The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
ol1vercloff
Whitburn Vale
Just in
sunderland
Afro
EdinburghLivi
LiviCub
Troy
Auld Nick
Liviforever
LiviLion
Achilles
orco
17 posters

Huns v Lions

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Huns v Lions - Page 3 Empty Re: Huns v Lions

Post by Auld Nick Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:29 pm

If they were serving mammon they would have less money troubles...
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:27 am

Yeah Orco but it's embarrassing seeing them pleading with Sevco fans to come along to our game, we're giving you a GOH so please come and give us your money, sook, sook, sook, grovel. No self respect.
    The chucking Livi fans out the AS and sticking us in the bar with no food being served still irks me too but that was Food Creations.

Both are looking for the quick buck and not bothering about the damage done long term with Livi fans with long memories. Flynn also alienated Livi fans to accommodate OF fans and some have never come back.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:27 am

I'm actually beyond the point of caring with Rangers. The sooner they're pissing off fans of the Premier League instead of teams in this league, the better.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:30 am

And to be honest, so what if it looks like a desperate plea to get more Rangers fans to this game? They're leaving this league and the same could be said for Hibs, so why not get as much out of their pocket as we can before they go? It's one last game involving a brief 20 second applause from our players and that's it.
    Whitburn Vale
    Whitburn Vale

Post by Whitburn Vale Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:53 am

Aye grin and bear it stuff,for the BIG picture is adios huns!!! It is embarrassing how we have pandered to them these past 2 seasons,particularly when you consider it at a supporters level,US and them couldn't be more different!! Get one last squeeze out of them on League business then it's ta ta. Though must add,if we are to meet again in the Cups in the future,I hope the club don't sook up for a one off cup tie,we should be as nasty as poss!!
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:03 pm

Liviforever wrote:Yeah Orco but it's embarrassing seeing them pleading with Sevco fans to come along to our game, we're giving you a GOH so please come and give us your money, sook, sook, sook, grovel. No self respect.
    The chucking Livi fans out the AS and sticking us in the bar with no food being served still irks me too but that was Food Creations.

Both are looking for the quick buck and not bothering about the damage done long term with Livi fans with long memories. Flynn also alienated Livi fans to accommodate OF fans and some have never come back.

I don't like it either. For once I'll be glad to be still in a turnstile waiting for the stragglers so won't actually have to witness it. alien
    ol1vercloff

Post by ol1vercloff Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:12 pm

Maybe we could burn an Irish Tricolour flag as the players run out before the game, just as a final apology for the old Twitter outburst? Our noses are already pretty brown after the congratulatory message on the OS and the planned Honour Guard, why not just get our faces right in there?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:44 pm

Good idea, our fans could maybe join in with a few songs from their hymn sheet, the one about some skinny guy called Robert, rule britannia, guarding some wall thingy in Derry, the battle of something that went down in 1690, stick up a few union flags and belt out GSTQ and WATP etc, would make them feel really welcome.

BTW I hope there is a pic of Lizzie in the Almondvale suite and plenty bunting up celebrating her birthday, would be a nice touch for our visitors. Might want to lay out the red carpet for them too, just in case we've not bowed down enough.

Good opportunity to make a few quid on some half in half Livi/Rangers scrarves too.
    Whitburn Vale
    Whitburn Vale

Post by Whitburn Vale Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:18 pm

Lol,well said LF!! As I said you couldn't get two sets of supporters so different,doesn't LFC realize us as a fan group do not understand or relate to anything RFC/WATP. Be glad to see the back of them and all who sail with them,as you all know we stay in an area infested with them,particularly out west where I am,they are not true football fans they know next to nothing about the football structure and all who play in it.It's a gang thing and to be a true blue you must be able to tick off all the musts in their unofficial rule book.A shower of morons one and all.LFC embarrassing themselves once more,sevco don't care about us so why the fook should we care about them!!!
    AMC13
    AMC13

Post by AMC13 Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:58 pm

Yeah completely agree with people on this. Don't get why the are club are doing it (obviously sucking up to them) shouldn't it only be done once, the first game after they win the league. I don't get it at all tbh it's only for the champions to be smug about winning the league. Nothing genuine from the applause, usually. The Sevco fans will be so proud of us, especially the ones in Livingston who claim we are their wee team
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:54 pm

This will probably be the first home game ever where I'm really, really not wanting to go. Usually games against this lot, their predecessors and their ugly cunting sisters from the East End have something to play for attached to them, but this is as pointless a game as you can get. Would like to see guys like Knox and Currie get a run out, this could be the first game we have out of 6 in the space of three weeks, so any chance to conserve energy should be taken. I also can't be arsed with the club-backed wankfest that's going to ensue all evening over these horrible cretins, so I'll pass on it.

