The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Livi v St Mirren (League Cup)

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v St Mirren (League Cup) Empty Livi v St Mirren (League Cup)

Post by Liviforever Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:30 pm

Thurs and no match thread, i see we're all looking forward to this game then. lol!

Usually close games between the two sides, think this will be no different, same result as the last time we played them in the cup would do, though wouldn't surprise me if it went to pens.

Shinnie should be back in the squad for this, not sure if he'll start though, and our new signing Odin Bailey will also be available to play. Both will give us a bit more in attack, but wonder who'll be dropped/subbed for them. Possibly Sibbald for Shinnie, as Sibbs is still struggling for fitness after having covid, and prob Forrest for Bailey, would think that'll be the substitutions in the 2nd half anyway.

Same effort and performance as the Aberdeen game would do, only a bit more clinical in front of goal, if we go ahead, then hopefully we can add a 2nd goal to give us a wee cushion to ease our nerves, and see out the game. Mon the Lions, lets get to the next round. bounce
    Troy

Livi v St Mirren (League Cup) Empty Re: Livi v St Mirren (League Cup)

Post by Troy Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:06 pm

Sorry L/F.Im really looking forward to this.After lasts weeks robbery I'm hoping the lads can put on a similar performance with a favourable outcome.Wont be easy and Goodwin will have them right up for this.Agree about Odin,can't wait to see him.And might as well add Harry Panytiue to the party as he's signed for us this evening on a 2 year deal and hopefully won't be put out on loan.Looks a decent striker to play beside Bruce.Will be competition for Jack and Jaze when he comes back.Hasent worked for Gavin.Shame but we can't afford passengers. Anyway got ma ticket for Saturday, way up the back of B1.Cant wait.Cmon Livi,just do this.🦁👊👍.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:56 pm

Yeah, need the same effort & a bit more composure up in the final third.

Will be tough, this fixture has a high percentage of away wins so it won’t be easy that’s for sure.

Got my ticket too but as usual it seemed overly complicated to be able to sit next to someone of your choice. As I read it only 1 ticket per person who had registered on the ticketing system… not sure how that would have worked if my son was able to go as there is no way to guarantee booking an adjacent seat if you’re having to process each individually… if they meant you could do the same as before with adding someone to your “bubble” they certainly didn’t make it clear….and what is happening with our season tickets? Bought & paid for but nothing tangible yet, just the online ticketing system. Why no communication to update us on whether it will continue this way?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:58 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Yeah, need the same effort & a bit more composure up in the final third.

Will be tough, this fixture has a high percentage of away wins so it won’t be easy that’s for sure.

Got my ticket too but as usual it seemed overly complicated to be able to sit next to someone of your choice. As I read it only 1 ticket per person who had registered on the ticketing system… not sure how that would have worked if my son was able to go as there is no way to guarantee booking an adjacent seat if you’re having to process each individually… if they meant you could do the same as before with adding someone to your “bubble” they certainly didn’t make it clear….and what is happening with our season tickets? Bought & paid for but nothing tangible yet, just the online ticketing system. Why no communication to update us on whether it will continue this way?

I just go down to the stadium and the receptionist takes the names you want and gives you tickets, same for moving my seats from the red zone, did it at the same time, Saves faffing around on the internet.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:15 pm

I don’t work in Livi so I’m never around when the office is open.

The point is the system should be simple, especially for ST holders.

It seemed very convoluted for parents to ensure they had their young kids sitting with them.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:51 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:I don’t work in Livi so I’m never around when the office is open.

Could still phone them and they'll do it for you, might take a few tries getting through right enough.

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    The point is the system should be simple, especially for ST holders.

Yep
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:29 am

Wonder if Marv will be playing, he's been issued with another 2 match ban in league games because he was in the dugout as an assistant coach during the Sevco & Aberdeen games, and should've been in the stands. Is ok for the cup games though.
    Decent sub to bring on if we're a goal up trying to see out the game, brilliant at buying us fouls to relieve any pressure around our box, and wind down the clock, or up the other end taking the ball into the corner and keeping it there.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:02 pm

Interesting that you should mention substitutions… because I though Martindale’s substitutions today very nearly cost us the game. Kelly for Bailey was clearly designed to change the formation but the formation was working; we were causing them problems at the back & were largely comfortable in defence ourselves. Hamilton for Forrest was stupid because there was then nothing but the long ball to supply Hammy but he then brought on Harry for Anderson & he looked like he could cause problems but was booked for handling the ball after he was clearly fouled but the inept ref gave the free kick to Saints. Then he replaced Harry with Shinnie why? Harry was doing okay as far as I could see.

