The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Livi2020
Troy
6 posters

Well v Livi.

orco
    orco

Well v Livi. - Page 2 Empty Re: Well v Livi.

Post by orco Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:59 am

As long as Celtic take points off Dundee United tomorrow we could maybe scrape into the top 6 with defeats against Hamilton and Hibs as long as they are by no more than one goal and St Johnstone don't beat Ross County by more than 3 goals. But that is cutting it very fine. We need a point!!!
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:38 am

Yeh,thought so Orco.Sky Sports saying a win for Celtic will confirm our place in the top six.Not
    Sure on that,but ive never been good at Maths. And the wife will confirm that.😂😂😂.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:41 pm

What Sky Sports know about Scottish football can be written on a pin head.

Nothing has changed from before the games kicked off yesterday other than our GD advantage has diminished slightly. We still need a point or our rivals (United & both Saints) to drop points.

Last edited by Bertie Bassett on Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:12 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Troy wrote:Right, lets get down to the nitty gritty here.Obviously wanting Ceptic to do the buisness here tommorrow. Takes Utd out of the equesion.Statos,what have we got to do after this.Ridicoulous that its come down to this. Only ourselves to blame.Skin of our teeth comes to mind.Put my nerves to rest guys.

We need 1 point

Or St Johnstone to draw, and Celtic to beat Utd.

Or St Johnstone only to win their last pre split game by 1 goal and us not to lose our last two by more than 3 goals. Unsure what happen if it goes to exact same GD, if it comes down to head to heads, who's conceded the most goals, who's scored the most goals, who's had the most bookings, away pts count double, square go between Davidson and Martindale.

Think it might be the goals for then goals against, currently we're 4 to the good over St Johnstone there, so they'd need to score 5 against County and us not to score any in our last two games. If that's the case i'd be confident of winning it then, so we're as good as there................................Unless we totally feck it up and lose our last two games by 3,4, 5 goals, and/or St Johnstone win by 2,3, 5. Suspect

I'm away into hibernation for 2 weeks, wake me up when it's all over, if/when we get into the top 6. lol!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:02 pm

I covered the other options above... but if St Johnstone beat Ross by 3 then 2 single goal defeats for us would be enough for them to overhaul us.

United are now out of it.

It’s in our hands at the moment, get the point we require against Accies & it’s over.... but at this moment in time I am not confident of that happening.

If it is exactly the same GD with exactly the same GF & GA then it would probably be head to head which gives us the edge but it would take a strange set of results for that to happen.

Last edited by Bertie Bassett on Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:04 pm

So, St Johnstone it is then. Are they going to ruin it for us for a third time. Unfortunately knowing how Livi have a tendency to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory it is possible. 🙈
    Could useless Hibs not have done us a wee favour yesterday. 🙄
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:08 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:I covered the other options above... but if St Johnstone beat Ross by 3 then 2 single goal defeats for us would be enough for them to overhaul us.

It’s in our hands at the moment, get the point we require against Accies & it’s over.... but at this moment in time I am not confident of that happening.

If it is exactly the same GD with exactly the same GF & GA then it would probably be head to head which gives us the edge but it would take a strange set of results for that to happen.

Not sure of the actual rules but would our goals for being better than Saints not get it for us in that scenario?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:37 pm

orco wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:I covered the other options above... but if St Johnstone beat Ross by 3 then 2 single goal defeats for us would be enough for them to overhaul us.

Not sure of the actual rules but would our goals for being better than Saints not get it for us in that scenario?

If the points and GD is the same it would yep, no chance are St Johnstone scoring 4 goals against County, and us not scoring at least 1 against Accies and/or Hibs. Think that's the biggest stat in our favour. I'm more worried we'll concede a few goals to both Accies and Hibs and lose our PTS and GD advantage completely.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:40 pm

orco wrote:

If GD is the same it usually goes to GF but if GD & GF is the same it usually goes to head to head. It would take a strange sequence of results to have identical GD & GF...

We have scored 4 more than them & they have conceded 1 more than us giving us the current 5 goal advantage.

If we were to lose 1-0 twice they would have to win 4-1 to get both teams with the same GD & GF.... they have only scored 7 goals at home all season.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:43 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    orco wrote:

If the points and GD is the same it would yep, no chance are St Johnstone scoring 4 goals against County, and us not scoring at least 1 against Accies and/or Hibs. Think that's the biggest stat in our favour. I'm more worried we'll concede a few goals to both Accies and Hibs and lose our PTS and GD advantage completely.

