The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Livi v Aberdeen

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Aberdeen - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v Aberdeen

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:49 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:When I saw the ref the ball was rolling fine & he could bounce it, I’ve seen games played in far worse.

No reason why we should be getting pelters for it, we didn’t call it off & no doubt would rather it was played given our current form. People are just looking for an excuse to moan.

Yep, typical fans, overreacting without knowing the facts and just looking for any excuse to have a pop at our plastic pitch. Best just ignoring them, or winding them up further for being dicks. Laughing

Could have 6 feet of snow falling an hour before ko and they'd still be moaning and calling our pitch for everything, for not being able to cope with the weather. Rolling Eyes

On a side note, i take it our twitter feed has been disabled, to stop moaning gits from coming on it to complain. There isn't anything after the announcement of the game being off. lol!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:11 pm

orco wrote:There's always been a problem with drainage at Almondvale but I thought that the artificial pitch would have dealt with that.Apparently it's below the wte table whatever that means.
    Really disappointed with that. We had a good chance of doing well tonight. Nae doot Aberdeen will have strengthened their squad befor we play them again. Rolling Eyes

Edited to add -
    Just listened to the interviews with both managers and the ref on the BBC page. Sounds like it was Aberdeen who didn't want the match to go ahead.

Aye ref saying players came over to him during the warm ups, saying they were concerned with their safety on the pitch, McInnes saying it was players from both teams, Martindale saying it was just Aberdeen players, and our players were all wanting to play the game. So Aberdeen fans can go complain at their own players for wanting it off.

Looks like it'll be rearranged for the cup weekend now it's free with lower league shut down, so Sunday the 31st Jan and then away to Aberdeen again on the Wed.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:31 pm

Ref said players from both teams, McInnes said that ref told him players from both teams, Martindale said he wasn’t so sure that was the case but did admit he’d never seen so much water accumulate on the pitch before & admitted Marv had spoken to the ref but didn’t really say what Marv said.

McInnes felt the pitch was potentially dangerous.

They debated starting the game to see how it went but decided for player safety not to do so & everyone agreed that this was the right thing.

Troy

Post by Troy Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:40 am

Yeh Orco,that was the impression i got.Having said that.As i said earlier it would have been farsical to have played this with the continous rainfall that hit us ontop of the ice underneath. But yeh,Aberdeen didnt fancy this.You could see the dissapointment on Davies face.😥.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:48 pm

Liviforever wrote:

Looks like it'll be rearranged for the cup weekend now it's free with lower league shut down, so Sunday the 31st Jan and then away to Aberdeen again on the Wed.

Official now, it's Sat 30th 3pm ko for this game, and our Wed midweek game against them has been moved forward to Tues 6pm ko. So both are earlier ko's this time, if they'd moved the game last night to a 6pm ko we could prob have gotten it played.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:32 pm

Third time lucky getting this played then, weather has thawed out the snow and it looks a goer.

Would be delighted if we could take 4 points from our double header against them, really fancy our chances of finally beating them on Sat too. Although if there is one team that will stop us getting to 13IAR, it's the sheep, had to be them for the unlucky 13 too. I sense a post of forlorn hope coming from Bertie. lol!

Would think we'll start with Robbo here, with him being rested for most of last night's game, and Sibbs back in the starting line up too, so get at them from the start all guns blazing and get an early goal, then hopefully push on and get a 2 goal cushion to see the game out comfortably. It's Livi though and we don't usually do comfortable wins.

Mon the Lions, lets do this and make it 13IAR. cheers
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:24 pm

Like you L/F i feel 4 points from these 2 games would be a decent return for us.It does seem though that Aberdeens form at the moment has taken a dip recently leading me to believe that this is probably our best chance in years to get positive results against them,especially at the Vale.Although having said all that,our away results show that it would not be imposssible if not probable to take maximum points here.Dare we doubt these boys,hell no.Ive tried but failed miserably on many occasions, and id not be surprised if they were to defy the odds again. Any way hopefully our strongest lineup on Saturday, and we get tore right into them.Good luck Davie and the lads 🦁.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:35 pm

13 is my favourite number
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:07 pm

Hopefully the Killie game got the cup semi final win out of our system, although we didn't play badly against Killie, it was bound to have still been on the players minds, and the hangover of euphoria affecting our play. We've a double header against the sheep now and should be fully focused on these games. Was interesting watching the Youtube interview by ex Capt and League cup winner Stuart Lovell, talking to our present Capt big Marv, and him discussing his emotions around the time he got to the final, and it was always on their minds. They also had the dreadful experience of admin, and some of their team mates being punted by the administrator, dear knows how they managed to hold it all together and win a cup.

