The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
livikev
gibbis
ol1vercloff
EdinburghLivi
LiviLion
sunderland
ianlivi
fanfromday1
LiviCub
AMC13
orco
Auld Nick
spiggle
Durnford
Liviforever
Afro
Achilles
forzalfc
22 posters

Team for Next Season

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Team for Next Season - Page 5 Empty Re: Team for Next Season

Post by Auld Nick Thu May 19, 2016 7:15 pm

Don't get me wrong folks; you all know I'm Mr Negativity & I take most "board announcements" with a pinch of salt. But this one strikes me as fairly honest because it has "negatives" in it (will be running at a loss for example); I'm not saying everything is rosy but I am saying that the announcement is not simply a "don't believe the bad news; we are the best thing since sliced pickles" which is what some are accusing them of.

Sunderland, you are correct in that they can't exactly deny things which are already public but what details do you want? The cases are resolved, the club is still solvent. Surely that's enough?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri May 20, 2016 1:48 am

Ideally if we could get by in League One we'd have cracked it, we'd get up eventually and then we'd actually make a good few quid being in the Championship, and have a good chance of competing for the Premiership play offs.
    As it is though we're going to make a loss and it's a bit chaotic with our finances. For continuity we need to make steady progress and strengthen from season to season, that's how to become like ICT and Hamilton.
    What we've seen is the complete opposite, we've weakened our squad every season, struggled to stay in the Championship, and are now relegated to League One. That's fine if we levelled out and could start building ourselves from there, have we though or are we still going to make cuts and get worse?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri May 20, 2016 2:42 pm

Shaun Byrne -Former Dunfermline midfielder signed up today.

http://livingstonfc.co.uk/shaun-byrne-makes-par/

Hopkin says he was a top target for Livi so should be a good player, at this level anyway.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Fri May 20, 2016 4:05 pm

White signing confirmed by Wrexham, hardly surprising that he's left but we'll definitely miss him. Would have tore this league a new arsehole had he stayed. Good luck to him.
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Fri May 20, 2016 4:20 pm

Buchanan is the only striker we've got left that I'm confident about. Mullen was pish last season (maybe L1 will suit him better), and Sheerin simply isn't good enough. Probably need to bin one of them and sign a couple.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri May 20, 2016 4:24 pm

Don't agree that Sheerin isn't good enough, was more a problem having too many strikers being chopped and changed and not getting a settled pairing. Sheerin aint a prolific goal scorer at Championship level but he was a decent looking partner for White. Reckon he'd score a few in League One though and if he gets settled with Buchanan/allowed to play regularly, he'd do well.

This really is Mullen's last chance to make it with us, should be looking to score at least 12 goals this season, i'd play him on the right wing (we seem to be lop sided with Left Midfielders), or as a 2nd half sub up front.
    Afro
    Afro

Post by Afro Fri May 20, 2016 5:48 pm

I am devastated big Shagz is away. He would've been dynamite in League 1. It's a bit like when Keaghan Jacobs left, though, in that I can't really begrudge the player the move as they've earned the chance to better themselves as a player. Would say White has been one of, if not the most, hard-working players I've ever seen at this club. Good guy as well.

Byrne sounds like a decent signing. Few Dunfermline fans saying it was a bad call from them to let him go, so that sounds promising at least.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri May 20, 2016 5:52 pm

Yeah Byrne and Caddis are looking like good signings, still comes down to how Hopkin does deploying them in the best positions to get the best out of them.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Fri May 20, 2016 6:11 pm

Think Sinclair is a centre mid, our site had Lithgow and Crighton as midfielders too though so fuck knows where they get it from.

Midfield looking good but we're light in the goalkeeper department, and could probably do with more in defence and up front.
    WrexhamFan

Post by WrexhamFan Sat May 21, 2016 12:18 pm

Hi all,
    Wrexham fan here
    After a weird end of season for us releasing near enough our whole squad, a lot of fans were left questioning the management as it was the same last season (starting from scratch) as a whole everyone is ecstatic that we have signed Jordan from you, i dont think many of us actually know much about the lad but seeing his statistics he seems to know where the net is!!, seen a few people say he is too good for a team like us and that he would be fantastic signing for many clubs in leagues higher up.

