The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Contemporary
spiggle
LiviLion
sunderland
LiviCub
Liviforever
Achilles
EdinburghLivi
12 posters

2015 Amber Machine advent calendar

Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

2015 Amber Machine advent calendar - Page 3 Empty Re: 2015 Amber Machine advent calendar

Post by Lexi Collector Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:58 pm

Not really in the mood after todays cuntery, but I was too busy to open my calendar yesterday so today we have another rollover. Anyway, for the 11th...

2015 Amber Machine advent calendar - Page 3 12548475jpeg

It's Roddy McKenzie! Arguably the clubs greatest ever goalkeeper, McKenzie had 2 spells at Livi (03-06 & 2008-2010). He played over 120 times, and was part of the sides which won the 2004 League Cup, keeping a clean sheet in the final, and also the side which won the 3rd division title in 2010. His penalty save at home to Berwick to secure a 0-0 draw with the last kick of the game, ensured we won the title that day. Nice one Roddy!
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

2015 Amber Machine advent calendar - Page 3 Empty Re: 2015 Amber Machine advent calendar

Post by Lexi Collector Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:09 pm

And for the 12th, another man to have spent 2 spells with the club...

2015 Amber Machine advent calendar - Page 3 JS60664801-3

It's Burton O'Brien! Bobo's 2 spells with the club came in 2002-2005 and 2012-2015. He played 189 games for the club and scored 17 goals. He is the only player 2 have won 2 national cup finals for the club, these being the 2004 league cup, and most recently the Challenge Cup. O'Brien was a very solid midfielder with fantastic vision and awareness as well a fantastic ability to pass the ball. For me, he'll go down as one of the all-time greats considering what he's achieved here. His form towards the end of last season was instrumental in keeping us up, and I still feel that even this season we could do with a player of his experience and professionalism. Well done on your teams win today, Bobo, you're 1000x more of a legend than any of the current guys wearing the shirt.

Burton O'Brien has won the Scottish League Cup.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:45 am

Keep up the good work Lexi; these are dark days and the memories conjured by your advent calendar are all we have to brighten them!
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:33 am

For the 13th of December, I have a feeling this may be quite a popular one...

2015 Amber Machine advent calendar - Page 3 009__034__features__Iain_Russell__1346062488_standard

Oh my god, it's Iain Russell! Iain Russell, the Dece-merchant, Russ, Beany whatever you wanna call him, is without doubt the greatest footballer in the history of the universe. He's the best player to have ever played for Livingston and all my greatest post-childhood memories of supporting Livingston were given to me by this fantastic man. He is easily my favourite Livingston player outwith my primary school years, and just generally made the people happy. He is the best. Russell signed from Morton in 2010 following our 3rd division title win and was with the club for 3 years, helping us return to the 1st division and cement our place in that division. He was our top scorer in each of the seasons he played for us, but was eventually released for 'budgeting reasons'. In total, he played 99 times scoring 49 goals. My best memories are of him ripping Falkirk to shreds at TFS in our 5-2 win there in 2012, celebrating in front of Dumbarton fans then blowing Livi fans kisses in 2010, and ALWAYS celebrating in front of Morton fans whenever he scored against them for us. We were constantly told he'd fail in this league, but on his return to the 1st division he scored more goals per minute on the field than any other player. In the 2011-12 season he missed around 3 months of the season through injury, but still scored something like 16 league goals. Upon leaving Livi for QoS, he apparently told the local media down there that he didn't want to leave Livingston. The fans no doubt felt the same. Easily on the recent greats to have worn the shirt. Super Iain Russell.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:06 pm

Could always rely on him to score and win games against Dumbarton too, could do with him next week cause since he left we're generally shite at getting 3 points from them.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:09 pm

Yay.
    Contemporary
    Contemporary

Post by Contemporary Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:45 pm

Iain Russell. What a player. What a man. I have such fond memories of him as a player, I still remember his first goal for Livi. Myself, Lexi and a mate went all the way up to Ross County, to witness his splendid goal. A nice step over occurred before the strike if I am remember correctly.

Also, Russell was the backbone of my P&B patter during the glory days.

I love this man.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:34 pm

Linking his way through the Ross County defence before slotting it away; great goal that set the tone for the rest of his Livi career. Great personality, great guy, and great player. Was gutted when he left, and I'd still welcome him back now.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:45 pm

McKenzie - decent keeper who will go down as a legend. Wasn't that great during his second spell, had a couple of clangers, but made up for it with his penalty save against Berwick. Fair play to him as well for being part of the team which played for free between the change of ownership from Massone to the Livi 5 consortium.

Bobo - Consistent pretty much throughout his two spells and was perhaps more influential in the second spell considering the amount of praise he was getting from his team mates during the three seasons, I'm sure he got player's PotY for the season he returned. Another key player in the spine of our team during the spring earlier this year and didn't even break a sweat yesterday, tells you everything. I'd have had him over Faria any day of the week.

Russell - Certainly one of our best players since we got demoted, had no fear taking a player on, clinical in front of goal and was a wind-up merchant to the opposition and their supporters. Could easily have done with him in the side yesterday too and it's a massive disappointment that we let him go for whatever reason. Unfortunately he has a knack for scoring against us for Queens.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:08 pm

Russell has a knack of scoring against his former clubs full stop. And he celebrates the goal regardless, the way it should be done IMO.

Agree with LF on him, cost cutting or not he should have been retained as the goals he scored would have had us in contention much higher up the division and with it a much higher financial return from the league.

