The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Celtic v Livi (Sat) Livi v Celtic (Wed)

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Celtic v Livi (Sat) Livi v Celtic (Wed) - Page 2 Empty Re: Celtic v Livi (Sat) Livi v Celtic (Wed)

Post by Liviforever Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:12 am

Durnford wrote:Managed to watch the full game live thanks to my son luckily borrowing a Celtic season ticket holders log on details (the entire family are season ticket holders so had several to spare).

In general I thought we started well and pressured without having much of a shot on target.

Celtic really should have gone down to ten men following a studs up reckless tackle on Sibbald who was fortunate not to be seriously injured.

Lawson had a pretty poor game by his standards; a number of unforced errors (passes too short etc.) and seems sluggish in the first half but picked up a bit for the second but it still led me to wonder how he was picked ahead of Forrest.

Also wondered about the wisdom of taking Robinson off for Hamilton; playing two up front at that stage of the game would have been by far the better prospect in my opinion and Robinson still looked like he had some gas left in the tank.

Comes to something when I'm moaning about only getting a point from Celtic at their home but there you go.

Saw the challenge and the pic of it, def should've been a red card, but Duffy only got a yellow.

Between Duffy following through onto our players with his tackles and flying arms, and County kicking lumps out of us, we're lucky not to have a few injured players. Hughes with his 'thull ken thuv bin in aw gem wi us' patter, aye because you have them kicking everything that moves, relegation mentality tactics, i remember St Johnstone and Motherwell being the same years ago when we were last in the top flight, bunch of dirty barstewards.

Notice a lot of managers have this mistaken perception of us being a big physical team, so have their players psyched up to match us by being overly physical/dirty. We aren't a dirty team, we press and harry players ruthlessly, forcing them into making mistakes and panicking them, wouldn't have us down as being any more physical than any other team. And most of our players that do the pressing are wee guys, Robbo, Pittman, Sibbald, Poplatnik, Tiffoney etc, Marv is about our only big midfielder and he gets more fouls against him than anyone in the league.

Think Martindale is trying to manage Robbo's game time to get as much out of him as we can, we've a lot of midweek games coming up and he'll need to rotate players and use them sparingly when he's got the opportunity to do so, doubt Robbo will get the full 90 in games, esp the way he runs about the pitch giving it his all.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Celtic v Livi (Sat) Livi v Celtic (Wed) - Page 2 Empty Re: Celtic v Livi (Sat) Livi v Celtic (Wed)

Post by Liviforever Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:59 pm

A positive covid test from one of their players in isolation, so think that will mean none of them will be coming back for this game then.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:56 pm

In theory that sounds right... bet they do though
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:25 pm

So second part of the double header.Hopefully the weather holds out to after this.Forecast doesnt look too promising. Anyway in the hope it goes ahead,will be interesting to see both lineups. With one eye on Sunday wouldnt surprise me if Davie changes things around a bit for this.Personally i think we missed a great opportunitie to get one over them on Saturday. Hopefully the team that starts will get in about them and press hard and fast so as not to allow them to settle.For me weve nothing to lose except our unbeaten run but im sure the players will have other ideas and will want to keep it going for as long as possible. Tough night ahead i reckon weather permitting but as always wish them the best of luck.Oh and i was surprised at Jackos return as well.Davie must know what hes doing.Was a decent player and played a part in our succsess last time. I wish him and the Lions the very best of luck. 👍 🦁
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:59 pm

Snowing again in Livingston, and it's about an inch or two deep so far, fecking canny get a break from the weather this last wee while.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:20 pm

This was my main concern L/F.Forecast was for us to get a few inches.Guess the guys are gonna be busy in the morning.Bloody winter.😥👎❄🌨
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:16 pm

Nice goal from Brown to put us ahead but then the near side linesman decided to give them a chance... need to see it again but the corner for the first may have gone out off Duffy & the second was offside.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:39 pm

Great equaliser, brilliant play by Brown to win the ball when Christie was favourite to get it then the exchange of passes & excellent cross with a composed finish from JET.

Should have had a pen when Klimala elbowed Kabia at the corner & a red for Klimala too.

Surprised the game wasn’t halted to clean the lines & we should have orange balls in this weather.

Excellent point from a much changed side... nice to see the guys who are usually on the bench getting a game & a result. LF must be delighted seeing the proof of his claim that we have a strong squad.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:20 am

Yep magnificent from the team to come in and do a job against the green erse cheek, some hadn't played a game this season for the first team too, bit shaky at times defensively but superb last ditch clearances kept us from conceding in open play, and as you said Bertie, their 2nd was offside.

Jet playing as a winger left the door open down our right flank, he just can't press or tackle, and it was too easy getting past him to get balls into our box. Martindale switched him over the other side and it wasn't as bad though, but the way we play, everyone getting stuck in and tracking back as well as pressing, he sticks out like a sore thumb. Good with the ball in attack, terrible without it, good goal to get the draw though.

Kabia and Reilly did well coming on as subs, we looked a lot better with them helping our closing players down. Good decision for Brown's red card, but i'd rather have had the officials doing their jobs seeing the offside goal and our penalty at the set piece, may even have been a 2nd red card for it.

Great to get 2 draws in the back to back games, would def have bitten their hand off if we'd been offered that before the games, feel we should've had at least one win from them though, what a fantastic season this is turning out to be, after a big wobble a couple of months ago. Unreal to be able to rest 7 players for our semi final, and Lennon moaned having 4* out in our last game.

*Yeah i know he said 13 but that was bullshit, 9 of them weren't going to get into their starting XI.
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:45 am

Has to be the worse conditions ive seen at the Vale for years but shouldnt detract from the magnificent effort from the lads last night. Thoughrally deserved their point and were unlucky not to take three,mostly down to poor officiating again.Agree with all of the above and yeh,was impressed with the new boys coming on and looking good. Obviously with one eye on Sunday i thought the lads equipped themselves very well against a strong Celtic team.Least said about Broony the better, utter arse who let his team down again Anyways, 10 in a row and cant wait till Sunday. Can we do it?hell yeh.Its there for the takin. Superb Livi.🦁 👍👏
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:29 pm

Broon does that sort of thing every game, and usually gets away with it, pretendy hard man picking on the youngest Livi player on the pitch too. It's funny because when he was waiting to come on, i said to my wife that Broon was an arse that goes about kicking players and should get red cards, 5 mins later he's sent off. lol!

Hasn't changed one bit from his younger days playing at Hibs, where he kicked Fernandez all over the pitch in the cup final, and should've had a red card then too.

Just glad we got the game on and out of the way, and don't have to play another rearranged game, got a double header against Aberdeen too, hopefully we can get a couple of good results there as well.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:55 pm

There is a wee cup tie between the Dons games
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:55 pm

Anybody noticed the brief match report introduction on the OCS?... hilarious Very Happy

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/livingston-2-2-celtic-2/
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:25 pm

Aye guid craic, that 10IAR tweet got over 3 million views too.

Celtic v Livi (Sat) Livi v Celtic (Wed) - Page 2 1011

lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:04 pm