The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Liviforever
Auld Nick
6 posters

Livi v Accies

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Accies - Page 2 Empty Re: Livi v Accies

Post by Liviforever Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:18 pm

Good news is, Maley aside, our bench is very strong, personally would start most of our subs over the ones DM has on the starting XI.

Looks like it's lump the ball up to the big forward, only JET isn't very good at holding off defenders, they generally just hook their legs round him and boot the ball away. His lack of pace and energy, will leave it to Sibbs, Pitts and Forrest to pick up the slack running about, and will give the Accies defenders an easy time bringing the ball out from the back. Hopefully DM proves us all wrong, and this is a masterstroke, but it didn't work when Holt tried it, playing JET up front and dropping Mullin too, as well as Serrano. With those 2 out, we have no wide players to put any quality balls into the box.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:25 pm

Still no Robbo or Proplatnik worries me.Will prepare myself for the excuses incoming.
    Livi2020

Post by Livi2020 Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:56 pm

Troy wrote:Still no Robbo or Proplatnik worries me.Will prepare myself for the excuses incoming.

I am hearing that we won’t be seeing Robbo again - hearing his contract has been cancelled.
    Poplatnik fully fit BUT DM going with Jet again 🤦‍�🤦‍�
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:59 pm

Feckit 4-1 Livi, Jet brace, with Forrest and Kabia scoring the other 2.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:05 pm

2-1 at half time with JET involved in all 3 goals.

Brilliant opener from JET
    He gave the ball away for the equaliser
    And diverted the ball to Pitts for the 2nd

Devs brilliant at both our goals
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:02 pm

Job done... time to relax

This is how it feels to be Livi
    back to back top 6 you know
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:05 pm

Yasssssss we won a game. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Totally dominated it, Accies scoring against the run of play from nicking the ball off Jet, and sticking in a long range shot. Brilliant goal from Jet too, and their equaliser gave us a kick up the boohookey to get back on the press looking to score.

What a goal Mullin's shot off the bar would've been, we deserved a 3rd goal to make the scoreline represent our dominance, but a 2-1 got us there, top 6 confirmed with a game to go.

Thought Jet had a good game, even running about up to 80 odd minutes and winning headers, nice wee back healer in there too, building up an attack. Hat off to DM this time, he justified his starting selection by getting us a deserved win. Played the ball about on the deck more too, and looked to get forward, doubling up and pressing well, much more like ourselves.

Great feeling getting a much needed win. Gonna enjoy myself tonight and have a few celebratory drinks. drunken
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:49 pm

Ok.Got to hold my hands up when i saw the lineups.Once again got it wrong😥.But what can i say.Firstly most pleasing thing for me was having the ability to see out the game out and gaining our top six status.Job done and on todays performance desevedly so.Devlin was imense and thoughrally deserved his mom award. Special mentions in despatches for Sibbs Jet Pitts Forrest,but collectivly a terrific all round display from the team.Even Mcrorie had a comfortable afternoon,no chance with their goal.Great effort from Josh near the end would have put the icing on the cake. But overall as ive said job done in what could have been a potential banana skin for us.Kinda soured a wee bit during the game with the Robbo situation,but Like Lawless,if he doesnt want to be here you know what im gonna say.Anyways weve done it and if it was allowed id gladly share a glass or two with all of you.These magical times will return in due course. 👍 🦁 🍻🍻🍻.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:37 pm

Just an aforethought.Taking Robbo out of the equesion. Wouldnt it be worthwhile during this weeks training pairing Jet with Proplatnik and see how it works.Play them against Guthrie Devlin Effe Serrano Mcmillan etc.What we got to lose.We are there.Could be a lethal partnership for next season and Jaze and Hamilton in the wings.Sounds silly,but could be fruitfull.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:42 pm

Can’t say I agree that we were totally dominant; Accies had good spells in both halves. They were dominating possession after we went ahead but hadn’t threatened to score but then slack play by JET & no one closing down quickly enough allowed Smith to get a good shot away that McCrorie looked a bit slow to react to. He had a few dodgy moment with his kicking but for the most part did well with crosses. Pitts should have scored shortly after the equaliser, JET laid it off & the keeper was out of position but he sliced it just wide, had he curled it out-to-in he probably would have scored. Made up for it by notching the second though. Second half Accies again had a good spell without really creating anything too concerning. We were a touch lucky at their penalty claim though, Fitz had a good fistful if shirt but the lad threw himself to the ground far too obviously.

Mullin’s shot off the bar & Pop’s disallowed goal emphasised that we were the better side even if we were protecting the lead a bit towards the end. Over the piece we deserved the win.

