The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Livi v Aberdeen

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Aberdeen - Page 3 Empty Re: Livi v Aberdeen

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:37 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Same assessment from me, in fact if you take a ruler to the edge of the ball & drew a line down I’m sure it would be right onto the goal line. Mostly in isn’t a goal, has to be all in.

I'll take your word for it. lol!

Do you think that's what they do for offside decisions with VAR, and that's why they take so long, searching about trying to think where they put the ruler.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Aberdeen - Page 3 Empty Re: Livi v Aberdeen

Post by Auld Nick Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:10 am

Liviforever wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:Same assessment from me, in fact if you take a ruler to the edge of the ball & drew a line down I’m sure it would be right onto the goal line. Mostly in isn’t a goal, has to be all in.

I'll take your word for it. lol!

Do you think that's what they do for offside decisions with VAR, and that's why they take so long, searching about trying to think where they put the ruler.

I think they make VAR up as they go along... did you see the Dortmund v Seville farce?

Halaand got nudged in the box, nothing given. Play continued for about a minute or so, going back & forth; Dortmund get the ball in the net thru Halaand and VAR has a look - first to determine if Halaand had fouled the defender in scoring. They didn’t say what the decision was for that but went back to the nudge from earlier, disallowed the goal & awarded a penalty. Halaand takes, keeper saves, Halaand hits rebound, keeper saves, someone else shoots, defender blocks, play rages to the other end and goes out for a Dortmund throw. Ref gets word from VAR, keeper was off his line so orders the pen to be retaken. Halaand scores retake. I suppose you could say all’s well that ends well but good grief, what happened to advantage? When the goal was scored from open play that surely should have been it.

The only thing I can think of is that Halaand did foul the lad when scoring (didn’t look like it to me) and so they then checked the possible pen from earlier... but why didn’t they check the possible pen at the time? So still farcical.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:19 pm