The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
EdinburghLivi
djs9750
LiviCub
spiggle
LiviLion
mozam76
LanarkshireLion
Lexi Collector
Auld Nick
Liviforever
14 posters

Hibs 2-1 Livi (League Opener)

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Hibs 2-1 Livi (League Opener) - Page 2 Empty Re: Hibs 2-1 Livi (League Opener)

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:01 pm

Freak goal for their 2nd but disappointing to give Farid a fee header from a corner, we're still vulnerable at set pieces and of all the players you'd want to mark at a set piece we allow Farid a free header!

Hibs very much in control but we've had a couple of near chances and just need to sneak a goal back to see how they'd cope with a bit of pressure. Mon Livi we did it against QoS after being 2-0 down, get stuck in about them.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:07 pm

orco wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Orco will be well chuffed with the referee for this game, Bobby Madden. Rolling Eyes 

Wasn't he our ref against Alloa last season in the opening game, refused to book any Alloa players for continually pulling us back and wandering off with the ball to stop us taking free kicks right away, and ended up sending Doc off.

All of the above is correct. More's the pity. Evil or Very Mad  I need that emoticon with the head banging itself off a wall.

http://www.livilions.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/banghead.gif

Tried just to paste it in but got the above link; which take you to it Smile
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:26 pm

Yeeha we're back in it, 2-1. Mon the Livi.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:21 pm

Better 2nd half, at least we got a goal back and made a game of it. Not too disappointed at how it finished, was fearing a real gubbing at 2-0 down.

Mon the Livi, Cowden up next.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:25 pm

As ever I expected a defeat & the end result was closer than I thought it would be...so a moral victory!  Laughing 
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:42 pm

Website stated that it was PATG yet when we arrived myself and a lot of others were told that we had to purchase a ticket to gain entry. Because of this, I missed both of Hibs' goal. A complaint will be on its way to both clubs.

First half we looked lost and seemed to have 'stage fright' possibly due to the occasion. Sloppy passing, constantly caught out of position and second best to everything.

Second half we were much stronger and we should've came out of that game with a draw. They are beatable and I think we have a good chance when we play them at the Vale. Looking forward to next Saturday but after Cowdenbeath's draw with Falkirk, we shouldn't take them lightly.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:57 pm

Yeah looked like my 2-2 prediction was going to come off, we looked like getting an equaliser.

There's a pattern forming already in games, we start off well then the other team takes over.

Twice we've gone 2 goals down now too, and against Albion we'd have also been a couple down if DJ hadn't pulled off 2 cracking saves.

Need to work on defending set pieces, criminal not marking Farid at a corner. Looks like we're pretty threatening at attacking set pieces though, Gallagher is a handful and Dycey has proven he's also a threat and gets on the end of crosses.

Wasn't confident when I saw the team line up, looked like Kyle was in at RB, he has looked shaky playing there in most games I've seen him in the Championship. How did he get on?
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:02 pm

LiviCub wrote:Website stated that it was PATG yet when we arrived myself and a lot of others were told that we had to purchase a ticket to gain entry. Because of this, I missed both of Hibs' goal. A complaint will be on its way to both clubs.

Think it was just poorly worded on the website. It sounded like you could just hand over money at the gate, like at Livi, when instead you need to buy a ticket from the ticket office. Luckily for me I was there a bit earlier than most and was already near the front of the queue when a lot of people started to join it. Shambles though considering there were only 2 people and going really slow.

As for the game I can't complain too much, wasn't expecting a win so I'm just happy we never got humped and gave it a good go. Second half was much better and hopefully we see that kind of effort more than what we watched in the first half. Thought Hippolyte done well when he came on, would give him a start next week.

Onto Cowden, hopefully get 3 points against them  cheers 
    LiviCub
    LiviCub

Post by LiviCub Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:19 pm

Liviforever wrote:Wasn't confident when I saw the team line up, looked like Kyle was in at RB, he has looked shaky playing there in most games I've seen him in the Championship. How did he get on?

Kyle's best qualities are missed out for his and the team's benefit when he's punted into RB. Ever since Gary Bollan started him in that position, every other manager has played him there at one point. He's a much more better center midfielder than Keaghan and he clearly missed there today.

I'm sure he (Kyle) would've gone on to bigger and better things if he was consistently played in his best position.
    Lothiangamer
    Lothiangamer

Post by Lothiangamer Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:26 pm

When the 2nd goal went in I did start to worry, I must admit. I think we sat off Hibs too much, let them settle with the ball and that changed in the 2nd half. 1st half to Hibs 2nd half to us, Thought we deserved a draw.

The 2nd goal for Hibs. 99 times out of a 100 that would not go in.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:18 pm

LiviCub wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Wasn't confident when I saw the team line up, looked like Kyle was in at RB, he has looked shaky playing there in most games I've seen him in the Championship. How did he get on?