Anyway, getting back to this game, the confidence and belief the players have should make a huge difference this time, for us to finally get that Aberdeen gremlin off our backs. I know i'm bursting for every game just now, can only imagine the players will be too. bounce bounce
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:43 pm

Livi v Aberdeen - Page 2 David_10

Next mission is gubbing Aberdeen and getting to 13.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:54 pm

Pretty cagey first half there.Chances for both.Forgot how tall Aberdeen were.Got to take any chances we get.Feeling uneasy,but hopefull. 👍 🦁
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:54 pm

Pretty cagey first half there.Chances for both.Forgot how tall Aberdeen were.Got to take any chances we get.Feeling uneasy,but hopefull. 👍 🦁
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:18 pm

Enjoying it as a game between two well matched teams

Hope we score first though
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:51 pm

Based on the game 0-0 was about right.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:23 pm

Yeh,agree Bertie.Wasnt a classic but a point apeice was just about right.Tough game for the Lions. But on a positive note we are now 16 Points clear of County in 11th with a game in hand👍.As for today,felt Robbo was isolated to many times on his own.So many balls played to him were dealt with by the big Dons defenders at the back.Still its 13 now and we move on to Pittodrie midweek. Oh and thanks to Cairon, super display by him today,would love to see him back one day. We move on.🦁 👍
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:53 pm

Just to edit.The fact that Josh,Forrest and Jaze didnt get on makes me think,master tachtioner that he is.Is Sir Davie saving them for midweek maybe.Different game away,but the options are there. 👍 🦁
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:23 pm

And i might add before i retire to my duvet.Got to remember.With the resources Aberdeen now have at their disposal.With 2 or 3million from sales of Cosgrove etc. And the fact their acoumalitive budget we can only dream of.Il take what weve got.Money doesnt always talk.Just saying.🤔👍🦁
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:31 pm

First half was pretty entertaining, cracking goal by Serrano, but replay showed it being offside. Pitts should've scored, pity we don't have goal line tech, as i think it was over the line.
    Aberdeen had some good chances too, Stryjek was rooted to the spot when the header came off the bar, and the ball through to their player inside the box was a great chance for them, but the guy lost his balance, so fair result.

Thought we may have nicked it bringing on Forrest and Kabia the last 15 mins, but looks like DM played it safe and settled for the draw, perhaps keeping them in reserve for Tues. JET made a difference, as Robbo wasn't getting any joy with long balls in behind their defenders, they were handling them really well, but when JET came on he held them off and was able to link up with Robbo, then Lawson.

However a good point against a team that has the physicality to nullify Robbo, and are equal to our midfielders too. DM has held back Forrest and Mullin in reserve, so perhaps he's taking the point and looking to take all 3 in the midweek game, i don't think Aberdeen have players to take over from the ones that played today, that was their best available, so if it works and we get a win on Tues it'll be another masterstroke by DM.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:34 pm

You may have something there Troy.

I thought we played well enough today but I agree with your assessment that Robbo was isolated in the land of the Giants. Pitts did well to get on the end of Serrano’s cross & I thought he’d scored but based on what I’ve seen so far Lewis pulled off a very good save. I think all in all we maybe showed them too much respect by changing our approach to counter them rather than establish our usual way of playing...but maybe DM had observed or has decided that our usual way of playing suits them as evidenced by the fact we haven’t beaten them since our return.

Still, 13 unbeaten & we go again in midweek.

Other results didn’t really go our way with Hibs winning (expected that) & St Mirren winning (didn’t expect that). St Johnstone winning (would have preferred a draw & thought it would be).

Big day on Tuesday... if we can finally beat the Dons & St Mirren beat Hibs it really will be game on for 3rd or 4th & a 4-way battle if Saints win their games in hand.

Last edited by Bertie Bassett on Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:48 pm

Bertie and L/F are way ahead of my numerical statistics for me.Forgive me,i tend to look at the Joe blogs state of affairs.Simples,16 Points clear of 11th. = safe for the moment.Get mathematicly safe then lets unleash our drive for Europe. Can we do it?Regardless what a ride were on.13 going on 14.Whod have thought. 👍 🦁
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:25 pm

Disappointed with BBC highlights where the footage was no better than our live stream. Also no analysis of Pittman’s shot that was so nearly a goal. Kudos to Stephen O’Donnell though for his comments - effectively said we are a far better team than our reputation, capable of playing very good football. It’s not the common perception but is absolutely correct.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:51 pm

Aye they just glossed over our participation in the game and focussed more on Aberdeen, and their need for a striker, now Cosgrove has left. Guess they've given us our 5 mins of fame with Martindale becoming a F&PP, and they're bored with us now.

Someone stuck up this still and it looks over the line, still can't say for sure if it is fully over, but put it this way, if it was given i'd be confident enough for it standing up to scrutiny on sportscene as being in.

Livi v Aberdeen - Page 2 12192010
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:16 pm

That’s not in, the curve of the ball is on the line. The centre of the ball has crossed the line but the curve hasn’t.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:02 pm

Here's another one from behind the goals.

Livi v Aberdeen - Page 2 Aberde10
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:02 am

Same assessment from me, in fact if you take a ruler to the edge of the ball & drew a line down I’m sure it would be right onto the goal line. Mostly in isn’t a goal, has to be all in.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:16 pm