The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Hibs v Livi

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Hibs v Livi - Page 2 Empty Re: Hibs v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:35 pm

Is there still a scenario where 5th is a Euro place?
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:44 pm

Scottish Cup winners depending Bertie.Been a lot of talk about our behind the scenes credidabilty.Not sure.Lets get 5th and worry about it later.Its Livi,would it surprise you.?.💪.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:50 am

So if Rangers, Hibs or Aberdeen win the cup, 5th place is in?

That being the case, we need to pull our socks up and secure 5th.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:05 am

I believe thats the scenario Bertie.🤞
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:16 am

What's the chances of us securing 5th place by beating Aberdeen at home only for St Johnstone to go and win the Scottish cup to take the European spot away from us?

Bertie's pessimism is rubbing off on me. lol!

Hopefully Utd and St Johnstone lose to Aberdeen and Sevco today, so that only leaves the winner of Killie v St Mirren to be knocked out for one of the three top 4 teams left in the cup to win it, so 5th place gets a European spot. Then for us to actually hold onto 5th place. santa
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:16 pm

Utd humped Aberdeen 3-0, that leaves us pinning our European hopes on Hibs & Sevco.

Just feels wrong wanting Sevco to win, and Hibs aren't much better, but really don't want St Johnstone winning a cup double and fecking us over for a 2nd time this season. Out of the teams left i'd have Utd* or Killie winning the cup, can't stand any of the other teams still in it.

*Utd keep injuring our strikers though so i'm going with Killie as the least inoffensive team, and fellow plastic pitch warriors. However for our European hopes we still need the Glasgow or Edin lot to win it.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:39 pm

Fluck, only Hibs left from the top 4 teams now.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:47 am

Yeah...but it was funny to see the Huns go out; shocking defending by them at the equaliser. Zander Clarke was completely unmarked in the middle of the goal a few yards out... I thought it was his goal but a replay seeemed to show that it went in off Kane
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:25 am

Our options have dwindled somewhat. Not 100 % sure that Hibs will do it.But got to get that 5th place,just in case.🤔.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:33 pm

Ach it's been a good season anyway, top 6 and a cup final, you'd take that any season if offered. Just a shame we were the bridesmaids in the final, and can't take that League cup form into a Scottish cup run, it has really opened up again with the erse cheeks knocked out.

Hoping we take points from all our remaining games, would be esp great beating Sevco at home, and being the only team to get a league win over them, 4 points from our next 2 games would def see us taking 5th spot again. How amazing would that be to get back to back 5th place finishes.

Troy likes this post

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:00 pm

Back to back 5ths would be incredible.... but it won’t happen, we will not win another game this season & even taking another point would be surprising. We just don’t play after the split.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:29 am

Must be amazing to be a St Johnstone fan this season. Top six, cup win and knocking out the all conquering Rangers to get to the semi of another cup. I'm pleased for them in spite of myself. It just goes to show what is possible even for a provincial team. I wish them well (cept when they play us of course).
    As for Europe, I'm not sure I want us there right now. It can be a bit of a poisoned chalice if you draw an eastern European team and end up costing the club money. In these Covid times it's even more of a gamble.I'll settle for 5th and call this a decent season.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:43 am

Yeah got to feel a bit sorry for St Mirren though, knocked out the semi by us, pipped to a top 6 place by St Johnstone in GD on the last pre match split game, and now in another semi final, would be so cruel if St Johnstone knocked them out. As a 'neutral', it would be good seeing them winning the cup, but part of me would be jealous that they had a better season than us, lifting a major trophy, so mon Hibs. lol!

As for St Johnstone, they've won enough this season, they can GTF, hope St Mirren beat them in the semi, and exact some sort of revenge for pipping them to a top 6 spot. Very Happy

Last edited by Liviforever on Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:44 am

Yeh I commented yesterday on another forum Orco on the same subject.Think we might have to hold the reighns on this possible Euro adventure for the time being.As you say the costs for this could hit us deep in the pocket,which is something none of us want at this time.While the prestige of qualifying for Europe might attract players of decent quality to come to the club close season,imo it won't be the be all and end off if we don't.Bigger picture the stability of the club must come first.Agree we've had a good season and hopefully next season will replicate. Lol.T👍💛🦁.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:18 pm