The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Auld Nick
HoudaBetsy
Lexi Collector
mozam76
Contemporary
djs9750
LiviCub
Afro
Livi2IDie
cptn_hooch
Smithy
15 posters

Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v QoS (League Survival Day) - Page 3 Empty Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by Auld Nick Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:00 pm

I almost stood to attention just then!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v QoS (League Survival Day) - Page 3 Empty Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by Liviforever Fri May 01, 2015 3:50 pm

The stand up if you're Livingston at Raith has got him carried away.

Only one more sleep to the big game, it's like xmas time when you were wee*. Mon the Lions. bounce bounce bounce

*was going to write bairn but that means something different in football speak.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sat May 02, 2015 12:00 am

Loving Jay Lethal's work on P&B. Lexi I presume?
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sat May 02, 2015 12:13 am

Crawling back to fucking P&B...I'm showing my nerves here haha.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sat May 02, 2015 12:15 am

I've never been this nervous before a game. I won't sleep tonight.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 02, 2015 9:58 am

Got a good feeling Alloa will win today and Cowden are going down.

Mon the Livi Lions.
    cptn_hooch
    cptn_hooch

Post by cptn_hooch Sat May 02, 2015 10:02 am

Feels like a good day for survival! forza Livi!!!
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat May 02, 2015 10:03 am

Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    ARE WE FEKING THERE YET????
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat May 02, 2015 10:38 am

Confident but at the same time fearing the worst, even if we do get the win it's the Cowden result that decides if we're safe or in the playoffs. Early goal to settle the nerves please Livi.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sat May 02, 2015 3:49 pm

Fucking YAS!

Will post more when I'm not utterly buzzing. Well done to the players and Burchill for digging us out of a total hole. Jason Talbot should stay for ever, what a guy.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 02, 2015 6:13 pm

Durnford wrote:Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    Are we there yet?
    ARE WE FEKING THERE YET????

YES we are there, fecking yasssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!

Some game, QoS def weren't there to make up the numbers and fielded a strong team. Absolutely buzzing that we won today, well done to everyone, players, manager, fans, and anyone else connected to the club. Brilliant win.
    Contemporary
    Contemporary

Post by Contemporary Sat May 02, 2015 6:46 pm

Still hasn't sunk in. Absolutely amazing.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sat May 02, 2015 8:15 pm

The Livingston FC.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 02, 2015 8:41 pm

Smithy wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:Delighted we have got into a position where avoiding automatic relegation is in our own hands & the two sides we are competing with in this respect can't "arrange" a mutually beneficial result...at least from before kick off.

That said...as I am eternally pessimistic about our chances....Alloa & Cowdenbeath will end all square & QoS will send us down.

Liv 0 QoS 2

FG 17 mins

Brilliant Bertie keep it going

Glad to be of service!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I admit I thought some time ago we were going down & still thought it might happen even today but we have proven that we are good enough over the last month or so & given some of our displays earlier in the season, if we could have sorted the problems out at the time we'd have done a lot better over the season...but it all came down to today & while QoS weren't exactly going flat out, they certainly did an unfair amount of flattening (particularly on JT) in the first half & looked potentially dangerous & if they had managed to create a chance they would have tried to take it. We looked nervy at times but that was understandable & Kyle Jacobs has some cojones, what a superb pen in the circumstances.

Great job lads, glad beyond all measure that you proved my pessimism was misplaced. Let's hope the ownership situation gets resolved quickly now to make sure we can retain the service of Pittman in particular & as many of the guys that have been the architects of the escape tunnel as possible.

We are staying up & we can move the club forward next season!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 02, 2015 10:53 pm

Some penalty by Kyle.

AVVIN IT!!!!!!
    mozam76
    mozam76

Post by mozam76 Sun May 03, 2015 12:09 am

Have purposefully avoided this thread as my nerves couldn't take it.

This team, this club - are a changed animal over the last 6 weeks. Absolute dreamland stuff.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun May 03, 2015 12:47 am

mozam76 wrote:Have purposefully avoided this thread as my nerves couldn't take it.

This team, this club - are a changed animal over the last 6 weeks. Absolute dreamland stuff.

Amazing stuff really, from the 2-2 Alloa game we've won 14 of our 27 points total in our last 7 games (4 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat to Hibs), unbelievable fighting spirit from the players to stay up.

Still can't quite believe we've secured 8th place and avoided the play offs.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun May 03, 2015 11:03 am

EdinburghLivi wrote:Loving Jay Lethal's work on P&B. Lexi I presume?

Looks like he's got 3 or 4 accounts on there now. Laughing
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sun May 03, 2015 11:21 am

I have a feeling Shagz White might be Contemporary.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sun May 03, 2015 11:30 am

Liviforever wrote:
    mozam76 wrote:Have purposefully avoided this thread as my nerves couldn't take it.

Amazing stuff really, from the 2-2 Alloa game we've won 14 of our 27 points total in our last 7 games (4 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat to Hibs), unbelievable fighting spirit from the players to stay up.

Actually think its 14 out of 21.

Sounds better if you look at the last 6 league games though - 13 points out of 18.... or 2.16 points per game.

If only we'd started the season with that form we'd have finished the season with 78 points and securely in second place.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun May 03, 2015 12:23 pm

Durnford wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:

Actually think its 14 out of 21.

Sounds better if you look at the last 6 league games though - 13 points out of 18.... or 2.16 points per game.

If only we'd started the season with that form we'd have finished the season with 78 points and securely in second place.

The 27 is our points total for the season D, we got 14 of them in our last 7 league games, plus winning a cup final in between that run.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sun May 03, 2015 12:37 pm

Liviforever wrote:The 27 is our points total for the season D, we got 14 of them in our last 7 league games, plus winning a cup final in between that run.

Apologies; I misread.

Still doesn't take anything of our performance since the cup final - diddy cup or not it was hugely significant for us.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sun May 03, 2015 12:58 pm

As an aside - Russell went around hugging a large number of our players after the game

I was trying to remember those player he would acrtually have played in a team with:

Kyle and Keaghan obviously
    Talbot
    Fordyce
    JD - as substitute goalkeeper for virtually the entire season.
    O'Brien

Was Mullen appearing on the bench in 2012/13?

Last edited by Durnford on Sun May 03, 2015 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun May 03, 2015 1:14 pm

Durnford wrote:As an aside - Russell went around hugging a large number of our players after the game

I was trying to remember those player he would acrtually have played in a team with:

Talbot
    Fordyce
    O'Brien

Was Mullen appearing on the bench in 1012/13?

Yeah Mullen and Lander got a couple of games that season, think they both scored in a win against Dumbarton away, DJ was starting to get the odd game too.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sun May 03, 2015 2:25 pm

Durnford wrote:As an aside - Russell went around hugging a large number of our players after the game

Talbot
    Fordyce
    O'Brien

Was Mullen appearing on the bench in 1012/13?

He's still a young guy, doubt he's been here over 1000 years... Wink

Still buzzing after yesterday. A few months ago almost all of us had accepted relegation, and if you thought otherwise you probably would have been laughed at. What a turn around Burchill's made, Pittman and Cole have made a massive difference too.

Almost 2,500 at yesterday's game, hopefully see that kind of turn out more often next season if we can get the prices right.

Now just to wait for Rankine to fuck off so we can get this embargo lifted and sign a few of these guys back along with a few new faces.

To go from being bottom of the league and 11 points behind Cowdenbeath at some point a few weeks ago, to 8th and safe is a brilliant achievement. I fucking love Livingston FC.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:25 pm