The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

David Martindale

Liviforever
    Liviforever

David Martindale Empty David Martindale

Post by Liviforever Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:12 pm

A lot of talk and rumours flying about, with St Johnstone trying to nick our manager.

It would disrupt our team and have a negative effect on our chances of top flight survival, as well as him leaving us for a direct competitor, so wouldn't think there is any chance of it happening. Will be glad when we get to Saturday and still have Martindale at Livi though, as i think St Johnstone will have appointed a manager by then. Martindale is their number one target though, bit sleekit of them trying to weaken another team to give themselves a better chance of survival.
    Troy

David Martindale Empty Re: David Martindale

Post by Troy Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:51 pm

Yep agree with your comments L/F.Personally I can't see this happening.Firstly,he's too involved with the goings on at the club and has been for years.Secondly,FFS give me a break.St Johnstone!.Surely as he always proports to being honest,when he eventually leaves it will be to,with respect a better prospect than Mcdermiad Park.And lastly I reckon it would severely damage his legacy here with us after all he's done should he go there imo.Utter speculation of course.Il believe it when I see it.But for me,pure nonsense.💩.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Oct 30, 2023 9:30 pm

With regard to his self pronounced honesty… he has stated on the record that he has no desire to leave the club until such times as those who pay his wages tell him it’s time to go. So he will not leave to manage another club unless he is sacked.

As for St J being “sleekit” - every club that sacks its manager tries to get another club’s manager unless there is someone at the club already that fits the bill or someone out of work fits the bill; so it’s no more or less “sleekit” than any other club. Also sleekit implies underhanded and sneaky but this appears to be common knowledge, so it’s not “sleekit” in that sense either.

As to life at Livi AD (after Davie)… my main worry would be who replaces him? There aren’t too many outstanding candidates. Too many that have shown promise have hit the skids (eg Jack Ross) and others are at bigger clubs than us.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:37 pm

Disagree, it is sleekit, they destabalize us to gain an advantage over a team within reach to avoid relegation. Even if he sticks with Livi they've put it out there to hopefully cause ripples within the club, even if it's only for our next two games. The erse cheeks play those sneaky games too whenever they're coming up against a team they fear taking pts off them playing away from home.

Don't think he said he'd stay till he was sacked, but if an offer came in he'd discuss it with John Ward, and if he didn't think it was the right move for him he wouldn't take it. As St Johnstone are below us and currently looking like a safety net this season, i doubt Ward would be wanting him to take the job.

Short term we might get a decent enough manager, christ even John Hughes managed a cup win at Caley taking over that job, it's more long term i'd be worried about, Davie has done an outstanding job in the transitions of players leaving and signing new ones each season, on our budget it's not going to be easy finding another manager that can do that.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Oct 30, 2023 11:08 pm

He said he would be at the club as long as the club want him… same thing as I said in different words.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:48 am

Yeah i'm doing an Auld Nick and being pedantic. Laughing

That puts that to bed.

David Martindale Web_ca71

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:35 pm

After tonight’s results he’ll be spitting feathers that they refused