The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
livikev
gibbis
ol1vercloff
EdinburghLivi
LiviLion
sunderland
ianlivi
fanfromday1
LiviCub
AMC13
orco
Auld Nick
spiggle
Durnford
Liviforever
Afro
Achilles
forzalfc
22 posters

Team for Next Season

orco
    orco

Team for Next Season - Page 6 Empty Re: Team for Next Season

Post by orco Tue May 24, 2016 12:37 pm

He is the Grandson of Ian McMillan ex Rangers, Scotland and present Airdrie honorary president.
    Hard for Livi to compete with that history.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue May 24, 2016 12:47 pm

forzalfc wrote:Gutted about Beany moving to Airdrie.  Buchanan should have a good season but I'm not confident about Sheerin + Mullen (certainly not up front anyway) at all.

I think they'd be ok with Buchanan alongside them with one starting and the other coming on as a 2nd half sub but if Buchanan leaves too then I don't fancy them as our front 2 pairing.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat May 28, 2016 12:31 pm

With the now confirmed departures of both Jordan White and Jordyn Sheerin i feel we are a bit lightweight in our front line as it stands,Its all very well signing defenders and midfielders and i welcome them all to the club but surely a couple of decent strikers should now be a priority if we are to have any aspirations of getting ourselves out of the league we now find ourselves in.Its been well documented on the forums as to where one of oor main problems has been over recent times has been the inabillity of our forwards to find the back off the net on numerous occasions.Hopefully Hopkin and co have identified this problem and will do their damdest to rectify this situation.At the moment i dont have much confidence in the forward line as it stands,we have weakend and must therefore strenghthen to give us a chance to get back to hopefully get to where we all want to be.On a plus note delighted to see they have punted bomb scare Cole to pastures new,hopefully other more deserved players will now get the chance to show us what they can do.Hope your all enjoying the summer break.New season not too far away.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat May 28, 2016 1:35 pm

I thought Sheerin had another year on his contract? Seen nothing about Cole either. Where have these been confirmed?
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 28, 2016 1:45 pm

I don't think the problem area was up front, we had more goals than Dumbarton, but the goals also needed to be spread around from other areas too, and not jut scored from White and Buchanan. Our main problem was also leaking them at the other end that was our undoing. If Cole left that would help a bit though.

Shame if Sheerin has gone, would've liked to have seen him getting a chance in League One but Hopkin wasn't giving him much game time last season so maybe reckoned he would be the same this season.

Where are you seeing they've left?

Last edited by Liviforever on Sat May 28, 2016 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat May 28, 2016 1:45 pm

Its in both the Sun and the Daily Record this morning LL.As ive said hopefully Hopkin will have his finger on the pulse and will provide us with suitable replacements,imo we,re gonna need them for the push to get out of this league.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat May 28, 2016 1:55 pm

I,d use the old addage that if the guys up front were doing well enough that would surely take the pressure off the guys at the back but get your point L/F.Just rechecked the papers and its there under the footie shorts collumn in both papers.Cmon guys keep up here.LOL.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat May 28, 2016 4:17 pm

Don't read papers but I have a Livi news feed in my favourites that usually puts up anything about Livi and still don't see it, i'll take your word for it though Troy. Though if your toying with me about Cole leaving i'll  put a curse on you. Laughing

Does it say if they've got another club?

Has a story about Dylan Easton signing for Clyde up on it as Livi related news, and Jesus Garcia Tena extending his stay at Accies, nowt about Cole and Sheerin yet.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sat May 28, 2016 5:01 pm

Doesent say if they have other clubs just that theyve been released by the club.Agree with you L/F Its utterly ridiculous that we are getting this news via national press and nothing through the club in any shape or form but its Livi we are talking about here.Think if you perhaps go online to any of those papers website link you may find it.If not ask someone you know who might have purchased one of these rags theyl put your mind at rest about Cole.Never had a curse put on me though some people outside Livi might say following the Lions is my cross to bare!!!.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon May 30, 2016 8:06 am

Disappointed if Sheerin has gone but I think it was fairly obvious that Hoppy didn't rate him. Assuming this is correct that leaves us with Buchanan and Mullen as a diminutive forward line that will struggle with Hoppy's tactics of sending a high ball forward.

