The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
fanfromday1
sunderland
AMF
livikev
gibbis
Afro
LiviCub
Troy
Durnford
Auld Nick
orco
LiviLion
Liviforever
17 posters

Stranraer v Livi (Wed) 7.45pm ko

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Stranraer v Livi (Wed)  7.45pm ko - Page 2 Empty Re: Stranraer v Livi (Wed) 7.45pm ko

Post by Liviforever Wed May 04, 2016 8:26 pm

3-1 Stranraer, wur doomed.
    Durnford

Stranraer v Livi (Wed)  7.45pm ko - Page 2 Empty Re: Stranraer v Livi (Wed) 7.45pm ko

Post by Durnford Wed May 04, 2016 8:28 pm

And on the bright side it doesn't look like we're going to need to visit Somerset Park for a while
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 04, 2016 8:31 pm

According to the bbc stats we've only had 2 shots at goal. This tie could be over before we play them at home, mon to feck Livi get your collective arses into gear and make a fight of it.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed May 04, 2016 8:36 pm

On the bright side, Peterhead away next year should be decent.

Just hope it's not Hopkin or Martindale there with us.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed May 04, 2016 8:37 pm

Our guys look scared to close them down or tackle. Stranraer are fearless and playing out of their skins.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed May 04, 2016 8:44 pm

When I saw we'd gone 1 up in 10 minutes I thought "yes, this is just the start we need"; sounds like we just poked the bear.

It's as I've been saying all season, we chuck it against the "lesser" sides.

A defeat of 2 or more goals and I doubt I'll waste a tenner on Saturday.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed May 04, 2016 8:52 pm

Looks like we've taken our 2 wide players off for Fotheringham and Telfer. Not often I agree with Hopkin's changes but at least he's trying something and hopefully a 4-3-3 is the way to go.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed May 04, 2016 9:09 pm

3-2 now. Livi filling me with a bit of hope once again... How will Hopkin ruin it this time?

Bucks the scorer.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed May 04, 2016 9:12 pm

LiviLion wrote:How will Hopkin ruin it this time?

Quickly, apparently. 4-2.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed May 04, 2016 9:23 pm

5-2 now - this is getting embarrassing
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed May 04, 2016 9:26 pm

Darren Cole on for a few minutes and deflects a cross into his own net. Is anyone even surprised any more?
    gibbis

Post by gibbis Wed May 04, 2016 9:27 pm

I am I the only livi supporter that is finding this funny?
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed May 04, 2016 9:30 pm

gibbis wrote:I am I the only livi supporter that is finding this funny?

I'm finding it quite funny too. If there was no such thing as Hibs I'm sure everyone would be saying "Livi'd it".

What makes it better is we stayed the night in Stranraer to avoid travelling on the day of the game, whereas most of Stranraer's squad work near the central belt and had to travel down after work. Only Livi.

Although, I don't think I'd be finding it funny at all if I was one of the fans that spent the money and 6 hour round trip to sit and actually witness it live.

Last edited by LiviLion on Wed May 04, 2016 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed May 04, 2016 9:38 pm

Finishes 5-2.

Means we need to win by 3 on Saturday just to take it to extra time... At least Hopkin might finally be gone, and we might actually win a few games next season, looking on the bright side...
    livikev
    livikev

Post by livikev Wed May 04, 2016 9:46 pm

ahem - what a joke
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed May 04, 2016 9:50 pm

Sorry guys, it is not in the slightest bit funny, embarrassing? maybe, disgraceful? perhaps, inept? Undoubtedly. But funny? Not even remotely.

And if the miracle escape fails to materialise on Saturday it could be the end of LFC as we know it. Part time football beckons and while we might be a bigger fish in the 3rd tier, we will struggle on crowds of a few hundred, the caliber of players will continue to drop, and if you think we have been poor this year, just wait. Funny? No, that is the last thing this is.
    livikev
    livikev

Post by livikev Wed May 04, 2016 9:55 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Sorry guys, it is not in the slightest bit funny, embarrassing? maybe, disgraceful? perhaps, inept? Undoubtedly. But funny? Not even remotely.

And if the miracle escape fails to materialise on Saturday it could be the end of LFC as we know it. Part time football beckons and while we might be a bigger fish in the 3rd tier, we will struggle on crowds of a few hundred, the caliber of players will continue to drop, and if you think we have been poor this year, just wait. Funny? No, that is the last thing this is.

