The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Auld Nick
forzalfc
Livi2020
7 posters

Winter Signing

Livi2020

Winter Signing Empty Winter Signing

Post by Livi2020 Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:36 pm

So we got Gavin Reilly from English League 2 then. Striker with 9 goals in his last 80 games?? Why??

Hope I am proved wrong BUT do we really need him? I know our Strikers are not really scoring or setting the league alight but they are creating goals and putting in shifts which are getting us results.

Thoughts?
    forzalfc

Winter Signing Empty Re: Winter Signing

Post by forzalfc Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:17 pm

He was brilliant for QOS & St Mirren - Fingers crossed for this one, proven striker in the Scottish Championship but just hasn't cut it down south.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:23 pm

Apparently DM has been wanting to sign him for a while, which suggests he fits the profile of player type that we normally target. Dykes wasn’t a prolific scorer when we signed him (still isn’t now TBH but he is a handful who puts in a shift) so if Reilly turns out to be on a par with him I won’t complain.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:01 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Apparently DM has been wanting to sign him for a while, which suggests he fits the profile of player type that we normally target. Dykes wasn’t a prolific scorer when we signed him (still isn’t now TBH but he is a handful who puts in a shift) so if Reilly turns out to be on a par with him I won’t complain.

Was just coming on to say this, from what St Mirren fans are saying he's exactly the type of player we like at Livi, full of running and a right nuisance to defenders. Had a purple patch with St Mirren in their Championship winning season, scoring 20 odd goals, but hasn't done it at a higher level, YET.

I'm happy we've signed him, fits the profile for us, as has been mentioned in this thread, we've plenty goal scorers throughout the team, think we have 17 different ones this season, so him scoring a few goals would be an added bonus, his energy and nuisance value is exctly what we need.

We're also going to be playing twice a week for the next couple of months, starting after the County game, and Tiffs & Poplatnik seem to be injured, Robbo can't do it all himself, we'll need to rotate players to keep peak fitness in games, and JET isn't able to press defenders like we need him to, he's more suited to coming on as a sub when the work has been done.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:05 pm

I trust Davies juudgement on this one.He was a decent striker last time up here as i recall.Weve a habit of sometimes taking players whove maybe lost that wee spark and installing the beliefe back into them.Think Gavin falls into that category. Hel be a good addition to our squad and thus i welcome him to the club.Hes a Lion now 👍 🦁
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:21 pm

First Gavin,now Jaze Kabiay. A young striker from Shelbourne in Ireland.Seems one for the future at 20 years old.And Jack coming back from East Fife.We really do have an abundance of strikers at the moment,not that im complaining but will be interesting to see who if anyone is moving to pastures new.Anyway,welcome to the Pride Jaze.👍🦁
    livikev
    livikev

Post by livikev Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:29 am

Has Salim Kouider-Aïssa kicked a ball - every update apart from when games are postponed he appears to be injured.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:05 am

He played a bit early on then was loaned out to Partick- not paid much attention since he was loaned
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:46 pm

From what i've read about our loan players, Sal has been injured and not played for Partick in ages, Raffa is getting sub appearances for Edin City, Lars is doing ok at Raith, Hammy was scoring for fun at East Fife and is now back with us, and continuing his goal scoring form, Crawford has had a few games here and there at Motherwell but would be as well back at Livi, Schwake is getting good experience in goal at Linlithgow and doing well for them, and Stewart is warming the bench at Hearts.

Sadly it looks like Raffa isn't the player he was before his ACL injury, and i doubt he'll play for us again.

Lars still looks promising, but that's lower league football suspended for 3 weeks so wont be playing, hopefully he'll be back playing at Raith after the suspension and finish the season for them. Then perhaps see him playing back at Livi next season.

Sal will need to get a lot more game time before he's got a chance at Livi's first team, perhaps East Fife would be a better loan, they were perfect for Hammy.

Crawford is still a decent squad player for us but with Marv and Holt doing so well he isn't going to get a game unless we suffer a few injuries/covid isolations, he's in the same boat as ATS with a few players ahead of him even after the first choice ones.

Stewart is finished at Livi, can't see him playing for us again.

Schwake is one for the future, 2 or 3 seasons away.

All in all Hamilton is the one getting the chance to play for the first team, hopefully he scores some more goals and grabs his chance and stays at Livi for the 2nd half of the season.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:31 pm

Liviforever wrote:From what i've read about our loan players, Sal has been injured and not played for Partick in ages, Raffa is getting sub appearances for Edin City, Lars is doing ok at Raith, Hammy was scoring for fun at East Fife and is now back with us, and continuing his goal scoring form, Crawford has had a few games here and there at Motherwell but would be as well back at Livi, Schwake is getting good experience in goal at Linlithgow and doing well for them, and Stewart is warming the bench at Hearts.

Sadly it looks like Raffa isn't the player he was before his ACL injury, and i doubt he'll play for us again.

Lars still looks promising, but that's lower league football suspended for 3 weeks so wont be playing, hopefully he'll be back playing at Raith after the suspension and finish the season for them. Then perhaps see him playing back at Livi next season.

Sal will need to get a lot more game time before he's got a chance at Livi's first team, perhaps East Fife would be a better loan, they were perfect for Hammy.

Crawford is still a decent squad player for us but with Marv and Holt doing so well he isn't going to get a game unless we suffer a few injuries/covid isolations, he's in the same boat as ATS with a few players ahead of him even after the first choice ones.

All in all Hamilton is the one getting the chance to play for the first team, hopefully he scores some more goals and grabs his chance  and stays at Livi for the 2nd half of the season.

Raith are in the Championship this season Liviforever.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:30 pm

orco wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:From what i've read about our loan players, Sal has been injured and not played for Partick in ages, Raffa is getting sub appearances for Edin City, Lars is doing ok at Raith, Hammy was scoring for fun at East Fife and is now back with us, and continuing his goal scoring form, Crawford has had a few games here and there at Motherwell but would be as well back at Livi, Schwake is getting good experience in goal at Linlithgow and doing well for them, and Stewart is warming the bench at Hearts.

All in all Hamilton is the one getting the chance to play for the first team, hopefully he scores some more goals and grabs his chance  and stays at Livi for the 2nd half of the season.

Raith are in the Championship this season Liviforever.

Feck so they are, they were up there with Dunfermline earlier, just got used to them being in League One. Laughing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:59 pm