JET probably had his best all round game in a Livi shirt & his goal was reminiscent of a Thierry Henry special, albeit that Henry’s was from the edge of the box & was a smidgen more spectacular. Excellent play by the big fella for that. He also did a lot better winning headers & holding play up & even closing down & defending.

Devlin was superb at both our goals & thoroughly deserved his MotM award. All the outfield players including subs contributed to a very decent team effort & McCrorie was largely untested as Accies struggled to create chances even when they briefly had the upper hand.

I’d still happily take Callachan off their hands.

Disappointed that Robbo has decided to leave (if that is what has happened) as he has arguably had the best season of his career but if someone has made him an offer that we can’t match then I can’t blame him.

Finally, Clancy the Clown, two ridiculous bookings for Devs & Holt while most Accies players went unpunished for worse.
    And would like to see a better angle on the offside decision against Pops.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:28 pm

Yeh agree with your sentiments Bertie.Wasnt me who said we were tottally dominant. Indeed there were times when i felt a tad uncofortable. But looking at the game as a whole,dont think a neutral would have begrugged us that win.Its about opinions and we are all entitled to give them.Democracy is a luxury that weve got thankfully.End of the day,we got there,although as ive said i had my doubts.👏.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:59 pm

Accies never had the upper hand, period.

We took the foot off the gas after we scored, but Accies never threatened us at any time during that period, it was all huff and puff around the middle of the pitch. Their goal was out of nowhere, robbing Jet when he should've had it passed forward to send us on our way again, and the boy Smith taking a pot shot, that went spectacularly inside the post, seen it numerous times when teams like St Mirren and Accies just fire one in like that, total sucker punch against the run of play.

It gave us a jolt though and we put the foot back on the gas and got ahead again, Pitts should've made it sooner than he did with his shot past the post, but that's sods law with us, they go in for them but not for us, same with Josh's shot off the bar. Comfortable win, that deserved at least a 2 goal cushion.

Jet actually looked a striker in this game, even chased after the ball and made more of an effort than he has in any other game. Poplatnik also should've made it 3, poor from him not timing his run better, and straying offside. We could easily have bagged 4 goals in this game and it wouldn't have flattered us.

The 2 we scored, Pitts shot past the post, Jet's header to their keeper, Josh's shot off the bar, and Poplatnik's offside goal. that's 6 we could've got, can only think of 1 Accies may have scored from outside the one they got, Callachan's cross along our box, maybe the corner they stuck right through our box too, but i didn't include those type of ones we did too. Rice saying it was even, and they didn't deserve to lose, his heid is up his arse if he truly thinks that.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:22 pm

Fair summary L/F.But kind of guessing Berties comments had some merit arguably. Its like a game of Tennis between you two ive noticed.Personally i thought on the whole Livi deserved that on the grand shceme of things.its all about opinions of course.The beuty of this forum is that sometimes i agree with both of you.I got it wrong today😥.Bummer.But bigger picture weve got there.When this is all over, ill swally with both of you,if allowed
    .You know who i am.🍻🍻⚽
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:14 pm

Liviforever wrote:Accies never had the upper hand, period.

We took the foot off the gas after we scored, but Accies never threatened us at any time during that period, it was all huff and puff around the middle of the pitch. Their goal was out of nowhere, robbing Jet when he should've had it passed forward to send us on our way again, and the boy Smith taking a pot shot, that went spectacularly inside the post, seen it numerous times when teams like St Mirren and Accies just fire one in like that, total sucker punch against the run of play.

It gave us a jolt though and we put the foot back on the gas and got ahead again, Pitts should've made it sooner than he did with his shot past the post, but that's sods law with us, they go in for them but not for us, same with Josh's shot off the bar. Comfortable win, that deserved at least a 2 goal cushion.

Jet actually looked a striker in this game, even chased after the ball and made more of an effort than he has in any other game. Poplatnik also should've made it 3, poor from him not timing his run better, and straying offside. We could easily have bagged 4 goals in this game and it wouldn't have flattered us.

The 2 we scored, Pitts shot past the post, Jet's header to their keeper, Josh's shot off the bar, and Poplatnik's offside goal. that's 6 we could've got, can only think of 1 Accies may have scored from outside the one they got, Callachan's cross along our box, maybe the corner they stuck right through our box too, but i didn't include those type of ones we did too. Rice saying it was even, and they didn't deserve to lose, his heid is up his arse if he truly thinks that.

