games.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:42 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:McCallum had a great game in goal for Forfar & we missed a few other chances, so although we got 2 we are still not clinical enough. Both our goals were well taken, cracking header from Dykes & good passing & finish for the second. I didn’t see how Hilson got beyond our defence for their goal but were a decent side who play a good passing game.

Dykes missed a sitter in the second half which would have made it 3-0.

Robbo proved he needs to be playing but I also think we need Souda playing to give us an element of flair.

Bartley has a poor game.

Yeah that 3rd killer goal is always missing, but we also seem to be giving teams a way back into the game with defensive mistakes, even at this level, against a League One team. Really 2 goals should be enough to win a game comfortably.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:26 am

Liviforever wrote:

Yeah sorry Orco didn't check the date, that was last Sunday. Surely Sportscene has to be on somewhere though, they wouldn't dare not show Celtic and Sevco games.

The official site has a link to the highlights on You Tube.
    An awful mistake from Lithgow giving them their goal. I like the big man but someone needs to tell him dribbling with opposition strikers is not one of his strengths.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:23 am

Couldnt make yesterdays game so can only go on what ive heard thus far.Suffice to say Gary Holt was none too complimentary on our performance and feels some players should look at themselves this morning and ask the question.Said on friday i thought this could be a tricky tie and seems i was right.Hearing their goalkeeper played a blinder which kinda sums up our day ,chances npt taken and him pulling of some impressive saves.End of the day we are into the quarter finals but isense a massive improvement will be required if we are to go any further in this competition.Nevertheless well done to the lads for getting us there albeit after a tough scrap at Station Park.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:31 am

orco wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:

The official site has a link to the highlights on You Tube.
    An awful mistake from Lithgow giving them their goal. I like the big man but someone needs to tell him dribbling with opposition strikers is not one of his strengths.

Not when you're the last man anyway, with absolutely no cover behind you if you lose possession, hopefully a lesson learnt for him, not ever to be repeated.

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:04 pm

It’s worth watching both sets of highlights for a fuller picture of the game. FAFCtv shows more of Forfar’s chances/attempts.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:49 pm