Hopefully you fans can perhaps give your opinions on the lad?
    sunderland

Post by sunderland Sat May 21, 2016 12:40 pm

WrexhamFan wrote:Hi all,
    Wrexham fan here
    After a weird end of season for us releasing near enough our whole squad, a lot of fans were left questioning the management as it was the same last season (starting from scratch) as a whole everyone is ecstatic that we have signed Jordan from you, i dont think many of us actually know much about the lad but seeing his statistics he seems to know where the net is!!, seen a few people say he is too good for a team like us and that he would be fantastic signing for many clubs in leagues higher up.

Hopefully you fans can perhaps give your opinions on the lad?

I think initially White split opinions, certainly I wasn't completely sold in his first season. I think he doesn't win enough in the air for a guy of his size, but with the ball at his feet he's pretty tidy and knows where the net is. Ended up being a workhorse as well as Hopkin stuck him out wide left, and he ended up chasing shadows. I think he's a pretty good all round player and should end up doing very well for you.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 21, 2016 2:12 pm

Yeah don't think we ever got the best out of him with the managers we had, he wasn't being played enough at the start of the season and at the end he was being stuck out at left midfield. He still managed to score goals though and was our main goal scorer at the run in. He improved his hold up play this season and looks like he still has more in him to be even better. Great signing for you, i'd have loved to have kept him for another few seasons, works hard and has a great attitude on him.

Smithy would be your man for stats, Jordan was his favourite player.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat May 21, 2016 6:50 pm

Can't disagree with either comment, should do well if he is given enough chances.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Mon May 23, 2016 1:06 pm

Michael Miller from Morton joins.

Good to see us get a right back in, means Halkett can play in the middle where he looks better IMO.
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Mon May 23, 2016 1:17 pm

Good to see the team starting to take shape. I'd still be happy with an experienced CB (hopefully can keep Gordon), solid defensive mid (Fozzy?!) a sub keeper and a couple of strikers, and that should be us!
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Mon May 23, 2016 1:26 pm

Morton fans seem happy he's gone, not getting the best reviews...

But I'll wait until I see him in a Livi shirt, won't forget how bad Beanie apparently was when he joined us, and look how that one turned out.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon May 23, 2016 1:45 pm

Yeah and big White got the same from some Falkirk fans, belters still say he's gash because he didn't score for Falkirk when he was a teenager. Rolling Eyes Laughing

We're obv not going to be taking a Championship team's best player but hopefully he'll do well enough for us in League One and may develop into a better player while he's at Livi getting first team games.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Mon May 23, 2016 2:19 pm

Iain Russell has just signed for Airdrie... Didn't think he'd have dropped down to this level, would have been delighted if it was us snapping him up as a replacement for Shagz.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon May 23, 2016 3:41 pm

Wow, great signing for Airdrie, he'll prob score at least 20 goals for them, wish we'd signed him.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon May 23, 2016 4:00 pm

Still no sign of Liam Watt on the official site?
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon May 23, 2016 4:07 pm

LiviLion wrote:Iain Russell has just signed for Airdrie... Didn't think he'd have dropped down to this level, would have been delighted if it was us snapping him up as a replacement for Shagz.

At least one penalty for Airdrie v Livi this season then. Laughing
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Mon May 23, 2016 4:10 pm

Durnford wrote:Still no sign of Liam Watt on the official site?

They'll still be negotiating compensation I'd imagine before he can officially be a Livi player.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon May 23, 2016 6:14 pm

It was a PCA so presumably he isn't out of contract yet...or maybe he's going to do an "Elliot" with us having been relegated?
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Tue May 24, 2016 11:45 am

Gutted about Beany moving to Airdrie. Buchanan should have a good season but I'm not confident about Sheerin + Mullen (certainly not up front anyway) at all.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Tue May 24, 2016 12:31 pm

It's his boyhood club and (purely speculation) it could be a private sponsor who's given the money for Airdrie to sign him. I'm sure that's what happened with Raith when they signed a player last season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:56 pm