The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Players of the season?

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Players of the season? Empty Players of the season?

Post by Auld Nick Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:44 pm

It’s quite a hard one this season...

All the guys looked very good during the long unbeaten run but all looked less than ordinary during the poor spells either side of that run.

Forrest scored regularly at the start of the season but mainly against lower league sides.
    Robbo scored some very important goals.
    JET has been soaring as the season draws to a close.
    Sibbs has been creative.
    Mullin has shown excellent accuracy with his deliveries.
    Holt has been steady & consistent
    Pitts has not been as impressive as in previous seasons but still made a major contribution

But the player that has excited me most often with his marauding runs up the right flank is Nicky Devlin

No idea who qualifies to be young player of the year.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Players of the season? Empty Re: Players of the season?

Post by Liviforever Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:05 pm

Yeah if Devlin showed some consistency with his deliveries he'd be hands down our best player.

If Jet played like he is just now from the start, he'd be one of the best players i've seen at Livi, could've even been up there with Bingham and Fernandez, he's really sticking out as our best player just now.

Sibbald has come into his own this season, but he gets substituted a lot, so does Forrest and Mullin.

Marv has been good for us too. As has Robbo in his purple patch.

Our CB's haven't reached the heights of the prev few seasons, and none have been good enough to get an award this season.

Think our PoTM winners have been Marv, Robbo, Sibbs, Devlin, & JET, don't think Mullin or Forrest have won any, but i could be wrong. Out of those i'd prob give the PoTY to Devlin, even if he does frustrate me with some of his deliveries.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri May 14, 2021 6:31 pm

Sent my vote in today for this, went with.

Player of the Year- Devlin
    Young Player of the Year (currently 23 and under)- McMillan
    Goal of the Season- JET v Hamilton 2-1 game

Was between Devlin and Sibbald for me but plumped Devlin, despite his final ball being a hit or a miss, he's given us a lot of hits, was his assist for JET's goal too.

Hamilton prob has been our best young player, but most of it was for East Fife and Abroath, so plumped for McMillan, hoping if we award him this Martindale will start playing him next season.

Best goal for me was between Serrano's thunderfuck from outside the box v Celtic, and JET's, Robbo's v Killie was cracking too but he's spat the dummy so he's ruled out. lol!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon May 17, 2021 8:43 pm

JET getting goal of the season against Accies. No surprise there, brilliant goal.

Devlin having a clean sweep for PoTY, voted by the fans, players, coaches, and directors in separate awards. Think Sibbald came runner up, which was my choice too.

Serrano getting the fans YPoTY award, and Fitzwater the players and coaches YPoTY, not sure if the Directors voted for Fitzy too. McMillan came in the top 3 too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:48 am