The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Durnford
Liviforever
Auld Nick
7 posters

Livi v St Johnstone

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v St Johnstone  Empty Livi v St Johnstone

Post by Auld Nick Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:22 pm

Hypothetical Question....

If losing this one guaranteed winning the cup but avoiding defeat meant no guaranteed cup win, would you take the deal to guarantee the cup or would you prefer to keep the unbeaten run going & let the final take care of itself?

I think LF would say “no thanks” to the guaranteed cup win....

I think we are good enough to win this game but it seems to be a “thing” that when two “smaller clubs” play each other in different competitions the honours are often shared. So is the cup more important than 3 points? is it more important than 1 point?

I’d prefer the cup... but I’m not sure that I’d take the deal guaranteeing the cup.

St J lost tonight to the “champs elect” but only 1-0; they will be no pushovers & have been on a good run until tonight.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v St Johnstone  Empty Re: Livi v St Johnstone

Post by Liviforever Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:15 am

Course i'd take the cup win over a league win, but i'm greedy and i want both. And as it doesn't work like that anyway, we can win both.

Tough opponents, and they're on decent form, too many draws this season for them to be a serious threat to our top 6 spot though, and we've beaten them twice already, breaking their unbeaten run in our last game.

The form we're on and the belief in our players, i just can't see us losing this, not confident enough to think we couldn't be held to a draw though, hopefully we take all 3 points and continue to push for 4th place.

The longer we keep our run going the better chance we take at least 5th place and prob a European spot. Got my doubt about the Scottish cup being played this season so that would mean 5th place is also in Europe.

Would like to see Forrest start this game, he hasn't featured much lately and will be bursting to start, and wreak havoc down the wing, would fancy him to grab a goal or two. Hopefully get to see some more of Kabia too, even for the last 15/20 mins.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:39 am

This is a must win game for the lions following Sevco's result last night:

Calum Carson wrote:Big blow to Livingston's title hopes this result. They're now 36 points behind with 36 points still to play for. Going to be a tough ask.
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:15 am

😂😂😂👍
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:59 pm

We can still win it if Sevco get a points deduction for spending more than they earn.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:39 pm

I take it Muzza Davidson wont be playing, after getting crunched by Roofe last night, read he was doubtful for the cup final against us. Rather enjoyed seeing him and Marv battling it out in the last game against them.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:34 pm

I feel this is going to be a tougher game than some are anticipating.Having said that,we are at home on our pitch which could have a significant bearing on the outcome.The weathers not looking great either,but dont see any concerns,which means the game will be on.Wondering if Davie is gonna continue with the rotational aspect which has been deployed lately.Guess wel just have to wait and see.Doubt it will be Tuesday nights starting lineup. Reckon he might stick with Jet in his seemingly new roll. Big John and Robbo will probably start with Marvin coming back in as well. Lawson ats and some others might come into Davies thoughts after Tuesday.Anyway doubt this will have any bearing on the cup final,but would be good to keep the momentum going.The calibre of recent opposition leads me to believe weve nothing to fear,and in that hense i wish the lads the very best.Cmon Livi.Lets do it.🦁.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 05, 2021 9:22 pm

Yeah i'd line up.

........................Stryjek

Devlin.....Ambrose......Guthrie/ATS........Serrano

.................Marv..........Holt

.........JET.........Pittman..........Forrest

.......................Robbo

2nd half subs: Mullin (JET) Lawson (Forrest) and perhaps Kabia (Robbo)

Martindale has played Jacko at LB though and Serrano further up as a winger, and Lawson played a blinder against the sheep so might get a start too, really no idea what Martindale will do, apart from the usual core players Stryjek, Guthrie and Pitts, he could pick anyone. Hopefully BBJ is ok now and it wasn't anything that'll keep him from playing tomorrow.
    livikev
    livikev

Post by livikev Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:28 pm

Anyone else got problems with stream - i can't get connected
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:35 pm

Mines ok mate,hope you get it sorted. Scrappy so far.🦁👍
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:01 pm

Yeah even game with St Johnstone right on top of us from the start, best chance for us was stopped by the ref not playing advantage when Forrest got the ball on the edge of their box and Lawson was unmarked with acres of space to go in on goal. Kick in the nads losing a goal right on HT from a free kick, advantage St Johnstone.

Mullin will be a big miss not having him taking our set pieces, so far we've been very poor from deliveries. Poplatnik back on the bench is good though, he's pretty good in these tight games at finding a killer pass, something we've not been able to do. Best i can see here is us getting a draw, can't afford to lose a 2nd goal though or it'll be game over, same as they did to Hibs in their semi final game.

Big test for us coming back from a goal down 2nd half to stay undefeated.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:18 pm

It’s very poor; we have created nothing- hopefully this is a ropeadope for the final
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:56 pm

Good penalty save by Max & a nicely worked goal to give us a chance but we just weren’t at the races today & the ref was a useless pillock as well. If you wore blue & fell over it was a foul, if you wore yellow & got fouled it was regularly play on. Rooney is a thug who should have seen red. Kane is a sleekit git as well. But all that said, Saints were the better side today & deserved the win.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:58 pm

livikev wrote:Anyone else got problems with stream - i can't get connected

Was connected all game unfortunately but sometimes the stream was a bit blurred.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:15 pm

The thing i said mustn't happen, happened, we conceded another fecking goal, from another set piece. Think us missing Guthrie really had an affect this time, ATS did well against Aberdeen but Guthrie's height and ability defending and attacking set pieces was a huge miss today. As was Mullin's deliveries, was all for giving Forrest a chance but thought Mullin would've been on the bench to give us a lift 2nd half. Hopefully both will be back for the final.

Didn't think Stryjek was at his best today either, quite a few dodgy moments from him, but he saved the penalty well, and we almost nicked a draw with Robbo almost getting his head onto a ball in the 6 yard box. Didn't do nearly enough to get goals, but what it came down to was St Johnstone's set pieces were better than ours, and they defended them better too.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:45 pm

Yeh,agree with the above comments. Firstly credit to St Johnstone. As said two set peices have downed us unfortunatly. One or two influential players missing today which seemed to upset the applecart. Its strange seeing that scoreline after so many weeks, but we all knew it would come to an end eventualy. Just didnt think it would come today.For me the cup final is going to be a very physical game and hopefully we are back at full streaghth. Saints have thrown down the gauntlet, its up to us to give them it back with amber ribbons. Cant bring myself to critisize the boys on this one game.Theve been brilliant thus far and have a great chance to return to normal service midweek. More on that to come.Chins up lads and lassies. Just a blimp.👍🦁.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:48 pm

Just to edit.Didnt think that the missing players would have affected us today.But they did.Had to expect this.Its the same for every team at this time of the season.Our impressive squad will deal with this.It will be a jolt to Davie but one im sure will be rectified in the coming weeks. 👍 🦁.
    Livi2020

Post by Livi2020 Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:01 pm

Poor performance and shame about the result but St Johnston were better side.
    On a positive note it was good to see Poplatnik on the bench, was hoping he would come on when we went 2-0 down. I agree with Liviforever when he said Poplatnik is pretty good in these tight games when it comes to finding a killer pass, creating something and putting defenders under pressure. He is fully fit again and should’ve been given a chance today.
    Let’s hope we are much better in the Cup final.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:56 pm

We should have defended their set pieces better no doubt about it. The free kicks that led to them though were decidedly iffy. Chris Kane going down both times with minimal contact. Referees need to be more streetwise. The penalty was also as soft as they come.
    We had a great run and you never want it to end but alas it did. Not sure the starting line up worked today. Maybe need to tweak things midweek.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:43 am