The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Play Offs 2021/22

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Play Offs 2021/22 Empty Play Offs 2021/22

Post by Liviforever Wed May 04, 2022 12:08 am

Premiership Quarter Finals

Partick Th 1-2 ICT

Fancied ICT to win this and looks like they will, 2nd round up at Inverness on Fri. They're going in with momentum from winning their last 2 games, and although i'd love to see Arbroath winning promotion, i fear Caley will beat them. Only thing in Arbroath's favour is the brutal rounds Caley will have faced before playing them, hopefully that tells in their 2nd leg.

Also feel it would be too much for Caley to play 4 play off games and then the final 2 against St Johnstone, we know only too well how difficult 4 games were let alone having to play 6. So hopefully Arbroath do it and will have a better chance against St Johnstone.

Championship Semi Finals

Montrose 1-0 Airdrie
    Queen's Park v Dunfermline Wed

League One Semi Finals

Annan 1-0 Forfar
    Edin City 4-1 Dumbarton
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Play Offs 2021/22 Empty Re: Play Offs 2021/22

Post by Auld Nick Wed May 04, 2022 6:47 am

That’s a great win for Edinburgh City, they were thrashed by Stirling at the weekend so to bounce back & grab a 3 goal lead against the side from the higher division is tremendous. Personally I hope City win their play-offs

Best of luck to Bonnyrigg when they play the Blue Brazil too.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed May 04, 2022 12:36 pm

Speaking of play offs it was 6 years ago today that I watched Livi get beat 5-2 by Stranraer at Stair Park. Unbelievable Jeff. 😮
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 04, 2022 1:16 pm

orco wrote:Speaking of play offs it was 6 years ago today that I watched Livi get beat 5-2 by Stranraer at Stair Park. Unbelievable Jeff. 😮

Who knew it would be the start of such a successful period of stability and success, back to back promotions, back to back top 6 placings, and a cup final, along with another 2 seasons of comfortably staying up in the top flight.

What a brilliant experience it is being a Livi fan, we've had some tough times along the way with admins, court cases, points deductions, penalty demotions and relegations, but by feck the good times certainly make up for it. Some teams a lot bigger than us could only dream of our good times.

Quite looking forward to seeing if the Pars get relegated, them and Dundee going down from their respective leagues would be pretty funny.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed May 04, 2022 11:11 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    orco wrote:Speaking of play offs it was 6 years ago today that I watched Livi get beat 5-2 by Stranraer at Stair Park. Unbelievable Jeff. 😮

Quite looking forward to seeing if the Pars get relegated, them and Dundee going down from their respective leagues would be pretty funny.

I've never forgiven Gavin Masterton for what he did to Livi and Dominic Keane at our first administration. He and Dunfermline got their cumuppance eventually when they had their own administration. The fact that their fans were so holier than thou about how their club was so well run made it all the sweeter when they went bellyup themselves.

I've nothing against Dundee really. Like us they've been through the mill with dodgy owners over the years.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu May 05, 2022 12:11 am

orco wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:

I've never forgiven Gavin Masterton for what he did to Livi and Dominic Keane at our first administration. He and Dunfermline got their cumuppance eventually when they had their own administration. The fact that their fans were so holier than thou about how their club was so well run made it all the sweeter when they went bellyup themselves.

I've nothing against Dundee really. Like us they've been through the mill with dodgy owners over the years.

Their fans were the same as the Pars fans during our 2nd admin, then they too got their comeuppance with their 2nd admin.

Falkirk, Dundee & Dunfermline are 3 of the biggest dicks for supporters outside the erse cheeks, loving how all 3 have fallen from their perches with their billy big baws attitudes. Can't suffer enough as far as i'm concerned. Laughing

Airdrie were another one that thought they were something when we were coming back up through the leagues, i remember them giving it large thinking they'd stroll the league, and they're still playing in League One yet. lol!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 07, 2022 10:30 am

ICT 1-0 Partick Th 3-1 Agg, Inverness going into the semi's against Arbroath.

Could go either way, ICT are on a good run going into this, but the 2 games against Partick may take their toll, esp in the 2nd leg at Gayfield, so Arbroath just need to keep the 1st leg tight and as long as they don't lose by more than 1 goal i think they'll do it. If it's a draw or an Arbroath win then i think they'll win at Gayfield and go into the final against the Prem team, prob St Johnstone.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 07, 2022 5:35 pm

ICT have a decent record against the Red Lichties this season, taking 7 points off them.

Some game at Airdrie today Montrose were 3-1 up on aggregate & Airdrie are now winning in ET

Queen’s Park have relegated Dunfermline lol!

Edinburgh City will play Annan in the final so a newish team going up with Kelty regardless of who wins.

Bonnyrigg Rose 3 Blue Brazil 0 - looks ominous for Cowdenbeath
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 07, 2022 9:13 pm

Auld Nick wrote:ICT have a decent record against the Red Lichties this season, taking 7 points off them.

Some game at Airdrie today Montrose were 3-1 up on aggregate & Airdrie are now winning in ET

Queen’s Park have relegated Dunfermline lol!

Edinburgh City will play Annan in the final so a newish team going up with Kelty regardless of who wins.

Bonnyrigg Rose 3 Blue Brazil 0 - looks ominous for Cowdenbeath

Yep, i'm hoping the two games against Partick will have their toll on them though, it's a grueling 4 games for Championship 3rd and 4th placed team getting past the semi's, if they manage it i think St Johnstone will have an even bigger advantage in the final 2 play off games, facing a physically battered and drained ICT team, even for Arbroath we know from our own experience how much of a battle it is playing 4 games from the semi's.

