The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Durnford
Auld Nick
LiviLion
orco
Smithy
fanfromday1
Lexi Collector
Liviforever
Contemporary
LiviCub
14 posters

Livi v Raith

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Raith Empty Livi v Raith

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:45 pm

Seen as there has already been talk of this game I may as well start the match thread.

I've been looking forward to playing Raith again after feeling peeved at how the last game against them went, we started well and looked all over them and then the ref changed the game with a delayed pen award. Def didn't think the scoreline was a reflection of the game and want to see us set things right with a win against them.

I'd like to see the same starting line up again for this game, it worked a treat so why change it.

Still think White plays well alongside Sheerin, and even though Sheerin is missing his chances he'll create space for White. Glen plays well alongside White too, they seem to have a good understanding of one another's play. Buchanan has such energy and movement he's a great sub to have in the 2nd half, and will come on buzzing to score.

We're at long last looking solid at the back as well, and seem to have a bit of backbone on midfield, all that was missing was getting those goals and the 3pts, now we need to show a bit of consistency and get some more.

Again going for the what the heck prediction: 3-1 Livi, fg 8 mins.
    Achilles
    Achilles

Livi v Raith Empty Re: Livi v Raith

Post by Achilles Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:51 pm

I work beside a guy who spends his Saturday's doing the match stats for games and is regularly covering Raith. He is astonished at how well they are doing as they are apparently rank rotten.
    Gives me more confidence going ahead to Saturday's game.

The problem is, us winning 2 in a row just seems mad. I really hope we tank this mob again, get back to normal service.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:20 am

Raif - bit of a diddy team that we usually take 9/10 points off in a season, but our standards slipped big time against them last season an we only took 6. That as well as the opening day of the season fuckery. I think we've gotta win and start a run of good form here to put us in contention of having a real go at finishing above 9th place. Same team as last week please Mr Burchill, and lets go out to attack them and score some goals, because we should be beating Raif at home. They always start well and fade away around October/November, so lets start the decline here.

Their fans are a right bunch of greeting face bastards. Having a good season by their standards but whenever I read comments from their fans their moaning and complaining. They're just an irritating club and one we're used to beating.

Looking forward to going down and sticking some money in TLR sponsorship fund! I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we turn up, fuck about and lose 2-0 though.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:27 am

Would be great to get another three points then move onto Greenock. Hopefully we can get a run going like we did at the end of last season.

Early prediction v Raith

3- 1 first goal 22 mins
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:22 pm

Lexi Collector wrote: They're just an irritating club and one we're used to beating.

Don't be so sure

Livingston v RaithRovers Head-to-Head Record at The 'Vale

Results        Total                       
    Livingston       11 wins            
    Raith Rov.       11 wins
    Draws               8                
    Goals                             
    Livingston    43                   
    Raith Rov.    38

Based on these stats; Liv 1 RR 1. FG 17 mins

And for the record Rovers have won 14 of the 30 games at Starks Park to our 10 and 6 draws.

EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:43 pm

I can only presume that includes Meadowbank stats as we have dominated them for a long time.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:04 am

On further examination of where I got the stats, it does indeed include MTFC stats.

Our record as LFC is better but mainly away from home.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:10 pm

I hope we fucking do these lot.

2-1 Lions. FG 20 mins.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:06 pm

Raif are such a loser club.

That said, I think they'll win 2-1 tomorrow lol. FG 30 mins.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:41 pm

Going by last year we seem to lose after getting a win that would normally inject confidence, think Raif will win 2-1, FG 60 mins
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:17 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:On further examination of where I got the stats, it does indeed include MTFC stats.

Our record as LFC is better but mainly away from home.

Last season they beat us away from home and we absolutely horsed them away from home. This season they won at home and are winning nearly all their home games, however they've lost almost all their away games, but we're losing all our home games, so a draw then??

No idea what any of that really means but hopefully we win at home. Laughing
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:35 pm

Very similar thoughts to EL, 2-1 Raif - 28 mins.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:28 pm

Too many Bertie Bassett clones on here with the predictions.
    Mon the Livi
    Home win
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:56 pm

Smithy wrote:Too many Bertie Bassett clones on here with the predictions.
    Mon the Livi
    Home win

There isn't enough of them this week Smithy, last week we were the only 2 predicting a Livi win and we won. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:23 pm

Smithy wrote:Too many Bertie Bassett clones on here with the predictions.
    Mon the Livi
    Home win

They are all negative Nellies.... I alone have predicted a draw
    Contemporary
    Contemporary

Post by Contemporary Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:23 pm

3-2 to the AMBER MACHINE
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:50 pm

Good win, delighted to be wrong again. I thought we dominated the opening half hour and could have been out of sight. We then seemed to ease off and Rovers had a couple of chances through uncertainty at the back, mainly caused by McCallum shouting "keeper" but then not dealing with it.