We could quite easily not score against both Accies & Hibs, we are offering very little in attack at the moment.
    Saints only scoring 7 at home all season is the biggest factor in it being unlikely but it is most definitely possible.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:24 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:
    orco wrote:

We could quite easily not score against both Accies & Hibs, we are offering very little in attack at the moment.
    Saints only scoring 7 at home all season is the biggest factor in it being unlikely but it is most definitely possible.

Always possible right enough but we've only had two home games in this wee bad spell, a 2-1 defeat by st Johnstone and a 1-0 defeat to Sevco. Before that we drew 0-0 with Aberdeen, beat Killie 2-0, 2-2 draw with Celtic, and a 3-1 win over County, our home form isn't that bad really.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:06 am

We have also lost at home to Accies & Hibs to the tune of 1-2 & 1-4 respectively when our form under Holt was bad but it wasn’t quite as bad as it is now.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:05 pm

I think our form early in the season was similar to now. No worse, no better. Dips happen to all teams. Hopefully we can lift ourselves sooner than later.
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:46 pm

Hopefully no injuries in training this week.Theve got to lift themselves. The alternative doesnt bare thinking about.Even 1 point shouldnt be too much to ask for,but at this time it seems like a prisoner.🦁.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:21 pm

orco wrote:I think our form early in the season was similar to now. No worse, no better. Dips happen to all teams. Hopefully we can lift ourselves sooner than later.

Start of the season we played too many CB's, shoehorned into positions they weren't very good at, Efe as a LWB, Fitzwater a RB, just before Holt chucked it he kept playing JET up front, and wouldn't start Mullin, i think team selection had a big influence on our poor results back then.

Talking of which, i notice when DM took over and we got wins over Utd, St Johnstone, Ross County and Accies, he played both Mullin and Forrest from the start in games, and Guthrie & Fitzwater were our CB pairing, Poplatnik was up front, then Robbo came in when he picked up an injury against Utd (how many times does that happen playing them). Sibbald was also a main starter, playing alongside either Marv or Holt, i think we need to go back to that for the game against Accies.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:56 pm

orco wrote:I think our form early in the season was similar to now. No worse, no better. Dips happen to all teams. Hopefully we can lift ourselves sooner than later.

I think I said earlier or another thread that St Mirren are at home to Accies in the last game before the split, they are in fact away to Accies in that game...

Early season form... first 6 games were LLDDLW we then lost at home to Accies & away to Celtic - our home defeat to Hibs was the second game of the season.

Last 6 games LLDLLL - therefore our current run is worse than our opening 6 games

In fact, the current run is our worst run of form in the entire season.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:08 pm

Yeah as i prev mentioned, only 2 home games in that run, and although they're defeats, they were narrow ones, and one was against the best team in the Country, who scored in the 87th min. Our last 2 pre split games are at home, and even in this bad run of form we've looked pretty solid at home. We wont concede a lot of goals anyway, and i can see us getting at least a point from those games.

Last 6 home games.

Livi 0-1 Sevco
    Livi 1-2 St Johnstone
    Livi 0-0 Aberdeen
    Livi 2-0 Killie
    Livi 1-0 St Mirren
    Livi 2-2 Celtic

Goals:

For           Against
    6                 5
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:24 pm

In the first 6 games only Hibs wasted us, every other game was close including a 0-0 against the best team in the country at the time & in the 8th game it was a narrow defeat at the defending champions. So I stand by my assessment that the current run is our worst of the season, scoring 3 conceding 8.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:16 pm

Our home form isn't worse than it was back then though, we conceded 7 goals in our first 6 home games, and one of those was a game against Alloa in the cup, 9 if we just count league games.

Also if we just include league games our current home form is better for results too.

Great things stats, we can both be right using them. lol!

Anyway, glad our last 2 pre split games aren't away from home, no glimmer of light from those stats in our  last 6 away form guide. Our OS fella has even chopped off one of Utd's goals and it still looks grim for goals against. Laughing
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:40 pm

We conceded 7 in the first 6 home games - 6 of them to the two teams we have still to play now.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:21 pm

So you're admitting we were worse back then. Laughing
    Whitburn Vale
    Whitburn Vale

Post by Whitburn Vale Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:52 pm

Hi guys,not been on here for a bit......,
    It's time for Livi to stand up and be counted on Saturday,how much do they really want it...
    We shitfested the cup final,this is redemption time.

Accies are fighting for there lives,we hav to match that and more....
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:27 pm

Liviforever wrote:So you're admitting we were worse back then. Laughing

No, pointing out that your stats were irrelevant lol!

Bottom line, what has gone before should have no bearing on the next two games. If they can’t secure a top 6 spot then they don’t deserve to be there & they should achieve it this weekend... but this is football.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content