Saturday's games 27/10

Share
avatar
Durnford

Posts : 1388
Join date : 2014-10-23

Saturday's games 27/10

Post by Durnford on Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:49 pm

Well so far the results couldn't be much better.

Killie are losing to Hamilton on the plastic pitch derby whilst St Johnstone are drawing with St Mirren in the Saint's derby.
avatar
Durnford

Posts : 1388
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Saturday's games 27/10

Post by Durnford on Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:51 pm

Durnford wrote:Well so far the results couldn't be much better.

Killie are losing to Hamilton on the plastic pitch derby whilst St Johnstone are drawing with St Mirren in the Saint's derby.

Edit - Bu@@er! Killie have just equalised
Liviforever
Liviforever

Posts : 5268
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Saturday's games 27/10

Post by Liviforever on Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:15 pm

Posted much the same as you on the other Premiership games thread.

Would be good if St Johnstone and Killie drop points, we're far enough ahead not to be worried about Accies and St Mirren, so would rather the teams closest to us dropped points now.

Killie have gone a goal down in their last 4 games, but keep getting a narrow win coming from behind (ooer missus).

And St Johnstone score just after I posted that, not looking good now.
Liviforever
Liviforever

Posts : 5268
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Saturday's games 27/10

Post by Liviforever on Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:51 pm

Can forget about St Mirren taking points from St Johnstone now, 2-0 down and St Johnstone have also missed 2 penalties.

Still 1-1 with Killie and Accies though, mon eh Accies.
avatar
Durnford

Posts : 1388
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Saturday's games 27/10

Post by Durnford on Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:14 pm

Killie dropping points so not bad. Our main threats to a top six though must be Aberdeen and St Johnstone so would have preferred the latter to lose.

Actually the amount of goal St Johnstone have shifted in the last few weeks; St Mirren really must be poor.
Liviforever
Liviforever

Posts : 5268
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Saturday's games 27/10

Post by Liviforever on Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:15 pm

St Mirren are shite, between them and Dundee for straight relegation, either way I reckon both of them are getting relegated.

We need to beat St Johnstone on Wed or they'll be right behind us, albeit we still have a game in hand. Don't want dragged into a 3 way scrap with them and Aberdeen for 6th place though. Would rather be challenging Killie and Celtic for a top 3 spot.
avatar
Durnford

Posts : 1388
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Saturday's games 27/10

Post by Durnford on Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:15 pm

Slightly off line but just seen the Gillingham v Bradford result - not looking good for Hoppy.

Gillingham haven't won a game since August apparently - not the case today.
Liviforever
Liviforever

Posts : 5268
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Saturday's games 27/10

Post by Liviforever on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:08 pm

Can't say i'm concerned for Hoppy or Bradford, not if the rumours about him wanting to sign Byrne are true. Hoppy made a bad choice packing it in with us if Bradford was the best he could do.
avatar
Durnford

Posts : 1388
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Saturday's games 27/10

Post by Durnford on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:22 pm

Liviforever wrote:Can't say i'm concerned for Hoppy or Bradford, not if the rumours about him wanting to sign Byrne are true. Hoppy made a bad choice packing it in with us if Bradford was the best he could do.

Neither am I if I'm totally honest. I'm grateful to him for what he achieve and the preparations he carried out before leaving ensuring that we managed to keep hold of most of out promotion winning team but, at the end of the day, he chose to leave. If he'd chosen to leave for Morton I'd perhaps have been slightly more understanding but Bradford for Christ sake?
Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 3055
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Saturday's games 27/10

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:57 pm

He used to play for them, so there may be an attachment. However it is highly inaccurate to say he left us to join them given the length of time between his resignation from Livi & his appointment at Bradford. I think he was expecting a bigger club to come in for him & eventually took the first job he was offered.
avatar
Durnford

Posts : 1388
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Saturday's games 27/10

Post by Durnford on Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:03 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:He used to play for them, so there may be an attachment. However it is highly inaccurate to say he left us to join them given the length of time between his resignation from Livi & his appointment at Bradford. I think he was expecting a bigger club to come in for him & eventually took the first job he was offered.

Don't think either Liviforever of I said he left us for Bradford although he did leave us (without another club) and ended up at Bradford.

I seem to recall there was talk about Carlisle but that seemed to come to nothing.

Unfortunately he left us with a record of promotion from a couple of minor leagues (as is probably the opinion from most of the English sides he'd been touting for). If he'd stayed on for another season and managed to do what Gary is doing then I think a lot more would have taken him seriously; maybe even up to championship level.

Actually I'm not convinced he could have achieved what Gary Holt has; Hoppy was an excellent manager and know the team really well but sometimes his tactics seemed a bit one dimensional.
Liviforever
Liviforever

Posts : 5268
Join date : 2014-06-10
Location : Livingston

Re: Saturday's games 27/10

Post by Liviforever on Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:42 am

Agreed D, Holt has been a lot quicker making tactical changes in games this season, and gets players on to sort out weak spots before we concede goals.
Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 3055
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Saturday's games 27/10

Post by Bertie Bassett on Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:02 am

OK but the way you worded it (if he had chosen to leave FOR Morton.... but Bradford...) you can see how it could be taken the way I took it.

As for the rest of your post, I agree, Hoppy should have given it a go in the top tier to fully establish himself, but he hasn’t done anything too dissimilar to Jack Ross, leaving a club he steered into the top tier for a 3rd tier English mob, ok Ross went to a potential giant in Sunderland but Sunderland are always a potential giant.

Holt does seem to have hit the ground running & he interviews better than Hoppy. There is still a long way to go though. I’m not suggesting that I expect his leadership to implode, just that he’s only been in charge for what? 7 games? So it’s a bit early to be 100% certain of his impact on the club; but he has certainly gotten off to a fantastic start.
avatar
Durnford

Posts : 1388
Join date : 2014-10-23

Re: Saturday's games 27/10

Post by Durnford on Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:10 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:OK but the way you worded it (if he had chosen to leave FOR Morton.... but Bradford...) you can see how it could be taken the way I took it.

As for the rest of your post, I agree, Hoppy should have given it a go in the top tier to fully establish himself, but he hasn’t done anything too dissimilar to Jack Ross, leaving a club he steered into the top tier for a 3rd tier English mob, ok Ross went to a potential giant in Sunderland but Sunderland are always a potential giant.

Holt does seem to have hit the ground running & he interviews better than Hoppy. There is still a long way to go though. I’m not suggesting that I expect his leadership to implode, just that he’s only been in charge for what? 7 games? So it’s a bit early to be 100% certain of his impact on the club; but he has certainly gotten off to a fantastic start.

Never could work out Sunderland; been to the Stadium of Light a few times over the years and the set-up and the facilities are fantastic. Pretty much everything you could wish for and still they cant be successful.
Bertie Bassett
Bertie Bassett

Posts : 3055
Join date : 2014-07-25
Location : Livingston

Re: Saturday's games 27/10

Post by Bertie Bassett on Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:29 pm

It’s cause they’re Makems.

Sponsored content

Re: Saturday's games 27/10

Post by Sponsored content


    Current date/time is Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:56 am