The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Aberdeen v Livi (Scottish Cup)

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Aberdeen v Livi (Scottish Cup) Empty Aberdeen v Livi (Scottish Cup)

Post by Liviforever Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:31 pm

Moved from Sun to Sat because of tv schedules over Prince Philip's funeral at 3PM on Sat. Fecking hell!!!!

First thing that i find strange about how they've worked out who to play when, which day and time, the erse cheek derby was Sat at 3PM, so why not move it to 5.30PM (our newly scheduled ko on Sat) and keep ours as it was on Sun. But nooooooooo, they move us to Sat and them to Sun to disrupt both games by as much as possible, and hugely inconvenience us, as we had arrangements made for travel, hotel booking, food, and training, no club was consulted over this, just told to make new arrangements and tough shit. Only Dundee Utd's game remains the same day and time, every other game has been changed, what a bunch of incompetent arseholes the SFA are.

Is there by any chance a thought process that the Celtic fans will arrange some protest/disruption outside the ground on the day of the funeral, so these aunts switched their match day with ours so as not to have theirs on the same day as the funeral? If so, yet again, others have to suffer because their fans are bigoted b'stards. Only reason every club in Scotland can't sell alcohol inside their ground, is the erse cheek fans can't be trusted not to cause trouble, so we all get treated the same as them, while sectarianism and bad behaviour by Celtic and Sevco fans is brushed under the carpet, and the SFA etc stick their head in the sand/up their own arseholes pretending it isn't there still..

Besides all of that, i have no interest of watching Phil's funeral, i doubt most of Scotland has.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Aberdeen v Livi (Scottish Cup) Empty Re: Aberdeen v Livi (Scottish Cup)

Post by Liviforever Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:38 pm

Now onto the actual game, we'll hopefully get new arrangements made to try and have our players prepared as best as we can, and be 100% on our game.

Our away form aint great, and form going into this is against us too, heavy defeat to us, Aberdeen beating St Johnstone 1-0, so back to being big underdogs, what we like being.

Have to admit, i'm not feeling too confident going into this, if it was at home i'd have been buzzing for it, away though, nope, hope is winning over actual belief for me. We did them up there the last time we played though, so lets do it again, it would give us a huge lift for our remaining league games too, mon the Livi Lions. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:49 am

It’s a tough draw as they are never easy to beat even when they don’t play well.

Our lack of firepower upfront could be our undoing as we can’t always rely on goals from other players.

Much as I’d love it for us to get back to Hampden, it may be a bit too much for us.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:31 pm

Had a swatch on Premier Sports and all you can see is the erse cheeks game, nothing at all advertised of ours. Prob have to wait till tomorrow afternoon before they'll get it up. It's all erse cheek derby classics. They've been desperate to get them playing together on there, must've been gutted when it was us v St Johnstone in the cup final.

Got a wee feeling we're going to score early in this game and go in at HT a couple of goals up.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:52 pm

I’ve seen our game advertised on Premier as was our semi & the final previously

I’ve got a feeling we won’t score again this season
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:55 pm

The draw could have been kinder for us.Last weeks capitulation has to be out of our system hopefully for us to have any chance here.Big Jet up front on his own will be soul destroying here,but I think that's what we're gonna get. Imo our best chance would be to take this to E/T or Pens.In any case we will need to grab any chances that come our way.Hearing all week about Aberdeen getting to the final,really. Hope the pundits eat their words.Just get intea them Livi and have a go.Do it.🦁🏆👍
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:03 pm

Can't see a win here. We're off the boil and Aberdeen have new manger bounce.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:24 am

Aberdeen v Livi (Scottish Cup) Meg10

Scotty P to score in the first 5 mins.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:27 pm

As I suspected, Jet up front on his own.I fear for us unfortunately. Stryjek back in though.Even so confidence is not high in my household.Its a big ask and hopefully the lads can defy the odds,again.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:25 pm

Might be Forrest up front and Jet on the wing.
    Livi2020

Post by Livi2020 Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:30 pm

Liviforever wrote:Might be Forrest up front and Jet on the wing.

