The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Livi v St Midden

Troy

Livi v St Midden Empty Livi v St Midden

Post by Troy Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:41 pm

Ok LIVIFOREVER. Here goes.Im sure Jim Goodwin would have been taking notes at the Stadium last night.All to no avail im afraid.He will know Saints will face our strongest lineup on Sunday and will have a plan to stop us.Whats really gonna be promising for me is our bench..The new boys were magnificent last night as were the other so called fringe players.We really are firing on all cylinders at the moment.Seriously though,wel never have a better chance of doing something so special and i sincerely believe we will prevail. Wont be easy,but top of our game its there for the takin. So Cmon Livi Lets do this.🦁 🏆💛🍻
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v St Midden Empty Re: Livi v St Midden

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:47 pm

I’m worried, we will go in to this as favourites on form but we owe them a beating.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:28 am

Wonder if anyone from the midweek Celtic game has played their way into the starting line up for this game.

Marv, Mullin, Sibbs, Devlin and Robbo will prob be back starting, would think Guthrie and Pittman are def starters, surely Stryjek has to start too. Has Fitzwater made a case or will he stick with Ambrose, heard Brown is suspended so Serrano will prob start again, so that leaves one more place. Holt if he isn't injured, or sticking with Lawson, or will he be adventurous and play Forrest in the attacking mid three with Pitts and Mullin.

As Troy said our bench looks really strong, Reilly and kabia add another 2 good options for us to bring on 2nd half, as well as big JET and Hamilton, don't think we could be in any better shape going into this match.

Would be spooky if Hammy got on the scoresheet, it was against St Mirren he scored his first goal, in his Premiership first team debut.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:23 am

Just hope in not getting ahead of myself here,but I genuinely feel with the momentum weve got at the moment weve nothing to fear.My only worry is that the players freeze on the occasion. Highly unlikely mind you. They know whats at stake here and for some they wont get another chance of getting to a national final.At the top of their game i believe we are better equiped than them. The players have to believe the same.Ive a cautious feeling they will prevail. Mon the Lions DO IT. 👍 🦁 🏆.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:47 pm

Going to be heavy going playing in a grass pitch that has had the other semi final played on it the day before too. Can see it being cut up and muddy. Great decision by DM to rest our players on Wed.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:38 pm

Heard that the players have been training at the Oriam indoor facility at Heriot Watt last couple of days.Exellent facilty that theve used many times before.Will keep them sharp for tommorrow 👍 🦁.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:55 pm

St Johnstone spoiling the planned 2004 reunion - whipping Hubs 3-0 with half an hour to go

Hopefully we do our bit tomorrow to prevent the All-Saints final
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:49 pm

Thats my worry Bertie.The so called favourits are out.And by most accounts St Johnston thoughrally deserved their place in the final.Weve got to get there.Its up to the lads to get us there.Its Livi,what an opportunitie weve got.Can we do it?.Im nervous,but im putting my beliefe in these boys to get us there.Cmon Livi,for the second time,Lets do this.🦁 🏆
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:38 am

I'm a wee bit worried that Stryjek might be injured. He wasn't even on the bench on Wednesday. Neither were Marv and Ambrose I know but you don't rest goalkeepers do you? McCrory made a couple of decent saves on Wednesday but overall he doesn't really inspire me with confidence.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:25 am

Really hope Max is ok.Like you in a game of this magnitude i wouldnt be 100% if Mcrorie was between the sticks. Yeh,he was fairly decent on Wednesday night but hopefully Stryjek will be back,we need him in our hour of need.Cmon the Lions.🦁.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:53 pm

On our way, we’re on our way, Super Livi we’re on our way
    This COVID nightmare, I don’t care, we cannae get there, I don’t care
    All I know is Livi is on our way!!

Well done Robbo on your well taken goal, well done everyone for seeing the game out. A couple of heart in the mouth moments but mostly it was comfortable.

Let’s bring the cup home next month!

