The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Hibs v Livi.

Troy

Hibs v Livi. Empty Hibs v Livi.

Post by Troy Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:55 pm

Guess I might as well start this.Suspect a lot will depend on how much gets taken out of them tonight against Villa.Reckon after tonight the second leg will be a formality for Villa.Even so a tough encounter is instore for us on Saturday.Hopefully if they are knackered we can get in about them and take something from this.Would love Nouble to forget all the shite that's been written recently and put himself and the team first.Will be interesting to see the starting 11.Davie won't,but I'd take a point here all things considered. Notoriously hard place to go at the best of times.Do your best Livi and surprise us all.👊🦁👍.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Hibs v Livi. Empty Re: Hibs v Livi.

Post by Liviforever Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:31 pm

They've been a bit shit domestically, but still have a few dangerous players that can score goals, and more than a few that like diving in the box. Youan caused us all sorts of problems last season, but with us playing a back 3, and ditching the high line he exploited so easily, we should be a lot better equiped to deal with him.

No surprise that i fancy us to win this, 1-0 or 2-1 Livi.

PS, hopefully Boyle gets a couple of bookings and a red card for diving in the game tonight.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:18 pm

Don’t think they’ll be knackered for Saturday, they can basically go into cruise control knowing they have been outclassed by Villa.

What would have been nice would have been Villa taking 6 or 7 off them but that isn’t looking on anymore.

What is certain now is that they will be all guns blazing and all divers diving against us because they can’t afford to lose to us after 2 league defeats already.

Pen to Villa as I type… score this and 6 or 7 could be possible
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:51 pm

Villa worked the ball well, making Hibs players chase around, so that was good to see, final score is irrelevant, they'll have it out their system coming into our game. They were woeful defending set plays, just a pity we're so bad at attacking them, with most of our players well over 6ft tall too. Saw Bruce and Joel watching in the Villa end, hopefully take a few tips from how Villa ripped them open, particularly Joel, he could go to town if he was so inclined, running at them.
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:33 am

Not that I'm expecting it,but if their confidence is ow after that mauling weve got to take advantage. Hopefully raise our game,but Boyle worries me tbh.Would hate to see the ref conned by his repetitive theatrics.Beware Lions.🤷‍�.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:06 am

Troy wrote:Not that I'm expecting it,but if their confidence is ow after that mauling weve got to take advantage. Hopefully raise our game,but Boyle worries me tbh.Would hate to see the ref conned by his repetitive theatrics.Beware Lions.🤷‍�.

He did the old running alongside a defender  and throwing his leg out to be tripped routine, when in fact it was him instigating the trip, but the ref didn't fall for it. Not so sure our refs are so switched on, not to fall for his cons. He really should be booked for things like that though, he's 100% trying to cheat, trying to con a penalty
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:59 pm

Wouldn't trust our refs as far as I could throw them.Hopefully Davie has warned our defenders of the threat he poses,especially with his diving.Gets away with murder as Orco has pointed out on numerous occasions. 🤔.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:13 pm

No excuses for VAR not seeing things like that, so far i don't think there has been any controversial VAR incidents. Def not noticed it as much in games so far, even came to our rescue against Sevco at Ibrox, to rule out their goal. Lost count of the amount of goals they've had against us pre VAR that were offside, or some other incident where it shouldn't count.

Hibs v Livi. Web_ca62

With VAR being there you'd think Boyle would wind it in a bit, because he should be spotted cheating, but if they don't punish him for it, there's no reason for him to do so. Glad Nisbet is away too, don't think they've replaced him with anyone as good scoring goals for them. Youan is a bit headless chicken, great pace, but poor decision making, as long as we don't leave ourselves open for him getting in behind us, like we did last season playing a suicidal high line against him.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:38 pm

I hope Craig Napier doesn't become a key player in this one. He was the ref at Easter Road last season when Jason Holt was sent off. I was at that game and he fell for the Hibs play acting all game. It's a difficult one being away from home. I'd definitely take a draw.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:13 pm

I love it when we beat them, love it. lol!
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:47 pm