Underlined bit - yeah, I said that myself

Bold bit - When we eased off (I agree we did) Accies took the initiative & had the upper hand, to say otherwise is quite simply ignoring the obvious, when we eased off we were no longer dominant, they were. Thankfully, for all the possession they had when they briefly dominated (it didn’t last long but it happened) they were only able to capitalise on our mistake & yes that was the catalyst to us getting back on top in the first half & regaining the lead. They had another wee spell in the second half which included their penalty claim & a decent run by Callachan that came to nothing but our defence held firm & we deserved the win & could have scored more.

So basically we are in agreement with the one exception that I saw Accies have a couple of spells where they were dominating possession but to little effect & you didn’t. That’s ok, as I’ve told you before, you can be wrong if you want. lol! jocolor geek
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:50 pm

Good all round display today. Thank goodness we got that point and two spare. We can watch the rest of the season with unclenched bums now.
    I thought that our two bookings were harsh. I also thought Poplatnik was onside. Having seen the highlights I have not changed my mind. It was Kylie on the line though. She has a history of bad calls with us. I won't forget her very late flag against Keaghan at home a few years ago when he was through on goal.
    Well done the whole team for a great season. 👏
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:30 pm

Yeah, I wasn’t convinced he was off from the live feed & although the BBC angle wasn’t any better seeing it on the bigger screen convinced me he was onside.

And agreed Orco - a huge well done to all at the club for achieving safety before the split for 3 successive seasons & top 6 for the second year in a row. Not bad going for a wee Mickey Mouse plastic club with a plastic pitch in a plastic town eh? 🤣
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:54 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Accies never had the upper hand, period.

Underlined bit - yeah, I said that myself

Bold bit - When we eased off (I agree we did) Accies took the initiative & had the upper hand, to say otherwise is quite simply ignoring the obvious, when we eased off we were no longer dominant, they were. Thankfully, for all the possession they had when they briefly dominated (it didn’t last long but it happened) they were only able to capitalise on our mistake & yes that was the catalyst to us getting back on top in the first half & regaining the lead. They had another wee spell in the second half which included their penalty claim & a decent run by Callachan that came to nothing but our defence held firm & we deserved the win & could have scored more.

So basically we are in agreement with the one exception that I saw Accies have a couple of spells where they were dominating possession but to little effect & you didn’t. That’s ok, as I’ve told you before, you can be wrong if you want. lol! jocolor geek

Yeah your idea of dominant is different from mine, having possession isn't dominant unless you do something with it, John Hughes style of football was the worst i've experienced at Livi, it's what you do in the final 3rd that counts, not passing it about in the middle of the pitch. Apart from the shot they scored with 1 don't think McCrorie had a save to make, a few catches and punches from crosses, but nothing came at his goal. We on the other hand were dominant in pressuring their goal, and could easily have stuck 4 goals away, that to me is dominance of the game. What Brian Rice was watching i have no idea, if he thought they deserved a draw.

When we put the foot on the gas we drove at them with intent, and looked the far better side, much like our old selves, 2 and 3 Livi players were putting in challenges, whenever they beat a player we had another one backing up that player, that's the old Livi that went on an unbelievable 14 games undefeated run. If we play like that in our remaining games we'll pick up points to challenge Aberdeen.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:11 pm

orco wrote:Good all round display today. Thank goodness we got that point and two spare. We can watch the rest of the season with unclenched bums now.
    I thought that our two bookings were harsh. I also thought Poplatnik was onside. Having seen the highlights I have not changed my mind. It was Kylie on the line though. She has a history of bad calls with us. I won't forget her very late flag against Keaghan at home a few years ago when he was through on goal.
    Well done the whole team for a great season. 👏

I bring that up whenever she's on the line at our games, she isn't ever going to live that one down. lol!

Yeah he's ahead of Pitts but the Accies last outfield player looks like he could be playing him onside, he could still have afforded to time his run better and stay well onside so there would have been no doubt though, there was bags of space to get through on goal.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:23 pm

If you have more possession for a spell in a game you are dominating possession, it’s how it is defined, what you do with that possession does not define the dominance.

They got forward & in and around our box but were unable to work a chance. The ball to Callachan split our defence wide open & his ball across our goal was begging for someone to tap it in; a more switched on clinical team would have done exactly that.

We were the better team over 90 minutes, fully deserved our win & had better chances to increase our lead but we didn’t have it all our own way for the entire game.

On a different matter... I had thought Devs cross ricocheted to Pitts off JET but it actually came off an Accies player, so we actually got the break of the ball in the box for once. Credit to Pitts for capitalising on it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:41 am