Good opportunism from White on the first goal. I initially thought it was a poor cross but it hung in the air causing Cuthbert to panic and White made good use of his height.

Rovers started better in the second half but the 2nd goal killed them off. Superb corner and even better header from big Dec. The 3rd was brilliant awareness from Gibbons to nod it ahead of White and a fine finish from the latter. Easy win in the end, pity it wasn't more than 3 but that is just me being greedy.

Well done lads, 7th now, onwards and upwards, beat Morton next week and they will be in touching distance but for now the best thing is the daylight between us and Alloa.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:12 pm

Great result and everything went our way with other results too, up to 7th place we go.

Thought we were worth our lead at ht. Started well and got the goal our play deserved, makes a change. We dipped a bit later in the half and could easily have lost a goal as Raith had 2 good chances, but so did Buchanan when White put 2 excellent passes to him to get in on goal. So like I said, deserved to go in ahead.

Picked up the tempo again 2nd half and once the 2nd goal went in we were home and dry. Big White was my MoTM, put himself about and scored two goals, must start again. Still like him and Sheerin together but can't complain when you've a player like Buchanan starting with him.

Thought Faria had another good game too, gives us a solid player in midfield to break up play. Gordon and Gallagher were really solid at the back, Neil is playing beside two very good CB's and will learn a lot.

Need to keep this going and get another win next week against Morton.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:06 pm

Unfortunately I couldn't go today so I still haven't seen us win a league game since QOS.

It looks like we've finally found our first choice XI, and I'm absolutely buzzing to see Big Shags bag a couple of goals. Nice to see Deks get on the sheet too, looks like he's really starting to produce again. It's a shame because I think those horrible bastards at the Daily Record really got to him with their filth over the summer and it maybe hit him a bit, but he's a great player and smashing fella too. Prove us all wrong Mr Burchill, take us to Greenock next Saturday and lets hit 3 in a row. On paper our starting XI is very decent for this level.

Fucking yes Livingston.
    fanfromday1
    fanfromday1

Post by fanfromday1 Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:55 pm

Well that was totally unexpected but who's complaining?

Raith were a pretty poor outfit today given that they're sitting 11 points ahead of us in fourth spot.

First half I thought our old failings at the back were going to cost us, but for once we got the breaks as Raith couldn't capitalise on our mistakes. We seemed a lot better in the second half and were worthy winners in the end.

My concern today was our keeper. Very dodgy at dealing with cross balls although he made a good point blank save to keep us level at half time.

The least said about that referee and the stand-side linesman the better. Consistent at being inconsistent..... but what's new?
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:19 pm

Our keeper is OK much better than Dj has been
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:25 pm

Seems to deal with shots well, albeit Raith never had many on target, but he's a bit of a bombscare with crosses. Doesn't look comfortable at all when a ball comes in and it's frustrating how he always opts to punch the ball rather than catching it, definitely need to get him working on that.

Can't really complain too much though, good performance and a well deserved 3 points. Raith's "only good until the clocks go back" tradition looks to have continued. Hopefully the last couple of weeks show that we've turned a corner and can keep on getting wins. Hopefully start next week with a win against Morton, big game IMO.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:10 pm

Well that was a much more convincing 3-0 win than the one on the first game of the season won by Raith.
    Good all round play and lots of effort from everyone.
    Like others I am not convinced that the goalie is better than DJ. He does not deal well with crosses and corners. That was not DJ's strong point either but at least he can catch rather than punch.
    The defence is much improved and the two strikers always looked dangerous.
    Lovely to see us out of the bottom two. It would be great to take something from the next game because we then have Hibs, Rangers and Falkirk one after the other.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:36 pm

It's a strange one really, I don't actually think Raith were better before the clock went back, I thought we were the better team the first time we played them and it has been the same for most of the teams we've played, only Falkirk & Sevco have looked better than us, even against Hibs we only lost due to DJ's bad positioning at free kicks. Really don't rate Raith and can't believe where they are compared to us in the league.

McCallum has room for improvement at cross balls but at least he comes for them, DJ hardly ever moved off his line which annoyed me. His kicking has really improved so I've hope that his cross ball punches will too, really needs to get more on them to get the ball well away from the box if he's punching them.

Back to our form, have said it on here and still think it, our play has merited far more than we have and this is still a false position we're in, not going to go way over the top but I've now hope my pre season predictions will be spot on. Need to get at least a draw next week though to keep the NOT LOSING feel good factor going and I'd be confident going into the games against Hibs, Sevco & Falkirk.

Got a touch of the run in to last season about it here so lets back the team and keep it going, bursting for the Morton game now, I hate their seating but i'll be going.

Mon the Amber Machine.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:53 am

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:32 am