The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Scottish Cup Draw.

Troy

Scottish Cup Draw. Empty Scottish Cup Draw.

Post by Troy Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:33 pm

So a home tie in the next round for us yay.Inverness or Queens Park.Dont mind either to be honest.The sentimentalist among us will probably want Caley.But don't discount QP.Theyr having a great season and in my opinion would be a tougher test than Caley.Anyway happy either way.🏆👍🦁.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Scottish Cup Draw. Empty Re: Scottish Cup Draw.

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:30 pm

Home tie and avoided the erse cheeks and Hearts, that'll do Livi, that'll do.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:50 am

Bit of a farcical draw, I watched on YouTube but had it muted. Shaun Maloney looked like he was auditioning for the next Zoolander movie and couldn’t tell the difference between 6 & 9 causing the caption to show us at home to Falkirk before they got it corrected.

After their performance on Monday, I’m glad we avoided Darvel!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:40 pm

Only teams i'm glad we avoided are Celtic and Sevco, didn't particularly want Hearts either right enough but i'd take them at home, we always seem to get them at Tynecastle in the cup draws.

Can't wait for big Nouble to get back playing either, him and an in form Anderson would give us a tremendous chance of getting to Hampden in the Scottish cup. Esp when we've got Stephen Kelly and Bradley hitting good form too, and chipping in with goals.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 01, 2023 12:59 am

QP beat Inverness but have played an ineligible player, so could be ICT we'll play.

Euan Henderson joined on loan from Hearts after the tie was postponed on 21 January, but Scottish FA rules state that only those registered before the initial date are permitted to play.

It remains unclear what the punishment might be but it could render this victory, earned with goals by Dom Thomas and Scott Williamson, moot.

Queen's Park thought they had set up a tie at Livingston but it may be that the top-flight side will welcome Inverness Caledonian Thistle instead next weekend.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:26 am

Said before hand I'd prefer to play Caley as opposed to Queens as I thought Queens would be a tougher proposition. But theve lost Simon Murray to County.All speculation I guess so we'll just have to see what happens 🤷‍�.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:58 pm

I'd prefer to play Queens especially with Simon Murray away to County. Caley have a habit of making life hard for us. They put us out of this cup just 3 years ago. But what will be will be.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:55 pm

Troy wrote:Said before hand I'd prefer to play Caley as opposed to Queens as I thought Queens would be a tougher proposition. But theve lost Simon Murray to County.All speculation I guess so we'll just have to see what happens 🤷‍�.

I think you're right Troy, even without Murray they've just beaten Ayr and ICT, shite thing to happen for QP's fans but it does look favourable for us not having to play the Championship's best team.

Last edited by Liviforever on Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:01 pm

Yeh,I was hoping to avoid Queens, shame how it worked out.Not discounting Caley,but if we're at full strength 💪 I fully expect us to progress to the next round.But Caley got away with one,and its the cup,so who knows?🤷‍�.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:35 pm

In this day and age it’s poor that they made such a simple error. But then maybe they want to focus on the league… I’m hoping they come up as it has been eons since they were in the top flight.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:05 am