The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
orco
Auld Nick
cptn_hooch
LiviLion
Liviforever
9 posters

Brechin v Livi

Durnford

Brechin v Livi - Page 2 Empty Re: Brechin v Livi

Post by Durnford Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:27 pm

Liviforever wrote:Don't agree Mr D, we don't have any pacey wingers who can leave opposition players for dead, Bobby Barr can, and always has you on the back foot when he gets the ball because he runs at you. That would give us something a bit different, and esp coming on as a sub 2nd half. Even if Mullin stays i'd like to see us getting Barr.

Bobby Barr isn't anywhere near the player he was when he was with us.

Currently we have Cadden; Mullin; Knox and Jacobs who can all play on the wing; even before you look at bringing Ogilvie back.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:22 pm

Well it was job done and 3 points gained but it wasn't pretty and Brechin did not make it easy. The heavy pitch cut out silky football and Mr Charleston was intent on blowing his whistle every time a Brechin player went down which they did frequently for the flimsiest of reasons.
    Our defence was solid once again and Alexander didn't really have a lot to do. Until the second goal went in though I was worried they might sneak up and grab a goal. They missed a sitter in the dying minutes missing by inches.
    I still have to make my mind up about Boyd. He seems a bit greedy trying to do everything himself instead of using his team mates. It's early days though and he's probably trying to impress. Robinson capitalised on a Brechin mistake and took his goal well in a one on one with the goalie, something players often muck up.

So, Scottish Cup next week against revitalised, free spending Falkirk. Having looked at the weather forecast we'll be lucky to get it played unless effort is made to protect the pitch against sub zero temperatures. C'est la vie.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:49 pm

Durnford wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Don't agree Mr D, we don't have any pacey wingers who can leave opposition players for dead, Bobby Barr can, and always has you on the back foot when he gets the ball because he runs at you. That would give us something a bit different, and esp coming on as a sub 2nd half. Even if Mullin stays i'd like to see us getting Barr.

Currently we have Cadden; Mullin; Knox and Jacobs who can all play on the wing; even before you look at bringing Ogilvie back.

I'd still take Barr, none of them has the speed Barr has. Knox looked pretty direct in an early season game but we've not seen much of him since. Keaghan is more a left sided player, or CM, Barr often switched wings during a game and plays either side, so he'd give us something different, which can't be a bad thing.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:32 am

Was surprised this morning to see highlights albeit breif of yesterdays game at Brechin on Sky Sports News.Reckon the cameras will keep following them as their the only team in Britain not to have one a single match this season thus far.For me it was a stonewaller of a decision to award us the penalty right in front of the ref and thats without the amber glasses on.Well taken by Halkett though.The second i felt a wee bit fortunate that their player slipped allowing Robertson the chance to finish the game and he took it very well.Seen chances like that missed by us before so well done.Agree with Orco in that hopefully the club will take the nescessery precautions for the Falkirk game due to the Arctic conditions coming our way this week.Cant wait for it.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:37 am

Liviforever wrote:
    Durnford wrote:

I'd still take Barr, none of them has the speed Barr has. Knox looked pretty direct in an early season game but we've not seen much of him since. Keaghan is more a left sided player, or CM, Barr often switched wings during a game and plays either side, so he'd give us something different, which can't be a bad thing.

I remember Keaghan on the right not the left but he can play anywhere across the midfield.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:10 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:
    Durnford wrote:

I remember Keaghan on the right not the left but he can play anywhere across the midfield.

Was that when Barr swapped wings, can always remember Keaghan starting on the left hand side though. Him and Bobby made some great breaks up the pitch to hit teams on the counter. He used to get some stick from a section of Livi fans, and played with his heart on his sleeve by giving it back to them. Laughing

This is all rumours but it does look like Josh Mullin will be leaving us this month, it's following the same pattern as Danny Mullen's departure. I wonder if those I love Bobby Barr shirts are still going about. lol!

*Edit. Or maybe not:

Callum Carson

Seen a few rumours online about Josh Mullin leaving Livingston, I'm told that 'he's going nowhere' by a source at the club this morning.

Those pesky rumours. Laughing

Last edited by Liviforever on Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:18 pm

Troy wrote:Was surprised this morning to see highlights albeit breif of yesterdays game at Brechin on Sky Sports News.Reckon the cameras will keep following them as their the only team in Britain not to have one a single match this season thus far.For me it was a stonewaller of a decision to award us the penalty right in front of the ref and thats without the amber glasses on.Well taken by Halkett though.The second i felt a wee bit fortunate that their player slipped allowing Robertson the chance to finish the game and he took it very well.Seen chances like that missed by us before so well done.Agree with Orco in that hopefully the club will take the nescessery precautions for the Falkirk game due to the Arctic conditions coming our way this week.Cant wait for it.

May also be because the SPFL Premiership are on a winter's break. Pity we hadn't more home games these last few weeks, maybe we could've tried some initiative to get Premiership fans along to watch us, like if they produce their season tickets at our reception we'll let them in for a fiver.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:07 pm

Nope, I remember Keaghan on the right all the way back to when the u20's won the title on the artificial pitch behind the stadium. He showed then he was a decent player. When Barr came in he began life on the left but as you point out they struck up a decent understanding, interchanging and double-teaming. They were outstanding that day in Grangemouth with Barr having his best game in a Livi shirt.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:13 pm

Well done Gregor Buchanan, straight into the SPFL team of the week in his debut game for Livi. https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/spfl-team-of-the-week-87-97/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content