The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Auld Nick
HoudaBetsy
Lexi Collector
mozam76
Contemporary
djs9750
LiviCub
Afro
Livi2IDie
cptn_hooch
Smithy
15 posters

Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Durnford

Livi v QoS (League Survival Day) - Page 4 Empty Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by Durnford Sun May 03, 2015 2:53 pm

LiviLion wrote:
    Durnford wrote:As an aside - Russell went around hugging a large number of our players after the game

I was trying to remember those player he would acrtually have played in a team with:

Kyle and Keaghan obviously
    Talbot
    Fordyce
    JD - as substitute goalkeeper for virtually the entire season.
    O'Brien

Was Mullen appearing on the bench in 1012/13?

He's still a young guy, doubt he's been here over 1000 years... Wink

Over a thousand years? its only 14:53 now.

Okay I'll give you that one bounce

Yes - getting a suitable replacement for Rankin so that Burchill can start looking at renewing some contracts must be high on the agenda.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v QoS (League Survival Day) - Page 4 Empty Re: Livi v QoS (League Survival Day)

Post by Liviforever Sun May 03, 2015 3:59 pm

Yeah before Raith make a move on our players with them being out of contract. In fact Raith may make a move on signing Burchill for their vacant managers job, think Dunfermline are also looking for a manager.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun May 03, 2015 4:27 pm

The Cowdenbeath game was the one that turned the season round
    Big Whites two goals in that game were so so valuable
    If we had lost tjat game and lets not kid ourselves thats what we were looking at but then Hippo swung in a great ball and the Big Man hammered home the header that sent the fans imto raptures

Somrthing changed that day in the league as White slotted away the winner and reacted so well with the fans

Players managememt and fans were as one that day and the great escape was on
    Well done to the team management and the fans

What an end to the season
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sun May 03, 2015 5:26 pm

I never bloody thought I'd say this, especially when we hadn't won in 487 games, but fair play to you Smithy. You backed big White from the start, and said we'd get out of the hole we were in. I actually thought we looked more of a threat when White came on, he's really developed well into becoming a nuisance for defenders, holding the ball up and bringing the wide players and midfielders into play. Would defo keep, which is something I would not have said in February, for example.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sun May 03, 2015 5:38 pm

Hahaha aye Shags White on P&B is Contemporary on here, I text him to ask. Was sitting in the boozer after the game with him yesterday and we were laughing and joking saying we reckon Big White is a massive shagger. Bet he was romping all night long last night. Good solid player as well, he's had a massive impact on our survival and seems like a top bloke. Glad he's here for another season, I think people sometimes forget he was one of the top scorers in the division which is a good achievement for the lad.

Don't really know what to say about yesterday. Really didn't enjoy the game 'til we scored and then we looked so comfortable. It was a great day and a great achievement. Well done to all the players, as they stepped up hugely since the Challenge Cup final and showed just how good a team we are. Was great seeing Iain Russell there as well, congratulating all the players and saying hello to the fans who weren't absolute scummy enough to boo one of the biggest heroes our club has ever had. Great fella, would love to see him back here one day.

I don't think next season will be easy, I think we'll lose more than we win and I think there'll be times like this season where we moan and sulk at the team, but for the love of fuck - DO NOT GET RID OF JASON TALBOT.
    Contemporary
    Contemporary

Post by Contemporary Sun May 03, 2015 8:27 pm

LiviLion wrote: To go from being bottom of the league and 11 points behind Cowdenbeath at some point a few weeks ago, to 8th and safe is a brilliant achievement. I fucking love Livingston FC.

It really one hell of a escape.

Winning the cup and getting to stay up. What a great month.
    Contemporary
    Contemporary

Post by Contemporary Sun May 03, 2015 8:33 pm

Lexi Collector wrote: Was great seeing Iain Russell there as well, congratulating all the players and saying hello to the fans who weren't absolute scummy enough to boo one of the biggest heroes our club has ever had. Great fella, would love to see him back here one day.

There was no need to boo him.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun May 03, 2015 10:34 pm

Dunno the first league win after the cup final was Falkirk at home, that was massive as Falkirk had beaten us at our ground and theirs and were going for 4th place, Mullen scored both our goals in that game and lifted the fans for the Cowden game. The fans were well up for it even before the whistle and got behind the team even when Cowden scored. We even learned to see out a game once we got ahead, total transformation to the team, they have all got mentally tough this last wee while.

Every single point from the 2-2 Alloa fight back in March counted in our 8th place and safety, and each and every game we took a point was crucial, even our goal dif counted.

White and Mullen were scoring for fun in April, and Hippo was fantastic too, as were all our players really.  Even Boulding and Sekajja played their part.