Kyle's best qualities are missed out for his and the team's benefit when he's punted into RB. Ever since Gary Bollan started him in that position, every other manager has played him there at one point. He's a much more better center midfielder than Keaghan and he clearly missed there today.

I'm sure he (Kyle) would've gone on to bigger and better things if he was consistently played in his best position.

Yeah I wish they wouldn't put him in there. Agree he looks decent in CM and if he got a run of games there he'd thrive. Also think Keaghan is best on the wing, dear know why managers start mucking about with players natural positions all the time when they're playing well at a certain position. Fair enough when you get injuries and have no options, but Rutherford has played a couple of competitive games at LB and done well there, surely sticking him at RB would be less of a leap then putting a CM there. Kyle hasn't done well at RB since we've come up into the Championship.

Remember Keaghan being stuck there, think it was against Falkirk after Col was injured, he was even worse than Kyle.

Ahwell Sives will be back next week and Dycey can go in at RB, he's slightly better than Kyle playing there. Laughing .
    Lexi Collector
    Lexi Collector
    Admin

Post by Lexi Collector Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:54 pm

I hate Hibs.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:40 pm

From our perspective the first goal was poor defending with nobody picking up the main goal threat, 2nd goal was a fluke. Our goal looked pretty good.

Still not convinced Hibs have a goal threat this season, both competitive games they haven't looked great in front of goal in open play. A better team than us would defend better at set pieces and punish them in attack. Their fans on P&B are in for a big come down when they meet the better teams in the league.

Last edited by Liviforever on Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:41 pm

Lexi Collector wrote:I hate Hibs.

100%

That is the best strip they have had in my lifetime though; I always hated the white sleeves & the shade of green was much lighter; that shade is much more acceptable.

DJ really should have done better with the 2nd, it wasn't that difficult to deal with. Got to ask why he hesitated going back to his line; cause he would have saved it easily if he hadn't hesitated.

Last edited by Bertie Bassett on Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:46 pm

I hate Farid.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:51 pm

Liviforever wrote:I hate Farid.

I'd say he's a decent signing at this level & gives them a chance of challenging. As long as they create chances for him he'll score a few.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:58 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:I hate Farid.

I'd say he's a decent signing at this level & gives them a chance of challenging. As long as they create chances for him he'll score a few.

Personally never thought he was that great but he does score against us, too many from set pieces too. Hibs seem to hit long balls to him a lot, better defences will easily cope with that. I just don't think Hibs have a striker that will get enough goals to get them up this season. Think they're in for a reality check once they play Hearts next week, can see them being horsed.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:11 pm

Farid is only good in the air, with the ball at his feet he's useless. Gallagher had him in his pocket for the majority of the game, first goal aside.
    Smithy
    Smithy

Post by Smithy Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:59 pm

Fourteen seconds the Hibs goalkeeper had the ball in his hands before the punt and the rule is six seconds.

Legia Warsaw fielded an eligible player for a couple of mins and Uefa decide they should go out the competition.

Surely we should appeal and get a point that we deserved.

Whats the difference as rules have been infringed!!!
    HoudaBetsy
    HoudaBetsy

Post by HoudaBetsy Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:40 pm

If only we did appeal- and won the appeal for a change
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:58 pm

orco wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Orco will be well chuffed with the referee for this game, Bobby Madden. Rolling Eyes 

Wasn't he our ref against Alloa last season in the opening game, refused to book any Alloa players for continually pulling us back and wandering off with the ball to stop us taking free kicks right away, and ended up sending Doc off.

All of the above is correct. More's the pity. Evil or Very Mad  I need that emoticon with the head banging itself off a wall.

Apart from ignoring the 6th second goalie rule (and let's face it they all do it) Madden was actually ok.  Surprised 
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:16 pm

Smithy wrote:Fourteen seconds the Hibs goalkeeper had the ball in his hands before the punt and the rule is six seconds.

Legia Warsaw fielded an eligible player for a couple of mins and Uefa decide they should go out the competition.

Surely we should appeal and get a point that we deserved.

Whats the difference as rules have been infringed!!!

Yeah I suppose, but we wouldn't really be giving a shit if DJ had gathered the ball like he should have done. Like Orco said, they all ignore it. It could be brought up so they either change it or adhere to it right enough.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:19 pm

I've not seen the 6 second rule enforced for years & I suspect it has dropped out of favour without anyone bothering to say so.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Hibs 2-1 Livi (League Opener) - Page 2 Empty Highlights

Post by Liviforever Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:52 pm

orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:26 am

The 6 second rule and the passback rule were introduced to stop the blatant time wasting that that used to go on with the goalie running about the box bouncing the ball and kicking it out to a defender who would then kick it right back.

The 6 second rule was a bit OTT so the refs give a lot of leeway with it. However there should be a warning when it gets outrageous and a free kick if the warning is ignored.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:42 pm