I will await developments on the squad before assessing my expectations for the coming season...but at the moment I'm not chomping at the bit for the new season yet, not by a long way.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Mon May 30, 2016 9:55 am

I know a guy who's best pals with Darren Cole and even though he's contacted Martindale, he hasn't been told anything on whether he's getting kept on or being released.
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon May 30, 2016 1:43 pm

Im with Bertie on this one and will reserve my judgement as to how we will do next season until we know what the squad is going to look like.I just hope that as ive already said that Hopkin has to bolster our forward line significantly due to the departures that have happened.The old closing the door after the horses have bolted sceanario comes to mind here,i feel we have to move quickly here unless we want to be left with a couple of donkeys due to us being to late again to get in when it matters.We need strikers!!!!.
    EdinburghLivi
    EdinburghLivi
    Admin

Post by EdinburghLivi Mon May 30, 2016 4:41 pm

That's absolute amateur hour if players haven't been told whether they are being kept on. More concerning that they are contacting Martindale rather than Hopkin. Do you get the sense that Hopkin is the front man for Martindale making all the decisions behind the scene? A current squad list for next season should be the least that the fans expect in terms of communication.

Cole and Sheerin should both be released as they were unable to get fully fit despite having the whole season to do so. Nowhere near acceptable for full-time footballers to be carrying that much timber.

Mullen and Buchanan will score goals if they play up front together, both have excellent talent. For me, Buchanan is exactly the type of player Mullen should be trying to be.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon May 30, 2016 4:49 pm

Sheerin couldn't get fully fit because he wasn't being played enough and we didn't have a reserve team for him to get games to keep his fitness up. You could even see Currie struggling with his fitness in the games he played late in the season.
    I think Sheerin lost weight and was getting there under Burchill but once Hopkin took over he was hardly played and went backwards with his fitness.

I would hope Mullen steps up this season but still think you need a more physical presence up front as a plan B and both Buchanan and Mullen are a bit lightweight, esp Mullen.
    sunderland

Post by sunderland Mon May 30, 2016 9:31 pm

Lets pray Cole has been released. As far as Sheerin goes, its pretty hard to comment because he could have maybe done a job. I would still take hime coming off the bench, mainly because its a different option.
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Tue May 31, 2016 6:26 pm

Sives has signed with Cowden and Gould with Stourbridge.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue May 31, 2016 7:01 pm

Sives is no longer on the current squad list but no announcement on the OCS - Cole, Sheerin & Gibbons are all still there
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Tue May 31, 2016 7:10 pm

Sives hasn't been officially confirmed by either club but there's a picture by Football Nation of him in the new Cowden kit calling him their latest signing or something along those lines. Retweeted by Cowden too.

Have a bad feeling we're going to keep Cole for another year and Gordon will probably be snapped up by a Championship team.

And Sheerin still has a year on his contract, the only way he'll be leaving is if someone's actually paying money for him...
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue May 31, 2016 8:38 pm

I was only quoting what i read in saturday mornings papers.Whilst i would agree that we dont always listen to what is being spouted by these rags,surely someone has to be responsible for leaking the names of these players ie Cole Gibbons and Sheerin to our so called national press.These players if there not on their hols are probably in limbo at the moment and oblivious to goings on at the club at the moment as most of us are.For gods sake Livi get your arses into gear here,your asking us for our hard earned money right now .Show us what we are buying into here.inciddently season ticket will be renewed tommorow,Would love the club to give us some kind of indication as to how sales are going but i wont hold my breath on that one!!
    Achilles
    Achilles

Post by Achilles Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:20 pm

Think we should hear from the club in the next few days in terms of who's leaving/staying etc as contracts are up today.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:30 pm

Despite what I thought it looks like Sheerin has signed for Berwick. Thought we'd have been as well keeping him on as an option off the bench to bully defenders instead of paying him to go.
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:25 am

Sives - Should've been kept on but clearly Hopkin Martindale doesn't rate him. I think fans don't like him because he looked lazy or laidback when really he was just keeping everything simple. I think he's a better defender than Neil, Cole and Gordon.

Sheerin - He blocked me on twitter so he can get to fuck. Don't care about his fitness or commitment, he was shifted between being our first to third choice striker and still couldn't finish more than half the chances he had e.g. Alloa game at home.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:11 am

Thought Sheerin was decent at holding the ball up at times while White/Buchanan got into a good position to receive a pass. Most of the time he tried to take a shot himself though I usually ended up with my hand on my face.
    forzalfc

Post by forzalfc Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:36 am

LiviCub wrote:Sives - Should've been kept on but clearly Hopkin Martindale doesn't rate him. I think fans don't like him because he looked lazy or laidback when really he was just keeping everything simple. I think he's a better defender than Neil, Cole and Gordon.

Sheerin - He blocked me on twitter so he can get to fuck. Don't care about his fitness or commitment, he was shifted between being our first to third choice striker and still couldn't finish more than half the chances he had e.g. Alloa game at home.

No way was he better than Gordon. Cole and Neill definitely though, I would have kept him. Sheerin was awful, just too unfit.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:56 am

Ben Gordon signs for St. Mirren.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:14 pm