Always thought he had an awkward running style but he was quick, skilful and most importantly could score regularly. I have no doubt that he would have broken the club scoring record if he had stayed.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:38 pm

Popped up and scored against Raith in a dire game on Fri night, was almost as dire as ours but he's the type of player you need in those games, the difference from getting something for QoS to us getting nothing against Alloa.

What I would say to balance out some of the adulation he's getting here, he was a right moaner and sometimes got himself booked because of it, was sent off at least once due to that flaw.

Had a tendency to go down easily too which sometimes made me cringe when we got penalties. His one against Dumbarton was FAF though, purely for how much it wound up their fans. Their player pulled out the tackle and was a clear two feet away from Beany when he anticipated the challenge and took a dive, dear knows how the ref thought there was contact. Laughing

Was a brilliant player for us though and I'd say the best we've had since Griffiths left. Scougs and Sparky McNulty were fantastic too but left before we seen enough out of them to be up there with Beany.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:46 pm

Last season I thought O'Brien looked jaded in games, he was dropped for a spell and picked up again when brought back in, think he left at the right time as wouldn't have liked to have seen him going downhill with Livi. Class player with a cool head at a time we really needed him, that's how he deserved to be remembered.

Roddy was a good penalty saver, almost as good as DJ, my all time great Livi keeper is Broto, but Roddy is a legend and a CIS Cup hero. Terrible kicker of the ball though, hit the same advertising board with 95% of his kick outs, was like a magnate was drawing the ball over to the East stand. lol!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:24 pm

Liviforever wrote:Last season I thought O'Brien looked jaded in games, he was dropped for a spell and picked up again when brought back in, think he left at the right time as wouldn't have liked to have seen him going downhill with Livi. Class player with a cool head at a time we really needed him, that's how he deserved to be remembered.

Roddy was a good penalty saver, almost as good as DJ, my all time great Livi keeper is Broto, but Roddy is a legend and a CIS Cup hero. Terrible kicker of the ball though, hit the same advertising board with 95% of his kick outs, was like a magnate was drawing the ball over to the East stand. lol!

Like a successful businessman with a huge company?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:58 pm

Brain fart spelling moment, wasn't even that late at night I posted it, well not for me anyway, so no excuses about tiredness creeping in, was also sober. Laughing
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:24 pm

Bit busy to open the calendar today. I'll now be in Munich til Friday - If anyone wants to talk over until then, go ahead. If not, I'll update briefly on Friday night.
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:15 pm

Auf Weidersen Lexi. have a safe trip and keep off that German beer.Just to say someone i had completely forgot about,the juggernot that was Graham Coughlan or Psycho as he was probably better known to the Livi faithfull.Would grace any of our teams during our brief history and what a super freind to the fans off the feild.A born winner.Cheers Psycho.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:08 pm

14th - Hassan Kachloul
    15th - Keaghan Jacobs
    16th - Cherif Toure Mamam
    17th - Graham Dorrans
    18th - Jordan White
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:35 pm

What? Nae photies? Nae wee blurb about the hero behind the door?
    Just cause you've been in Deutschland?

Just cause the team put in no effort last week don't think you can get with on here Lexi!!
    Booooooooooo!!!!!
    jocolor santa rendeer
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:19 am

14 December - Hassan Kachloul

2015 Amber Machine advent calendar - Page 3 _41189547_kashloul270

Moroccan international who'd spent most of his career in the Premier League in England before joining us a free agent. He scored 2 goals in 8 games. His first ever touch of the ball for Livi was a goal; a 30-odd yard free-kick in a 1-1 draw V Dunfermline. He also scored in a win at ER towards the end of the 2004-05 season, in which we stayed up at Dundee's expense. He set up Craig Easton's goal to relegate them. This really annoyed Dundee as it turned out he was slightly ineligible signing on an amateur contract - but being given backhand payments. This seemed to annoy DAFC as well, both tried to get the SFA to send us down over him, but it didn't happen. Unlucks lads. I also have a banner with his name on it but I CBA taking it to most games.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:23 am

15 December - Keaghan Jacobs

2015 Amber Machine advent calendar - Page 3 Keaghan%20Jacobs

Spent 8 years at Livingston and was our longest serving player last season before leaving. Over 200 apps and 23 goals.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:26 am

16 December Cherif Toure Mamam

2015 Amber Machine advent calendar - Page 3 _1639100_sherifsigns300

2001-05. 35 apps, 3 goals. Also went to the 2006 World Cup with Togo.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:35 am

Can't find a decent picture of Graham Dorrans; one of the most successful players to have come out of our youth system. He played 91 times and scored 20 goals. He's also played 12 times for Scotland - now with Norwich in the Premier League.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:47 am

18th - Jordan White

2015 Amber Machine advent calendar - Page 3 _82138250_white2

Big Shags netting in the CC final last April. Wish he'd score a few more goals, tbh - but I kinda blame the manager a bit for that. No doubt he works hard and wants to score goals. Hopefully we see an improvement in him, he's doing well, but given the chance he can do better.
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:51 am

19th December:

2015 Amber Machine advent calendar - Page 3 _1979591_didiersantini150

Here's Didier Santini. Very good full-back, chopped and changed with Gary Bollan during the 2001/02 season. Played 21 times, had a lot of skill and flare about him. Good player.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:07 pm

Well done Lexi, you redeemed yourself with that little flurry...will let you off not finding a picture of Dorrans so here is one of him playing for Scotland, and don't forget he played for WBA as well.

2015 Amber Machine advent calendar - Page 3 Graham%20Dorrans%20in%20action%20for%20Scotland

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:38 am