0-3, FG 3 mins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:30 pm

If this is the thread for predicting Tuesday's game...

Huns just failed to beat Alloa...therefore they will give us as sound a whipping as we have had all season;

Toothless Lions 0 Unwashed Hordes 5 FG 13 mins
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:35 pm

Can't be arsed with this and I'll probably just stay home. Now that we have nothing to play for and Rangers are in holiday mode we might get a point.

But I can't see it, 2-0 Rangers. FG 22 mins
    AMC13
    AMC13

Post by AMC13 Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:56 pm

I don't think they will smash us (touch wood) since they have already won the league similar to their game against Alloa. Just hate feeling like a second class citizen in my own town i'll go 1-0 Rangers FG 26 mins
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:20 pm

4-0 Sevco, they had a barrel load of chances against Alloa but left their goal scoring boots in the changing room, we wont be that lucky and they'll stick a few past us. FG 8 mins Even if we actually beat them I wouldn't get excited, totally meaningless game.

I care for this game just marginally more than the GS one last week, it has about the same importance, should just be a run out to use fringe players, no point putting out our best *cough cough* players to play 3 games in a week when they'll have to be in the relegation play offs.

The fact nobody can even be arsed making a new match thread for this game shows how much we all care about it. Laughing
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:06 am

2-1 Rangers. FG 39 mins.
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:09 pm

I wish i had a magic wand so that i could just whisk us forward to these playoffs without having to suffer the inevitable embarresment of lying down to both sevco and raith.Alas i will just have to sit through this meaningless torture with the rest of you who can be arsed enough to turn up.Sorry to be so negative guys but im just about at the end of my patience with this lot.Still il be there as usual to calmly voice my opinion as to the goings on both on and off the field.Incidently i came across some old maps dating from about 14 years ago had to blow the dust off them mind you,just in case there required in about 3 months time.My god oh the thought but then again happy days.Never mind ,chins up lads,you know you want to!!!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:19 pm

14 year old maps? That was during our halcyon days in the SPL mate, we're going the other way!
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:53 pm

Sorry Bertie im obviously going a bit senile in my old age.Ive never been good with numbers or figures reminds me a wee bit about our club in a way.And i agree about which way the club is heading at the moment.However until the fat lady has sung and all that.OOFT!!!
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:00 pm

lol!
    livi96

Post by livi96 Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:36 pm

Can you buy tickets before tonight's game? I've been on holiday and not had a chance to buy i ticket!
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:46 pm

1-0 to Livi at half-time.

Matthew Knox is going to go to Rangers in the summer, isn't he?
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:04 pm

What an infuriating season.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:22 pm

Yeah typical, predict a loss and we win, don't think I've put us down to lose all season either, right next match thread, Raith 4 Livi 1. Laughing

We put out a young team there, Mullin in for Fozzy, Mullen and Knox up front, Halkett, Neill, Longridge & Kakay in defence, even White is only about 24. Wasn't at the QoS game but heard we were pretty lethargic closing players down, sure as hell weren't like that tonight so why aren't we playing with this tempo in other games?

Thought young Knox put in some good deliveries from set pieces, lovely ball in for our goal and great header into the top corner by Halkett. Kakay was good getting up the wing with runs to take the pressure off us 2nd half, Stanton was excellent and set Mullen up with a great through ball for a clear shot at goal. We actually had 4 very good chances to score and were well worth our win.

Meaningless game but it was good to see young players like Currie and Knox getting a run out, along with Sheerin, Mullin and Mullen, exactly what I was wanting. This should be a good morale boost going into the play offs. Hope Hopkin rests players against Raith though, really don't think White should be playing on Sunday, keep him rested up for Wed night, and get Knox and Mullen on again too.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:30 pm

Sorry to be saying this but it would not bother me if I never saw Fotheringham and Cole play again this season. Great enthusiasm tonight. Every player gave 100%.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:11 am