That left us with Hammy isolated & Saints winning all the second balls & coming on to us - basically instead of continuing with what was working he changed the system & invited Saints to attack us.

That said I thought the Saints equaliser was as far offside as you can be. Certainly more obviously offside than the one they got right (thankfully) a few minutes later.

Keags for Jacko was enforced & Keags did a decent job, so that sub is exempt from criticism & wasn’t it great to see him back on the pitch?

Now having said all that, I thought we probably edged extra time & what happened when it looked like we had scored? Most of our team was celebrating & the game played on, what was that all about?

Ref really was useless.

Pens was exciting as ever, Main’s miss was funny. Alnwick’s save from Keag’s was decent, Sibbs pen was probably the worst pen I’ve ever seen in my life, Alnwick had to step forward to catch it. Sibbs was MotM by a country mile but don’t ever get him to take pens. Max’s first save was outstanding & his second was very good. Both were incredibly important as the first one would have put us behind had it gone in & the second one won the tie.

Pleased that he has been able to make amends for his howler last week.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:06 pm

I'm still in the Stadium bar,hic,Will post when compis mentis 🍻🦁🤣.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:15 pm

Yeah Stryjek was brilliant today, 2 good saves to stop them equalising, then the penalty saves. Good goal by Forrest too, that's him at his best cutting inside and scoring.

Sibbs was outstanding, great seeing him last 120 mins too, after struggling with fitness from getting covid, but what a terrible penalty from him, thankfully it made no difference in the end. Laughing

Thought our new signings looked good, particularly Odin Bailey, exciting looking player, and likes to take a shot whenever he gets sight at goal, which is welcoming. Harrison did pretty well playing alongside Hammy before going back off, can only imagine he was injured.

We really shouldn't still be in this cup after our performance in the group stages, but boy am i enjoying the ride shitfesting our way to another final. Mon Super Livi, we're on our way........ cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Aug 14, 2021 7:24 pm

Yeah, I meant to mention his two excellent saves in the first half; the Saints lads should have scored but Max was more than a match for them, and yes our goal was a joy to watch, brilliant play in the build up & a fine finish. Bailey’s dead ball delivery needs to improve but so does Forrest’s.

Don’t think anyone has won the cup after finishing second in the group & winning all their ko ties on pens… so let’s be the first 🤣
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:51 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Now having said all that, I thought we probably edged extra time & what happened when it looked like we had scored? Most of our team was celebrating & the game played on, what was that all about?

Ref really was useless.

Read on Callum Carson's twitter that he thought it was well over the line too, and Martindale told him the St Mirren players said it was a yard over the line before their keeper dragged it back out the net. All our players started celebrating, that's why i jumped up out of my seat, couldn't understand why the game was still being played, our fans and players seemed confused as to why we didn't get the goal.

Three games running we've had a useless ref not giving us decisions, this eejit also let St Mirren players away with bookings for cynical fouls to stop us breaking up the pitch, then booked us for kicking the ball away. Luckily this time the useless diddy didn't cost us the game.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:55 am

Well I got my pens prediction right,though was hoping that goal would have stood to spare us from having to go through that scenario.With the exception of his penalty 🙈Sibbs thoughrally deserved his mom award.He was magnificent and a joy to watch.Great to see big Max redeem himself after last week as well.We should be getting well used to dodgy decisions by now.The nearside lino in particular had an absolute mare,cheek to have Specsavers on his sleeve.Was disappointed when Anderson went off,he offers so much more than the rest of our strikers.But in the end,were through.Hopefully a home tie in the draw so we can at least go to it.Was close but well done the Lions 🏆🦁👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:08 pm

Would take a home tie against anyone in the quarters Troy, even Sevco, hopefully we avoid them though and get one of the Dundee's.

Or our old pals Raith manage to beat Aberdeen and draw us at the TMA, how funny would that be? lol!
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:13 pm

Yeh same here.The cups a bonus,but the league has to be our priority. 👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 15, 2021 1:30 pm

Hahah Raith just went 2-1 up against the sheep, mon eh Raith.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:35 pm

Away to the Huns it is then. Rolling Eyes
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:30 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:

Ref really was useless.

Read on Callum Carson's twitter that he thought it was well over the line too, and Martindale told him the St Mirren players said it was a yard over the line before their keeper dragged it back out the net. All our players started celebrating, that's why i jumped up out of my seat, couldn't understand why the game was still being played, our fans and players seemed confused as to why we didn't get the goal.

Three games running we've had a useless ref not giving us decisions, this eejit also let St Mirren players away with bookings for cynical fouls to stop us breaking up the pitch, then booked us for kicking the ball away. Luckily this time the useless diddy didn't cost us the game.

It wasn't for the want of trying on his part. Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:51 am