The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Livi v County

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v County Empty Livi v County

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:43 pm

Hopefully the pitch will be fine for this game.

County having their new manager bounce under Hughes, winning against Hibs and drawing with St Johnstone their last 2 games. I'm still feeling confident we can keep our winning run going though and make it 8 on the spin.

Particularly looking forward to seeing how County handle our pressing game when they try to bring the ball out of defence, Hughes style, Donaldson will have nightmares of Robbo on Saturday night.
    They can pass it about well though, so doubt it'll be an easy game, we just need to keep doing what we've been doing and we'll win this. Mullin and Robbo have been terrific in recent games, and big Guthrie is always a threat from Mullin's set pieces, 3-1 Livi.

Mon the Lions, lets do this. cheers
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v County Empty Re: Livi v County

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:16 pm

By feck it was icy today, same is forecast for tomorrow, good job we didn't have a midweek fixture, still should be ok for Sat though.
    Think it was a blocked drain that caused us problems last game, and the water didn't drain from the pitch, which then froze. Players have been training on it this week so think its been fine.

Wonder if Reilly will be in the squad on Sat, sounds like he'll be a like for like sub for Robbo, only maybe more prolific at scoring. So would keep up the press and high tempo on County's defence. Maybe even see JET and Reilly come on and work off one another, JET is quite nimble on the ball and would feed in Reilly running through on goal, he's meant to be really quick.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:57 pm

The match has been moved back 24 hours to Sunday at 3pm.

This'll give us a good chance of getting it on, as i said previously, the forecast is better from Saturda onwards, this'll give us 2 days with higher temps.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:30 pm

Sensible to try that, especially as no fans are travelling & it’s plenty of notice for Ross.
    No guarantees I suppose, it’s not as if weather forecasts are always accurate, but this at least increases the chances of the game being on.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:39 pm

Tony Andreu signed for County, not the player he was with us and Accies, didn't trouble us much at St Mirren. So bound to score against us on Sunday then. Laughing
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:50 am

If this so called thaw is gonna come it better be quick.Honestly cant see this being on unfortunatly.
    Still absolutely baltic out there.We live in hope though.Mon the Lions.🦁 👍 ❄.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:10 pm

Alloa and East Fife games are on with their artificial pitches, Alloa are experienced pros at getting games on though, been doing it for years. I remember us playing them and it being the only game on in Scotland one xmas, even all the SPL games were off.

No idea how our pitch is looking either, read we were training at an indoor facility this week, and the pitch was partially cleared but not ideal for training. Tonight's forecast is 0 degrees overnight and rising to 5 degrees through the day, so sounds promising.

Just seen Airdrie have also moved their game back to Sunday, after we'd moved ours, to give their artificial pitch a chance to thaw out.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:02 pm

Heard that the pitch was clear but hard from someone down there.Temps got to rise significantly overnight to give it a chance.Especially that problem area.Fingers crossed.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:07 pm

Alloa have previously had games postponed when others have played... so maybe they learned from the experience
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:54 pm

Utd game postponed with frozen pitch, wonder if they got all comers moaning at them about having USH and not being able to get the game on. They're having money troubles and cutting players wages back right enough, so maybe didn't turn it on.

If we can get this game played and win the 3 points it'll open a 4 pts gap on them, and still have a game in hand over them.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:03 pm

Yeh in the grand scheme of things, not a bad day for us.Killie keeping Accies down there and Saints and Well drawing. Agree hopefully get our game on will solidify our place.Fingers crossed.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:16 pm

Temps in Livingston rising. Hopefully tommorrow will get this game on.Home win essential. 👍 🦁
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:11 pm

Some overnight rain and rising temps, excellent decision to put this game back to today, game will be on.

Troy likes this post

italion

Post by italion Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:01 pm

Anybody else not getting a picture
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:13 pm

Mines is fine.Great finish from Robbo 👏
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:59 pm

Pretty even first half i thought.We seem to be getting bullied of the ball a lot,not surprising from one of Yogis teams.Need to step on the gas again 2nd half and sneak this.Cmon Livi.🦁.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:04 pm

Picture has been fine. We started well but they came into it & agree with Troy that it has been a fairly even first half...but our defending for the equaliser was poor.

