The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Premiership Predictor 22/23 season

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Premiership Predictor 22/23 season Empty Premiership Predictor 22/23 season

Post by Liviforever Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:17 pm

Troy

Premiership Predictor 22/23 season Empty Re: Premiership Predictor 22/23 season

Post by Troy Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:32 pm

Top 4 L/F.Wow.Il have some of what your drinking.🤣🍻🙈.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:54 pm

Troy wrote:Top 4 L/F.Wow.Il have some of what your drinking.🤣🍻🙈.

Top 3 are easy, after that there isn't any reason for us not to be 4th, can't see any stand outs tbh. Hibs are absolutely all over the place going by their fans heads gone posts, same with Motherwell fans not being impressed with their manager, and St Mirren being a mini Motherwell. Dundee Utd may well be 4th but hoping playing in Europe will knacker their league campaign for us to get above them. Aberdeen will have a huge overhaul this season and prob be a while getting their team gelled, County have lost their star player and top goal scorer, and his goals made a huge difference to them last season, don't fancy St Johnstone being any better than last season.

Basically feck it, why not have us 4th, only really 3 teams that look a lot better than us.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:06 pm

Yep,understand your logic mate.Will be interesting as the season progresses to see if after a shitey start we get our arses into gear and possibly challenge for that top six again.Just no jibes from Davie about guaranteeing that this team won't get relegated.Couldnt go through that again.Just keep stoom gaffer.🤣👍.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:12 pm

Premiership Predictor 22/23 season Scot-Prem-predictor2223-add9a87293b80e86f75bcdb4e485b2d6

This is pretty optimistic from me when you consider I normally expect less
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:07 am

Yep decent optimism Bertie, but no danger Hibs are finishing above us, they're a shambles, even worse than last season.

Too late Troy, Davie isn't playing it coy this season, with the usual we're hoping for 10th place kidology, he's already saying we're going for top 6. We've had 2 seasons finishing top 6 and narrowly missed out on it last season, aiming for 10th is a nonsense for us now. It hasn't been luck we've consistently punched above our weight budget wise, we've shown we're top 6 contenders 3 seasons running, that's where we're looking to be.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jul 28, 2022 6:55 am

Yeah, he came out with that and then we lost to Caley; I agree with Troy, he should keep quiet. Absolutely fine with the ambition but keep it in house.

Even the pundits aren’t tipping us to go down this season so no real benefit from broadcasting the goals for the season. He might as well have said we are trying to win the league.

On a side issue, Scottish football is in dire need of some kind of overhaul. The dominance of the Gruesome Twosome has never been higher. It is almost 40 years since someone outside of those 2 won the league and the primary premise of setting up the original Premier Division in the mid 70’s was to encourage teams to challenge them & that was towards the end of Celtic’s original 9 in a row. Aberdeen & Dundee United managed it within 10 years & Hearts went oh so close within 12 years but it’s been green or blue ribbons on the trophy ever since. The duopoly has never been stronger & the gap will never close under the current format.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:23 pm

Bit of a difference saying we're aiming to win the league, we've already done top 6 twice just recently, to my knowledge we haven't won the top flight......................yet.lol!  

Also said we wouldn't be relegated last season after having a bad start and being bottom, been proven right so far. I'm guessing a European spot is where our players will be aiming for, having been close one season, and seeing the team who scraped past us get one last season, but top 6 is suffice. Cool Not as if Martindale is doing a Tony Fitzpatrick saying top 6 is where we SHOULD be, when St Mirren have NEVER been top 6, he's just saying that's where we're aiming for, having been there a few times already.

Only way anyone is closing the gap on the erse cheeks is having a handicap system against them, where they both start the league minus 30 pts, just too much of a financial advantage to them both. Or if some hollywood star/arab billionaire comes along wanting a wee love affair with a Scottish team and pumps a few hundred million at it. It would all end in tears right enough, but the ride would be interesting.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:10 pm

One way of levelling the playing field would be to have a salary cap, it would need to be set at a level that 4 or 5 could afford. That will never happen though because of the way the league is structured. Not enough clubs would vote it in.

The only other way a team will challenge them is if they hit a perfect storm (similar to Leicester when they won the league down south) of having a settled team/squad, getting lucky with no injuries & few suspensions, getting the rub of the green when it comes to luck, having no external distractions & the cheeks each getting more injuries & suspensions than usual (fat chance of the latter happening in this country with the refs all being witless wonders).
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:36 pm

Maybe switch County with Killie now after seeing both play, County have gotten themselves another great looking attacking player on loan, could even be just as good as Charles-Cook.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:10 pm

Martin Boyle is back at Hibs, that changes things massively for them, he's a goal machine and pain in the arse for diving and winning fouls/pens.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:21 pm

Much of what I thought was going to happen today.County succuming to Septic again.Killie at Castle greyskull,predictable. Christ are Mudderwell that bad.St Johnstone, great result for them.Result of the day,Aberdoon putting St Mirren to the sword, albeit big Decks getting sent off didn't help the Buddies cause.All in all great chance for the Lions tomorrow to stretch,albeit early doors.Any points will be greatfull.Good start makes the rest of the season that wee bit more comfortable, unaccustomed as we are to that scenario. Still Mon the Lions.🦁👍👊.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:59 pm

Yeah early days but both St's and Motherwell look like being the bottom 3 teams battling for survival. Killie around 9th, us County and Hibs in a fight for top 6, Celtic, Sevco, Hearts, Utd and Aberdeen looking likely top 5.