Just back.Parking around Easter Road bloody nightmare.Missed the first ten mins.Anyway to the game.Should have been more comfortable than than the scoreline suggested. Looking forward to seeing the highlights. Yeh,Hibs definitely had an understandable reaction from the other night, we took advantage as id hoped for and more than deserved to come away with those 3 valuable points.Hands up,like Orco,id have taken a point here,but to get 3.Magnificent.Drink starting to take effect, but correct me if I'm wrong. Aberdeen well earned point,For 75mins well in it at castle greyskull.Comfortable win v Ayrshire.And today against Edinburgh 🇮🇪.Yeh,their in free fall,but 3 points at Easter Rd.Il take that anyday. Where's the fridge. ⬆⬆⬆🦁🍻🍻🍻😂.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:19 pm

Well take a bow Mr Craig Napier. He actually booked a Hibs player for diving and ignored a few others. He's not the greatest of referees but credit where it is due.
    A pleasing scoreline that could have been more. Not complaining though. Poor wee Lee Johnstone couldn't even blame the pitch today. Wee shame. Hibs v Livi. 1f60b
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:20 pm

Had us down as 1-0 or 2-1 winners, but i'll take 3-2. Very Happy

Best i've seen Nouble for a long time, he showed flashes of that against Ayr with his through balls, but he absolutely ran the show today, sending Penrice on his way twice, and the ball to Sangare. Could've had a couple himself too, just needed to lift the ball instead of hitting it low. Bruce also could've had another goal, being through for a hit, but snapped at it.

Final score flattered Hibs, we were easily the better team and could've been 4-1 up just before they got their 2nd. Back three did well too, dealt with almost every ball into the box, only time Hibs got in behind us and Boyle scored, but their celebrations were short lived, with Bruce putting us back ahead.

Icing on the cake was Sangare's goal, what a hit.

The ref even had a decent game, seeing Hibs diving for what it was, and ignoring the hand ball on Obileye, hit at him from a couple of yards, and seeing he had his arms in at his body as he turned away from the shot.

4pts from our first 3 games against Aberdeen, and Sevco & Hibs away is pretty good, lets keep it going for our home game against St Mirren. bounce
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:12 am

Yeah, I’d have bitten your hand off if you’d offered me 4 points from the opening 3 games. I suspect St Mirren will be a lot tougher next week than it looked in the highlights for yesterday. My only grumble in the highlights was it looked like Boyle dived in the box and got away with it but at least didn’t get the pen that he was trying to con the ref into giving. Then he goes and scores a decent goal by showing what he is capable of if he would just stop cheating and concentrate on playing.

Thought Shamal should have done better at the second goal.

It was a hard watch on Soccer Saturday when that went in, Twitter feed, Sky scores app and Sky itself didn’t update us with the FT score until the classified results got to our division. The app had us playing well over 100 mins Laughing
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:12 am

They stole about 12 yards for the throw in that Boyle ran onto, which is how he got the drop on Obileye running in behind him, it was the only time all game we were caught out like that. Yeah he absolutely dived throwing his leg out again, should really be getting booked for that, he does it that often.

Was good seeing us being so quick on the attack, not faffing around bringing it up slowly, then turning back time and again, Nouble esp was our winger/midfield talisman making all the through ball passes sending us on our way, and Penrice thrived getting down the wing and putting in crosses.

We wont get that room in every game though, esp playing at home, where teams will sit in more, but it was great seeing us being so attacking playing away to one of the top 6 teams (from last season), and not doing what we kept doing last season in these type of games, showing them far too much respect sitting in and being bombarded. As i already said too, we let them come down the wings, forcing them into hitting high balls into our box, and our back 3 cleared anything that came their way, we're looking a lot stronger in the air this season.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:28 pm

We've had a tough start playing Aberdeen and Sevco, and are flying under the radar just now, though not surprising, the pundits always ignore us and focus on other teams. Even yesterday it was all about how poor Hibs were, and Livi shouldn't be beating them at Easter rd, with the no disrespect to Livi, before disrespecting us.

Killie deservedly got plaudits for beating Sevco, then knocking out Celtic, and St Mirren gets lots of praise too and sitting on 6pts, but looking at the table now, we're right up there with Killie and are also in the quarter final, and a win at home against St Mirren next week could see us go above them, depending on their result against Aberdeen today.

Hibs v Livi. Web_ca63
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:28 pm

Mo licking it.

Hibs v Livi. Web_ca64

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:44 pm