Not confident for the second half though.

County have surprised me as they are not playing the way I thought they would under Hughes, if they did play that way we’d beat them but they are out-Livi-ing us at the moment.

And Josh Mullin has not had a good game so far.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:40 pm

Terrific goal and lead up for Forrest.Hopefully we can see this out 🦁
    livikev
    livikev

Post by livikev Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:54 pm

Great result - roll on the Sheep
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:55 pm

Brilliant footwork by JET on halfway; not sure if Forrest’s shot would have gone in but the County defender made sure; good play in build up to 3rd and a predatory finish from Hammy

Terrific 3 points because for a long time I was expecting County to score a second. DM deserves kudos for the substitutions as the 3 subs played huge roles in 2nd & 3rd goals.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:04 pm

Comfortable but hard fought win for the Lions and deserving of the 3 points over the 90mins.As i said earlier, the lead up to the second goal was sublime and young Forrest took his chance really well.Good to see Jack back among the goals.Will have done his confidence the world of good.And wee Robbo with a cracker after Devlins magnificent through ball.8 in a row and the sheep on the horizon. Will get interesting now,but these points in the bag so vital at this stage.So well done Livi and lets see what happens. 👍 🦁.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:19 pm

8 wins on the trot, the Livi European train is rolling on.

First half we were winning everything in midfield pressing them well, picking up all the loose balls, and a sublime finish by Robbo again, from another ball played over the top.

They got a bit lucky with their goal, came off us twice falling perfect for them, but another really good finish to equalise. Then i thought we dropped off a good bit and County came into it more, and prob should've scored again with the free header from 6 yards out.
    We could've got a 2nd too though when we cut them open and fizzed the ball across their 6 yard box, but it got cleared, so 1-1 was prob about right at HT.

2nd half we again started well and almost got our 2nd in the 8th min/ 53rd min, after that it kinda petered out and looked like both teams were going home with a point apiece. Martindale made inspired substitutions though and all 3 were involved getting us our 2nd and 3rd goal, JET with some nifty footwork and back heeler to start off our attack, and Forrest firing in a goalward bound shot that deflected in, so Forrest deserved the goal.

Forrest again doing the damage and Hamilton finishing it off, nice work holding off his man and having to drag his shot back to score. It'll do his confidence the world of good getting a top flight goal, after having a great loan to EF, he's on some form just now. BTW that's Forrest with his first assist, that's exactly what we've been needing from his game to take him up another level, excellent.

Wee Robbo has turned into a goal machine up front too, it's all coming together nicely for us going into the 2nd half of the season.

Thought Mullin was off his game today, but fantastic having Forrest to come on for him and have such influence in us winning the game, really strong squad we have, Hibs should be worried, and at this rate Aberdeen too, esp if we beat them on Wed.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:49 pm

I wasn’t as confident as you that we were getting a point at 1-1; we looked like we had regressed to capitulating after leading but the subs changed the game in our favour. I hope the second is Forrest’s goal but I never saw an angle to see if it was going in & if it wasn’t on target then it will be an og - do you get assists on og’s?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:55 pm

Pretty confident it was going in from seeing it at the time and the replays, should be his goal. Even Michael loves taking goals off players Stewart didn't mention it being an og on Sportscene.

Wondering how Celtic's positive covid test on one of their players after returning from Dubai will affect them for our double header, could see more returning positive tests by next week and it could get interesting.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:08 am

Yeah, I though his shot would be on target when he got the pass but I completely lost sight of the ball when Iacovetti touched it & it took a few seconds to register with me that it was in... I then found the streaming replays inconclusive but the Sportscene footage shows the initial shot is clearly on target.

What I don’t get with the COVID results is that during Cup matches teams are forced to put out “weakened” sides or forfeit the game but in the league they are allowed postponement (at least until the appeals are decided but with Italians being forced to play games I’m sure that will come). It should be the same rules across the board.

The obvious solution is for clubs to fulfil their fixtures with whatever players they have available, like Derby had to do on Saturday.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:39 pm