The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
orco
Liviforever
6 posters

Hibs v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Hibs v Livi Empty Hibs v Livi

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:23 pm

Anyone any idea wtf is happening with Dykes?

Seems like every time we're playing a team that are utterly gash Dykes isn't going to be playing, we'd have beaten both Aberdeen and Hearts if he'd played, both look mince this season, and Accies too, now we're playing Hibs, who are also pants this season, and it looks like we're also going to be without him, and having to play Robinson up front. This is seriously costing us dearly.

I'd be pretty confident of a win here, but without Dykes i'm hoping we scrape a 1-0 win but like the Hearts game would be happy just to get something and not lose the game, so a draw would do. Bit pissed off tbh, having no back up striker drains the enthusiasm out from me. Hoping maybe Pitts gets a good bit of game time and gets us the win, but a lot to put on him when he's been out injured.

Anyway, mon the Lions, these mugs are there for the taking, go get those 3 points.
    orco
    orco

Hibs v Livi Empty Re: Hibs v Livi

Post by orco Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:37 pm

Yeh I'm getting scunnered with our lack of striking options.
    Mind you it would be less serious if we weren't being hammered by referees every other week. I watched Sportscene. There was a clear a foul by the Hearts goalie on Robertson seconds before Souda's dismissal. If the ref does his job right the sending off never happens.
    I'm sick of their incompetence and suspicious of the fact that it never happens in our favour. Evil or Very Mad
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:47 pm

orco wrote:Yeh I'm getting scunnered with our lack of striking options.
    Mind you it would be less serious if we weren't being hammered by referees every other week. I watched Sportscene. There was a clear a foul by the Hearts goalie on Robertson seconds before Souda's dismissal. If the ref does his job right the sending off never happens.
    I'm sick of their incompetence and suspicious of the fact that it never happens in our favour. Evil or Very Mad

Yesterday was a joke right enough, Aitken takes top billing from a long list of useless clowns, three blatant fouls he just completely ignored, then continued dishing out cards to us with every tackle we made, as well as the red card, and penalty he's missed.

Off the top of my head there's the Aberdeen pen for a foul outside the box, that was actually on Jacobs and not the other way around. Just a bit of a consolation it didn't actually affect the result.

The Ibrox game where their first goal was offside, then Devlin's goal chopped off, then Dykes red carded. That prob cost us 3 points, at worst we'd have got a draw. Also cost us not having Dykes against Aberdeen.

Accies penalty was never a pen, so the ref cost us a point there.

Cup game against Sevco 10 days later where Helander should've had a red card and we're playing 11 v 10 for most of the game. I'd have fancied us to get at least a draw in 90 mins and prob go on to win.

And the Hearts game there, 2 points less courtesy of bad refereeing, that's if we scored the pen anyway, but we'd also have still had 11 players on the pitch.

If these even themselves out then we're going to have some run of good luck getting penalties for nothing and opposition players sent off for no reason.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:51 am

Another thing relevant to refereeing. Before every game I hear opposition managers highlighting that Livi are a physical team - the implication being that we foul a lot. Referees being human (no really pirat ) go into our games ready to give fouls for every opposition dive. We play hard but fair. I often notice refs giving certain opposition players less fouls as the game goes on and he twigs what's happening. Pity they are so slow witted though. Neutral
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:28 pm

Levein and his assistant spent all of the first half nipping the 4th official's ear, may explain Aitken's card happy 2nd half perfomance, booking our players for tackles whilst letting Hearts players away with far worse.

Credit to Holt though, far more dignified behaviour, and didn't get sucked in with his post match interview on the ref's piss poor performance. Instead saying he's not here to talk about the ref, he's here to talk about how well his players did, praising the effort they put in playing with 10 men.

Talking of which, wtf was that all about when Sarkic tried to put the ball out for Lamie to get treatment, and Levein and his players kept it in and played on, the Hearts boy ran over and got the ball, had a wee look at Levein to see what he should do, and Levein nods for him to just play on, hope we remember that sort of bad sportsmanship for the next time we play them, and they have a man down injured.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:37 pm

Liviforever wrote:Levein and his assistant spent all of the first half nipping the 4th official's ear, may explain Aitken's card happy 2nd half perfomance, booking our players for tackles whilst letting Hearts players away with far worse.

Credit to Holt though, far more dignified behaviour, and didn't get sucked in with his post match interview on the ref's piss poor performance. Instead saying he's not here to talk about the ref, he's here to talk about how well his players did, praising the effort they put in playing with 10 men.

Talking of which, wtf was that all about when Sarkic tried to put the ball out for Lamie to get treatment, and Levein and his players kept it in and played on, the Hearts boy ran over and got the ball, had a wee look at Levein to see what he should do, and Levein nods for him to just play on, hope we remember that sort of bad sportsmanship for the next time we play them, and they have a man down injured.