Got to agree with you here.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 04, 2016 10:01 pm

LiviLion wrote:Darren Cole on for a few minutes and deflects a cross into his own net. Is anyone even surprised any more?

When I saw that I burst out laughing, in a 'if you didn't laugh you'd greet' kinda way.

Our defence is a shambles, 5 fecking goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's bloody embarrassing.

I'm half accepting we're out because we're shite and half angry because the clowns running this club have made one fuck up after another to put us in this situation.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Wed May 04, 2016 10:11 pm

I feel sorry for the poor beggers who probably took half a day of work so they could travel down there and be treated to that.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed May 04, 2016 10:17 pm

LF last week you were thinking about not going to the Huns game but you did... As things stand Saturday is now looking even more meaningless than the last 2 league games. I am thinking I won't be wasting my tenner... Any optimism left that can persuade me otherwise?

On the other hand there is a kind of "car crash" attraction... Part of me wants to go to see if this shower that we call a team have any self respect, any passion, any fight left in them.
    Troy

Post by Troy Wed May 04, 2016 10:28 pm

Totally agree with Bertie on this one guys.This really could have serious repercussions for the future of the club due to the perilous position we find our selves in.Stranraer basicaly confirmed most of what a lot of us have been thinking for a long time,that most of this team flatter to decieve at the best off times and dont deserve to have a crack at the Honest Men.They must be rubbing their hands together right now at the complete shambles that is LFC on and off the pitch.Yes il be there on Saturdayfor the inevitable and hand over a tenner for the privelage,but they would be as well throwing the gates open cause its the only way this lot will get anyone along to whatch this pish.Pathetic and embarresing Livi!!!
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed May 04, 2016 10:41 pm

Tenner seems a bit steep after that result. I'll still go, but more out of hope than expectation. Even then I don't have a lot of hope, but wouldn't want to miss the miracle if we somehow did manage to do it...
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed May 04, 2016 10:57 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:LF last week you were thinking about not going to the Huns game but you did... As things stand Saturday is now looking even more meaningless than the last 2 league games. I am thinking I won't be wasting my tenner... Any optimism left that can persuade me otherwise?

On the other hand there is a kind of "car crash" attraction... Part of me wants to go to see if this shower that we call a team have any self respect, any passion, any fight left in them.

Nope afraid i'm all out of optimism Bertie.

Wrote this on another thread so will just quote it here in reply to your post.

Liviforever wrote:And a tenner to get back out if you try to leave before FT.

I'll go because last weekend was pap with it being 12.30pm on a Sunday and a meaningless B team game. At least i'll have my end of season game played on a Saturday at 3pm and have a few drinks pre game in the AS.
    Think i'll need the pre match liquid refreshments to get me through the game as I've a feeling we'll lose the return one too.

The players will need to get the fans behind them and get back into this game, if not then the fans will be on their backs going in at HT and all 2nd half. God help them and Hopkin at FT too, good job they had the PoTY awards last week. Really hope we can get back into it and just play with a bit of courage as we're practically relegated, so should be a do or die attitude for the return, playing with passion and no nerves. Like I said though i'm all out of optimism and realism has taken over.
    AMF

Post by AMF Wed May 04, 2016 11:34 pm

I fear we are all Captains going down with a sinking ship.
    sunderland

Post by sunderland Thu May 05, 2016 12:05 am

Well, where the fuck do you start?

This club is a total embarrassment, from top to bottom a total clearcut is needed, starting with Hopkin and Martindale. Team selection was all wrong tonight and has been for sometime, did anyone ever think he/they were the right people for the job?!

Stranraer totally wiped the floor with us, and it could have been 6/7, 5 goals didn't really flatter them. Miles better than us in every department.

Don't even get me started on the defence, replaced one bombscare Neil with another in the form of Cole, fair play to Cole though, he managed to get his customary own goal.

Longridge was dire, and didn't look interested what so ever, offered nothing in an attack or in defence.

Really glad we payed a fee to secure the boy Mullin, what a gem he is..

Well done to those of you that decided not to go and miss work, drive for 6 or so hours to get whipped by the wind and rain and get the team not try a jot, it was the sensible thing to do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:43 am