The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

David Martindale Livi Manager

Liviforever
    Liviforever

David Martindale Livi Manager Empty David Martindale Livi Manager

Post by Liviforever Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:23 am

Appointed manager till the end of the season.

Dodged a bullet there with County appointing John Hughes their manager, that's County def relegated then. Looking forward to his new signings in January, and the next time we play them. Gonna be hilarious watching Coll Donaldson playing it out from the back all game.

Anyways, congrats to Martindale getting the job, right appointment imo, he's already got us back playing how we play best, looking forward to seeing how far he can take us in the league, and cups.
    Troy

David Martindale Livi Manager Empty Re: David Martindale Livi Manager

Post by Troy Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:31 pm

Time will tell on his appointment i guess.Think the majority in us welcome the news.Hes taken the hotseat and will know he has to deliver within reason to stay there.Think the end of the season deal will benefit both him and the club.Add to that,its bound to have saved us a few bob with the appointment in house which will be more than welcome in these financialy restricted times. Hes had a great start and i genuinely hope it continues. Good luck Davie.🦁
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:00 pm

Yeah, can’t disagree
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:33 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Yeah, can’t disagree

Shocked

I'm going to print that post out and frame it Bertie. lol!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:17 pm

Well, it is the season of goodwill after all. sunny

I see DM has appointed Foxy as his assistant, given he’s been involved in the recent revival that seems like a good move too.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:34 pm

I concur.

I see the DR saying DM faces an SFA hearing next month for them to decide if he's a fit and proper person to manage a football team. I take it this is a formality, and we'd have sussed it all out before making his appointment official.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:35 pm

Bit like the looneys deciding if the doctors are suitable to run the asylum if you ask me.
    Most of the SFA beaks wouldn’t know a fit & proper person even if they had a label on their foreheads declaring them as such.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:02 pm

Appointing John Hughes as their guy to coach coaches says it all. The job he was doing before the County job.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:57 pm

Liviforever wrote:Appointing John Hughes as their guy to coach coaches says it all. The job he was doing before the County job.

Didn't know that. Rolling Eyes
    I've heard it all now. Laughing

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:14 am

Similarly unaware of that... I mean credit where it is due... playing out from the back can be a joy to watch... we have all admired Pep’s Barcelona & the few years after he left, the Pep City that racked up 198 points in 2 seasons, the Liverpool that went toe to toe with them & then surpassed (no pun intended) them, the Spanish national team that won 3 titles in a row, Bielsa’s Leeds when it works.

That last one though shows the downside as well as the upside because for every “Leeds 5 Newcastle 2” there is a “Man U 6 Leeds 2” - for every “Villa 0 Leeds 3” there is a “Palace 4 Leeds 1” - Leeds are probably good enough to play that way against certain opposition but not against all.

It worked for us in the first couple of games that the two Johnnies were in charge but as soon as the team were pressed high by opponents they panicked - because they weren’t good enough to play that way all the time. But Hughes/Collins insisted on playing that way regardless even when it wasn’t working & when you do the same things over and over again expecting different results.... insanity.

Which brings me back to the point I made earlier Laughing

Interesting too that our recent successes have been built on us doing the high pressing...
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:56 pm

Can’t find the thread where LF mentions that he was enjoying DM’s after match comments as they were not the same old cliches. Have to say I wasn’t too impressed by what he said after the Killie game... admittedly it wasn’t a tired old cliche but it was a little banal, “What a brilliant way to win a match, fantastic” - Brilliant & fantastic then made another appearance shortly afterward & were seized on by Steven Thompson.

In DM’s defence, he was right, it is a brilliant way to win when you score with effectively the last kick but he could have been a little more insightful.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:13 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Can’t find the thread where LF mentions that he was enjoying DM’s after match comments as they were not the same old cliches. Have to say I wasn’t too impressed by what he said after the Killie game... admittedly it wasn’t a tired old cliche but it was a little banal, “What a brilliant way to win a match, fantastic” - Brilliant & fantastic then made another appearance shortly afterward & were seized on by Steven Thompson.

In DM’s defence, he was right, it is a brilliant way to win when you score with effectively the last kick but he could have been a little more insightful.

Bit like interviewing athletes straight after a race, where the poor feckers are out of breath after running a marathon, or 100M in 9. 9 seconds. Think Davie was caught up in the emotions of the last second winning goal still, where like us, he had consigned himself to a draw and was elated to get all 3 points.

Martindale in his first 4 league games has just gathered the same number of points that took Holt's Livi team 15 games to accumulate, and doubled our total to 24 points. Quite an astonishing turn around.

Also blown away the away form hoodoo, 3 away wins on the bounce in the league, although 2 were on plastic so maybe they don't count. Rolling Eyes
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:39 am

Very interesting interview...

https://youtu.be/P6uXuki_tys
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:03 am

Yeh,he was very open to questions put to him.Certainly did him no harm at all.Really hope it works out for him.👍💛
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:05 pm

Congrats to DM passing the SFA's fit and proper person test, never know with them what they'll do, so fantastic to see them doing the right thing and passing him to be our manager.

He's doing an unbelievable job so far, MoTM for Dec, on his way to Jan MoTM too if he keeps this incredible run going 11 games undefeated and in a cup final.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:12 pm

Yeh, would have been a travesty had he not got it.The supporters know the work hes done for years both off and on the park.Hes got his reward and well merited.Congratulations Davie🦁
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:52 pm

Agreed. He did the crime, he did the time & he used that time to change his life & build a better future. He has shown that by making the right choices you can rehabilitate. I would also congratulate the club for their positive approach in giving folk a chance to rebuild their lives.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:26 am