Yeah cracking game at Airdrie, veritable goal fest.

Good luck to Edin City, with Brian Schwake in goals.

Bonnyrigg's 3 goals win will hopefully be enough to send Cowdenbeath to fuck out of the SPFL, it has been long overdue getting rid of them and their shithole of a ground.

And hoorah, the Pars are DOON to League One, hopefully Hughes will never manage another team too.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue May 10, 2022 7:53 pm

ICT 0-0 Arbroath HT.

So far so good for Arbroath, looking the better team in the first half but not much in the way of clear goal chances, Caley hitting the bar from a long range shot and Arbroath just missing getting on the end of a couple of good crosses into the 6 yard box.

Troy

Post by Troy Tue May 10, 2022 7:58 pm

Reckon if Arbroath can keep a clean sheet they should finish the job on Friday at Gayfeild.Mon big Jack.🦁👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue May 10, 2022 8:27 pm

Troy wrote:Reckon if Arbroath can keep a clean sheet they should finish the job on Friday at Gayfeild.Mon big Jack.🦁👍.

That's what i think too, might even nick it with a goal in this game. BBC very pro Inverness with their commentary, esp Michael Stewart, it's all Inverness need to do this, Inverness blah blah blah. Hardly a mention of Arbroath, even when they've been the better team.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue May 10, 2022 8:31 pm

Big miss by Inverness there, or Gaston making a good save. Ball over the top caught the Arbroath defence out and right through on goal.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue May 10, 2022 8:51 pm

Arbroath faded in the 2nd half and are a bit fortunate to hang on and not concede a goal, bit of a worry as they've played 2 less games than ICT, and if they get through they'll find it even tougher against St Johnstone, having 4 games to play in the play offs to St Johnstone's 2.

Unless of course they're just pacing themselves and are happy to take a 0-0 back to Gayfield to finish the job.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue May 10, 2022 9:03 pm

O-O FT.

Hopefully Arbroath will have more in the tank in the 2nd leg, with them having played 2 less games.

Edin City 2-0 up in their play off game against Annan.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue May 10, 2022 9:09 pm

Yeh rode their luck a couple of times but I suspect Dick will be delighted to head back down the road knowing home advantage should see them prevail.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue May 10, 2022 11:19 pm

Definitely finely balanced. I hope whoever wins this tie gets promoted.

Hope Edin City go up too, would be a little ironic too given this season was their worst in terms of contention for promotion… they have always been likely to finish 4th this season, whereas they were title contenders in previous seasons but failed to go up.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed May 11, 2022 10:33 am

Auld Nick wrote:Definitely finely balanced. I hope whoever wins this tie gets promoted.

Hope Edin City go up too, would be a little ironic too given this season was their worst in terms of contention for promotion… they have always been likely to finish 4th this season, whereas they were title contenders in previous seasons but failed to go up.

Apparently the Edinburgh City game was on Alba. I'd like to have watched it. Seems a bit daft scheduling both games at the same time.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 11, 2022 12:55 pm

orco wrote:
    Auld Nick wrote:Definitely finely balanced. I hope whoever wins this tie gets promoted.

Apparently the Edinburgh City game was on Alba. I'd like to have watched it. Seems a bit daft scheduling both games at the same time.

Could watch it on iplayer still, if you don't mind already knowing the score. Think it was a better game than the ICT v Arbroath anyway, at least there was goals in it.

The Fri night game should be better, all guns blazing knowing someone has to win that game, which will take it out of the players of the team progressing to the final 2 games. Only good thing for them is Dundee winning last night means St Johnstone still have to play a competitive game tonight, hopefully they lose and are having to go into the final league game with something still to play for, or i'd imagine Davidson would rest up players.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu May 12, 2022 8:36 pm

QP 0-0 Airdrie HT.

Some experienced players QP have, Peter Grant, Simon Murray, Jai Quitongo. Murray was the golden boy at Dundee Utd a few seasons back, moving to Hibs, and Quitongo was the same at Morton, sure Grant played for Falkirk.

Some ex Livi players in the Airdrie team, Callum Fordyce, Dylan Easton, and Adam Frizzell who was on loan to us from Killie.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu May 12, 2022 9:07 pm

Simon Murray putting QP 1-0 up.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu May 12, 2022 9:19 pm

Airdrie equalising from the pen spot, Airdrie back in the game.

1-1 FT, all to play for on Sunday.

Everyone going on about Airdrie getting it back to theirs and playing on a better surface, plastic. What about grass is always better than plastic, refreshing to see not everyone is an blinkered grass idiot.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri May 13, 2022 8:41 pm

Whatching Arbroath v Caley.Terrible first half from both.Arbroath slightly the better team,but got to take their chances,especially big Jack.Hopefully a better 2nd half,can't call it.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri May 13, 2022 9:52 pm

From what I've seen so far the St Johnstone Divers don't have anything to worry about. Sadly.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri May 13, 2022 9:54 pm

Unfortunately I can’t see either of them troubling St Johnstone.

Wind may be spoiling the game but it has been pretty poor stuff.

Glad to see Edinburgh City have won promotion, lost 2-1 on the night but their goal was a worldy and Brian Scwake got MotM

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 11:18 pm