Since when was Levein the manager of Hibs - that being said, having listened to a number of the Hibs support banging on about Heckingbottom and some even hoping for a loss as it might guarantee his replacement, maybe it would be a step upwards...
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:47 pm

Durnford wrote:
    Liviforever wrote:Levein and his assistant spent all of the first half nipping the 4th official's ear, may explain Aitken's card happy 2nd half perfomance, booking our players for tackles whilst letting Hearts players away with far worse.

Since when was Levein the manager of Hibs - that being said, having listened to a number of the Hibs support banging on about Heckingbottom and some even hoping for a loss as it might guarantee his replacement, maybe it would be a step upwards...

If yer wanting to pull folk up for not discussing Hibs on the Hibs v Livi match thread, the 2nd post on this thread is where it went off topic and onto refereeing performances, in particular the Hearts game, away and quote Orco's post. Razz

Anyhoo, back on topic, just listened to the TalkLivi podcast, and they're saying Dykes ankle is still bothering him from the Helander tackle on it, and he couldn't make the last game, but should be fine for this one on Wed. Fingers crossed he makes it, would lift our chances of getting a win considerably.
    ianlivi

Post by ianlivi Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:20 pm

At reception today to get Hibs ticket. Devlin coming out on crutches unfortunately
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:26 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    Durnford wrote:

If yer wanting to pull folk up for not discussing Hibs on the Hibs v Livi match thread, the 2nd post on this thread is where it went off topic and onto refereeing performances, in particular the Hearts game, away and quote Orco's post. Razz

Anyhoo, back on topic, just listened to the TalkLivi podcast, and they're saying Dykes ankle is still bothering him from the Helander tackle on it, and he couldn't make the last game, but should be fine for this one on Wed. Fingers crossed he makes it, would lift our chances of getting a win considerably.

A pair girns! Razz
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:36 pm

orco wrote:Yeh I'm getting scunnered with our lack of striking options.
    Mind you it would be less serious if we weren't being hammered by referees every other week. I watched Sportscene. There was a clear a foul by the Hearts goalie on Robertson seconds before Souda's dismissal If the ref does his job right the sending off never happens.

I’ve been saying that on the after match discussion.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:41 pm

Suspect this game will end in a narrow defeat, not because they are better than us but for the aforementioned official ineptitude.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:16 am

Bertie Bassett wrote:Suspect this game will end in a narrow defeat, not because they are better than us but for the aforementioned official ineptitude.

If Dykes is playing we'll win, Hibs defence is shockingly bad and they wont be able to cope with him.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:06 pm

Words of wisdom from Kenny Miller.....

"With no disrespect, Livingston are a team Hibs should be beating at home. It's an opportunity to build momentum."
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:18 pm

When somebody starts with - no disrespect to -  you can always tell disrespect will follow. Very Happy
    He's right mind you.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:28 pm

League position says otherwise.

I'm sure that kind of thinking showed in his tactics v Celtic, compared to Holt's after he took charge.
    Durnford

Post by Durnford Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:41 pm

Its funny that BBC were so hard up for people to offer their opinion that they went to a has-been striker for a team propping up the championship.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:04 pm

He is also a part time pundit TBF... pretty poor one but he’ll be getting good money for it
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:45 pm

Similar to last weeks opponents i feel their is a vulnerabity that hopefully we can take advantage off.Will be tough at Easter Road usually is for us but as ive said if they have an off night we must capatilise and get right in about them.Feel we will have to keep an extra eye on Allen,Horgan,and Kamberie.On their day their good enough to cause most teams problems,just hope its not tommorow night.Havent a clue about the team selection but a few of those boys did themselves no harm whatsoever with their display on Saturday.Looks like Devlin will be out and not sure if Dykes is fit yet thogh on the plus side Pitts could get a run out and good to see the club appeal Soudas red card after a diabolical decision by that arse Aitken.Let justice be done!.Anyway good luck to the lads for what is gonna be a tough proposition and i know they,l give their all.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:50 pm

Anyone know if there will be highlights of these matches? I just like to get visual proof that our referees are eejits.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:39 am

orco wrote:Anyone know if there will be highlights of these matches? I just like to get visual proof that our referees are eejits.

BBC alba 10pm tonight Orco.

Sport
    Scottish Premiership
    2019-20: 11. Hibernian v Livingston
    Football coverage from the Scottish Premiership as Hibernian play host to Livingston.
    Programme website

Highlights are on Thurs night's Sportscene too.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:28 am

Great LfL. I'll get the Sky box ready.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:29 pm

Liviforever wrote:
    Bertie Bassett wrote:Suspect this game will end in a narrow defeat, not because they are better than us but for the aforementioned official ineptitude.

If Dykes is playing we'll win, Hibs defence is shockingly bad and they wont be able to cope with him.

He isn’t but Pitts is back
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:38 pm

And once again we blow a 2-0 half time lead
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:09 pm

Watching the delayed Alba showing.... we were lucky to be ahead at half time, Sarkic kept us in it in the 1st half & two decent strikes had us 2 up against the run of play
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:24 pm

First half we pressed and looked slick when we were attacking. Second half we just never turned up. It was the most frustrating 45 minutes this season.
    I've just watched that penalty. Allan dived. Naebuddy touched him. Robbed again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:11 pm