Yep - Forest as Number 9 - Jet on the wing
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:43 pm

We did well to take the lead. Great goal.
    We were comfy until they equalised which was a good finish but poor defending.
    Never a pen but we get plenty of those against us. Well taken.
    Good equaliser but again poor defending from us.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:13 pm

And so to penalties

Good display by the lads, thought we had it won before they equalised & once they did I didn’t think we’d hang on as they started to look dangerous after equalising.

I think we will lose the shoot out.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:26 pm

All well struck pens just a pity Holt hit the bar. Stryjek didn’t look like saving any of theirs.

On the whole the 120 mins was probably a fair result as a draw.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:40 pm

Unfortunately I called it right pre match.Dont take pleasure of my prediction.Glorious chance twice to put this to bed.Tbf.We more than did better than I thought we would. Twice ahead and we couldn't see it out.Talk about grabbing defeat from the jaws of victory. For me because of where he was asked to play,Jet was magnificent, surprisingly. Its a horrible way to go out.Cups gone.But still that 5th place to go for.On the evidence of today,we've a helluva chance.The old passport might have to be reniewd.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:02 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:All well struck pens just a pity Holt hit the bar. Stryjek didn’t look like saving any of theirs.

On the whole the 120 mins was probably a fair result as a draw.

Aye Stryjek had a good game and looked a lot more assured commanding his box than McCrorie, made a couple of good saves too, was hopeless in the pen shoot out but was a fine line between him saving the first with his foot/legs and Holt's hitting the underside of the bar and going in, and we'd have been the ones going through.

Jet was fantastic for us, but looks like he'll be away as Livi2020 said.

Worrying that Mullin was an unused sub, as good as Jet was i'd have had Mullin on in ET for fresh legs and maybe a bit of magic from a set piece. Looking like he may be away next season too, with Martindale not playing him.

Forrest done the running to press up front and Jet showed his class when he got on the ball, thought our passing everywhere else was a bit pish though, and we wasted a lot of attacks when we pressed them into losing possession. Devlin chose the wrong pass when he had all the time in the world to fire it across the 6 yard box, and that led to them breaking on us and scoring their first equaliser. As good as Devlin is in hitting the byeline, he does my head in with his inconsistent crosses, he'd be some player if he could improve his final ball.

Close but no cigar, we didn't disgrace ourselves though and took the lead twice, hopefully we can take confidence in pushing Aberdeen all the way away from home and finish the league campaign positively, pushing for 4th and not letting St Johnstone catch us.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:01 am

Who knows what shape the team for next season will be but IMO Mullin went off the boil & wasn't making any impact either as a starter or a sub.

JET had a great game, Forrest did the leg work & created the space for JET to operate. Our opening goal was a thing of beauty. Didn’t fancy our chances when we got to the shoot out but it was fine margins as you say LF. Will be a shame if/when JET goes because he could be some player with a proper preseason under his belt. At least he gave it a go unlike that big haddy that decided he didn’t want to play on plastic... can’t even remember his name at the minute.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:47 pm

I think a lot was to do with Mullin being marked out the game, would still have had him on in ET., He had Kabia sitting on the bench too, another player who could've made a difference in ET. Instead we had about 5 CB's on, although McMillan at least showed aggression in attack. He should really be getting more game time with us. Lithgow's long throws caused them some problems too, just needed somebody to have gotten onto loose balls in the box from the knock downs.

Looked like Martindale was happy to take it to pens and was more about making sure we didn't lose the game in ET than trying to go for it and win.

Would've been nice getting the home tie against Utd and maybe another trip to Hampden, but it's been some season for us, and really didn't look like it was going to pan out this way, back when Holt was in charge. What an incredible run we went on, top 5 and the LC final, even i didn't see us accomplishing that back in October/November.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:11 pm

Back then our aim was to stay in the league, we did that with aplomb.One or two opportunities missed but overall its been quite a season for us.Next season will be different i suspect,with apparently a few leaving and others returning and a few new faces coming in.Once again survival will be the aim for us and like this season anything else will be a bonus.Hopefully more important that we will be back at the stadium after so long.Cant wait.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:21 am

Well how close was that. If Holt's penalty had bounced into instead of out of the net who knows what would have happened. Still the team played well and we have to count the season as a success.
    Onwards and upwards.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:42 am