Troy

Post by Troy Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:28 pm

Talking to P&B Tangerine fans as per tomorrow L/F.Some saying we will capatilise tomorrow due to exertions in Europe etc.F off.Not getting sucked in to that pish.As I said earlier, a lot will depend on our setup.Yeh,United will have one eye on that game in Holland. But back to the bread and butter. This game ain't gonna be easy,especially away from home.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:17 pm

Always a good time to get the erse cheeks after a European game so i agree with them. They've only had 2 days to prepare for our game too, having focused on Alkmaar up to Thurs.

On the other hand they'll be buoyed by their result and going into our game on a high, it's our job to bring them back down to earth with a bump and an early goal would take the wind out of their sails.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:25 pm

They ain't the Arse cheeks L/F.But agree best time to get them would be now.Is Davie going to be brave and start 2 up front and genuinely go for this.Going on his selections recently, I'd doubt it.But never know.Away at Tannadice,.know what I'd be looking for.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:43 pm

Hearts pumping Utd 4-1 after their 7-0 humping by Alkmaar, bit embarrassing we only managed a goal against them now, but we got them when they were on a high after beating Alkmaar 1-0, they seem to be in freefall now.

I may have overestimated Utd's season finish. Laughing
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:09 am

I think United will sort themselves out but we have no reason to think they will finish above us.

Hearts played well yesterday, MacKay is playing superbly at the moment.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:48 pm

It's interesting reading other fan's forums, and how quickly euphoria turns to despair, Utd fans were world beaters going into our game after winning 1-0 against Alkmaar. They thought they were heading for a 3rd place challenge with Hearts, now after two weeks and 3 defeats (2 of which have been pumpings), they're in despair looking relegation in the face. That's fans for you all over. lol!

St Mirren game is huge for them now to stop the rot, lose or draw that game then they have Celtic, which going on their last 2 performances could go into a double figures defeat, then confidence and moral would be rock bottom.

To role out well used phrases, it's a long season, and as St Johnstone and County have shown, you can have horrendous starts and still get it together for a top 6 finish, and vice versa with Aberdeen and Hibs last season. But i'd rather have the start we're having this season than the one we had last.
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:25 pm

Big thing for us at the moment is keeping this squad together.Im pleasantly surprised by our unaccustomed good start to the campaign. But things could change if we were to lose key players in this window dramatically. Personally cant wait till it closes, though I appreciate the financial implications to the club.Theirs a good feeling about the club on and off the pitch at the moment exemplified on Saturday. Hopefully it continues for as long as possible 🙏 🤞🦁👍.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:41 pm

Liviforever wrote:Hearts pumping Utd 4-1 after their 7-0 humping by Alkmaar, bit embarrassing we only managed a goal against them now, but we got them when they were on a high after beating Alkmaar 1-0, they seem to be in freefall now.

I may have overestimated Utd's season finish. Laughing

I was thinking along those lines too but the humpings were when they were playing away. We got them in front of their home fans at Tannadice. I was just happy with any kind of win.

PS Hope Devlin is ok for Motherwell. 🤞
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:19 am

Actually think we have great cover for Devlin in Brandon, looks lively and quick. Obv hope Devlin is ok too, but good to see we have assembled a good squad that covers all areas. Only places we were short was in goals and up front, but the arrival of George sorted the GK problem, and Joel turning into a goal scoring No9 has sorted up front too, giving us 3 strikers now.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:48 pm

Someone getting an even bigger pumping than us, Dundee Utd 0-9 Celtic.

Good to see our cup opponents will be even more demoralised than us, esp getting humped by that many at home, away you kinda expect it, but shouldn't be getting absolutely hammered at home by them.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:35 pm

Well after seeing us playing everyone bar Celtic, my opinion/prediction has changed a bit. Killie are mince, so is County, barring massive signings in January those two look like bottom 2 candidates.

Hearts have struggled with injuries to key players and the toll playing in Europe is taking on their league campaign too, but i suspect they're rally once the likes of Halkett is back fit and they're out of Europe come January, and will be up there in 3rd or 4th place.

Aberdeen and Hibs are better than i thought they'd be, but still very inconsistent, think they'll both be top 6 but don't see why we can't finish above at least one of them.

Still confident we'll be top 6, somewhere between 4th and 6th is achievable for us.

Premiership Predictor 22/23 season Revise10
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:49 pm

Saturdays result was huge for us imo.Yeh,we could sneak into the top 6.Its tight from top to bottom relatively. Still a long way to go but a steady start from us arguably. I said a safe 8th at the start and reluctantly I'll stick to that.But of course any higher would be a bonus,especially if we can take the numerous chances that we get,next two games being the exception. 🤞.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:36 am