Troy

Post by Troy Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:00 pm

God that was tough on eye,but we got there in the end.Had me on the edge of my seat towards the end but credit to the lads for holding on.Felt we actually controlled the game and the early goal certainly helped us.Was hoping for a clean sheet pre match and got one.In fact Stryjek had virtually nothing to do in the game except near the end.Anyway congratulations to Davie and the lads for a job well done.Cant wait for the final.🦁👍🏆
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:03 pm

Yabba dabba doolowamber we support the boys in yellow/amber and it's easy, easy...............

It's coming home the league cup's coming home. cheers

Great start and deserved goal, then we just game managed the rest of the game, wished we'd driven home our superior play and got a 2nd but something quite satisfying about beating them 1-0 and doing to them what they did to us twice this season, but in a more important game.

GIRUY McCoist tipping them to win, and those awful commentary pair, esp the Irish fella that kept on banging on about St Mirren this, St Mirren that, and what they needed to do to get a goal all game, was worse than listening to the St Mirren ppv guys.

Wee Robbo is on fire, keeps this up and he'll beat Dykes goal tally last season, superb from him again. Unbelievable time supporting the Lions, we just keep getting better and better, totally believe we're winning this cup and will be in the top 5 and playing in Europe next season too.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:09 pm

Take it your happy L/F😂😂😂.Yeh listening to that commentary team was nuaseating at best.Unfortunatly wel probably have them for the final as well.😥👎
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:47 pm

Aye Troy, buzzing.

The surrealness of Livi just keeps on going, next up top 4 and the Scottish cup final. cheers Laughing
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:02 pm

The good feel factor down there at the moment must be amazing.Just wish we were down there with them to join in.We cant be unfortunatly but the players will know we are right behind them on this incredible run.The spirit of Livi is within us all.🦁👏
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:10 pm

Stephen Craigan was quite fair to us in analysis & commentary during our promotion run but he did my nut in today. TBF Saints were behind so he didn’t have much to say about what we needed to do but it was some of his comments. Thought the ref was useless as well & was amazed he booked Obika as I was convince he’d fall for the con.

I’m not convinced that the Devlin incident was a pen either, Saints lad went down in instalments which tells me the contact had no effect on what he was going to do, therefore it didn’t impede him & thus wasn’t a foul. Both swung their legs & any contact was accidental, besides that the Saints player played the ball away from goal & wouldn’t have got the ball after playing it regardless. Also showed how much of a play-act it was with him going down screaming, looking at the ref & then getting straight back up in perfect health when he got nothing. So although the ref was useless he deserves kudos for not giving them either claim.

Didn’t hear the pre-amble before the game but if McCoist tipped Saints then credit to him for saying at the end that Livi deserved it.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:41 pm

Wasn't our best performance but i was at Easter rd for our semi final against Dundee too and that was even worse to watch, apart from us getting a goal from a penalty right at the end.

It will have no bearing on the final, the fact we have hardened up and can grind out a 1-0 win from 10 mins in is pretty pleasing too. We were a soft touch for a good part of the season, and now we're back to being a nightmare to play against, and can defend balls into our box again.

The last time we got to the final we also had a semi final Scottish cup game, losing to Celtic, i don't see any reason that we couldn't do it again, and this time get to the final in that cup too. We're on some run just now, lets keep it going.

Now bring on the Killie and Aberdeen till we catch up to 4th place. bounce .
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:58 am

Yeah that was a nightmare game with a dream ending, when Lilley lashed the leather into the net from 12 yards the previous 89 minutes were forgotten.

That semi against Celtic wasn’t too bad a performance but the score line suggested it was a walk in the park for them. They gulf between them & us was bigger then than this season though.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:50 pm

They also stopped Fernandez playing for us against his parent club, that was a huge loss to us.

Yeah Celtic aren't the team they were back then, and we're a different team too, i would say we're more organized, a very strong unit, with a sprinkling of flair players that can produce magic too.

I never thought we'd have a team that could match the ones from 2001 and 2004, but i actually believe these ones can, and as i've mentioned before, i think we have a stronger squad this season too, with like for like replacements ready to come in. Only position i wouldn't want to see tested is in goals, as long as Stryjek stays fit we're golden.

It's quite funny comparing them, but Robbo is looking more like Derek Lilley with every game, for a wee guy he wins headers, same as Lilley did, and is a few inches shorter too, he's also knocking in the goals.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:50 pm