Got to admit I was bursting for White to come on yesterday as it didn't look like we were going to score, didn't think taking Hippo off was a good idea as he puts balls into White, but wee Danny got us a penalty so that worked out well too.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v QoS (League Survival Day) - Page 4 Empty Final Day

Post by Liviforever Mon May 04, 2015 12:51 pm

Alloa v Cowden goals/Livi v QoS magnificent win

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/32568731

Love it. cheers

Ta ta Cowden. Razz

Just seen this on our OS twitter, brilliant.

Livi v QoS (League Survival Day) - Page 4 ADuzO
    HoudaBetsy
    HoudaBetsy

Post by HoudaBetsy Mon May 04, 2015 10:24 pm

Liviforever wrote:Alloa v Cowden goals/Livi v QoS magnificent win

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/32568731

Love it. cheers

Ta ta Cowden. Razz

Just seen this on our OS twitter, brilliant.

Livi v QoS (League Survival Day) - Page 4 ADuzO

Love it, ordered it as a canvas too.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue May 05, 2015 11:05 am

Great to see so many good wishes on the official site from previous Livi players including Rubio; Davie Bingham; Scougall; McNulty; McCann and Donaldson
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue May 05, 2015 1:14 pm

Simon Mensing too.

None of the Raith exl Livi players wishing us well? Suppose they can't when they are in the same league as us, though to be fair to them they've given us 9 goals and 6 point in our last two games against them, with Barr even scoring in his own net. Laughing
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed May 06, 2015 12:06 am

In our last two games at their place....they beat as twice at ours & we didn't score!
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed May 06, 2015 1:06 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:In our last two games at their place....they beat as twice at ours & we didn't score!

Was thinking the same but didn't want to tempt fate.

It seemed like just days before the start of the new season before they decided to put us down.

Wouldn't put anything past them.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed May 06, 2015 8:12 pm

Have some posts been deleted on here? Durnford's comments to his quote of me look more like they were intended for another post in which I suggested the Blazers might try to stick it to us again. LF then said they couldn't & I said they have before. Which seems to be the context of D's post above.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed May 06, 2015 10:07 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Have some posts been deleted on here? Durnford's comments to his quote of me look more like they were intended for another post in which I suggested the Blazers might try to stick it to us again. LF then said they couldn't & I said they have before. Which seems to be the context of D's post above.

Yes; something's gone. I was responding to your comment that they had dropped us down two divisions - how strange.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 06, 2015 10:09 pm

Think he made a mistake Bertie and posted them on this thread by mistake. Your post is on the PoTY thread.

I quoted D's post along with yours on the Nixon/Rankine thread and made a comment under them, thought it was a more suitable thread to discuss it. Smile
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed May 06, 2015 11:28 pm

Well done that man...we had gone off topic after all, just shows how conversations develop though alien
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu May 07, 2015 4:46 pm

Having watched the LiviTV feed I have to say the penalty looks a sonewaller:

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu May 07, 2015 7:30 pm

Looked a def pen from where I was sitting, have said that on P&B when the QoS fans were saying it was a dive. Kidd comes over with his arm then goes into Mullen in a clumsy challenge. Doesn't take much to knock Mullen down at the best of times so wouldn't accuse him of just falling down, only decision for me is if it was  enough to warrant a pen or not. From that angle and where Collum was it certainly looks a clumsy challenge going into Mullen.

Actually thought he should've had one earlier with a much stronger claim but Collum didn't give us one.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Thu May 07, 2015 7:54 pm

Agree with you LF, in the earlier one Mullen was thru with only the keeper to beat.

Kyle was so focused & composed in the face of the QoS gamesmanship & the ref making him reset the ball.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Thu May 07, 2015 9:22 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Agree with you LF, in the earlier one Mullen was thru with only the keeper to beat.

Kyle was so focused & composed in the face of the QoS gamesmanship & the ref making him reset the ball.

Actually I hadn't noticed before but it was a really good ball passed by Kyle to Mullen; he didn't even have to break stride.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Fri May 08, 2015 10:56 am

I certainly didn't delete any posts on this thread, folks. There's only one other mod and I don't think he's posted on here for months.

Still looks like a soft pen to me but I couldn't care less. The one before that was much more of a penalty.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri May 08, 2015 5:41 pm

No worries EL; LF moved the posts to a more appropriate thread
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri May 08, 2015 8:29 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:No worries EL; LF moved the posts to a more appropriate thread

Yeah i quoted Durnford's post from this thread and your post from the the PoTY thread, then moved the conversation into the Rankine thread when I made a reply to it. I didn't want to completely take the PoTY thread off track talking about being hit with a demotion due to Rankines still having his shares.

Durnford quoted a post you made on this thread but was actually replying to what you posted on the PoTY thread. I knew that as it was me you were having the convo with on both threads and I clicked what had happened.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:08 pm