The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Hibs v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Hibs v Livi Empty Hibs v Livi

Post by Liviforever Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:09 am

I remember our first season in the SPL where we beat Hearts 3-1 one week and then Hibs by the same scoreline the following week, surely it couldn't happen again and we do Hibs 5-0 on Saturday? bounce

Not sure if we'll line up the same starting eleven, Cadden played well but when Robinson came on we absolutely ripped them to pieces with his precision passes. Hardie and Menga up front again anyway, they look a nightmare front 2 for any defence to cope with, and Pittman following up behind them for any balls around the box.

Here's to us doing an Edinburgh double, Mon the Lions. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Hibs v Livi Empty Re: Hibs v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:00 am

Let’s see how they fare tomorrow because they could be going into it having beaten Glasgow’s gruesome twosome back to back & be on a huge high themselves.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:03 pm

Always a tough place to go to Easter Road and i expect tommorow to be no different.Personally i wouldnt be adverse to a share of the spoils here as it would put another point on the board.Of course the players wont be thinking of that and i wouldnt be at all surprised if they were to upset the apple cart again.Its been hectic for them but theyve done tremendously well so far and i wish them well for the form theyve shown us which indeed gives them a great chance of taking something from this game.Good luck Livi and as always lets do it!!! santa
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:58 pm

Given the disparity in our results away from home to those at home (last season our away results were hugely better & yes it could be as simple as the fact we are in a tougher league) - is our plastic pitch giving us a massive home advantage but hurting us away from home? Could the heavy grass pitches be more sapping on our high energy style?

NB I say results rather than form because we have played reasonably well in many away games.

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:13 pm

Motherwell away-done out of 3 points by a shite ref disallowing Lamie's perfectly good goal.

Aberdeen away-done out of 1 point by a shite ref giving back to back corners when the decisions should've went Livi's way.

Combination of bad luck and shite officiating has made our away results worse than our performances deserved. You could even throw in the Parkheid league opener where a penalty decision swung their way instead of ours. Or the Ibrox defeat where some dodgy decisions could've changed that result too.

Tbh I don't think our away performances are that bad, now we've Hardie playing I think it'll pick up enough for us to start getting points from those good performances.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:58 pm

I agree that our performances have not been bad, on the whole, away from home which is why I used results rather than form.

The two results that perhaps have the most bearing on my question would actually be Killie & Accies away; both league games on plastic that we have lost, so having plastic ourselves didn’t help us get a positive result, it could therefore be argued that it’s not down to a disadvantage of playing on grass away, because it could be argued that the Killie game was our worst performance so far (I say arguably because I wasn’t there & the worst performance I have seen was the home loss to St Johnstone; on the plastic that is supposed the be giving us a massive advantage). And the Accies result was arguably our worst result given we lost to a goal scored by 10-man team.

So here’s hoping Hubs underestimate us again & are just too overconfident following 4 points out of 6 from the Glasgow giants & their ugly wee sister.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:22 pm

Robinson replaces Cadden in the starting line up.

Lee Miller returns from injury to the subs bench & Saunders drops out of the match squad
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:27 pm

Ryan Hardie 4 goals in 3 starts. cheers .
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:31 pm

Ooft penalty for Hibs.

Saved by Liam Kelly. cheers
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:42 pm

1-1 Porteous header draws Hubs level in 80th minute
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:58 pm

Good point that I would have been delighted with before kick off but a little disappointed that we didn’t hold out after going in front; especially when it was a header.

However, unbeaten in four games against the Edinburgh sides at the halfway stage in the season; sitting 6th & will stay there unless St J beat Huns tomorrow
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:20 pm

Apparently we've now got more points than Ross County got all last season.

Funnily enough I made a half-joking statement that Dundee would fail to get to double figured by Christmas but failed to put any money on it.

Ah well with any luck they'll fail to make double figures by the new year.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:26 pm

As long as they fail to make double figures on Boxing Day...
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:19 pm

Got what id asked for yesterday on friday.Ashare of the spoils was always gonna be welcome especially at Easter Road.Hardy still bangin them in and Liam Kelly magnificent once again.Good to see Lee Miller back among the squad as well,hopefully not to long before hes up to speed.Weve got to be happy with the way the season has gone so far,unexpected maybe but these lads have worked their socks off to be where they are and i for one am delighted for all of them and the management team as well.A merry xmas to all of them but lay of the juice till after Boxing Day please. santa lol!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:59 pm

This is maybe Hardie turning defeats into draws and draws into wins away from home, Lawson even had a gift of a chance to take all 3 points but the draw was prob fair with Kelly making a few vital saves. Hopefully we take all 3 points against Dundee and set us up nicely for the home game against the sheep before the winter break.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:10 am

Happy with the draw even though we were winning. Hibs are a decent team and looked as if they might score every time they attacked.
    We weakened the team though when we substituted Menga and Hardy. Miller looked rusty and kept looking for fouls that the ref was never going to give. Hopefully a bit of game time will have helped him get up to form. I'm afraid I just can't take to Lawson. He missed a sitter that Hardy or even Hamilton would have been more likely to score. He also doesn't win balls or keep the ball in the way the others do. I'd have preferred Sibbald or Hamilton to have come on.
    Onward to Dundee.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:11 am