The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Hearts v Livi

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Hearts v Livi Empty Hearts v Livi

Post by Liviforever Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:46 pm

This is a game where we are very much the underdogs, to the point where i'd say nobody gives us a hope in hell. If it was the other way around though and we were clear favourites, it would be the very game we'd lose. So here's hoping for an unexpected Livi win. Very Happy

I think a lot will depend on Holt's starting line up, Hearts are like Motherwell, they have quick players who can rip you apart down the wings, I think we have to go with Lamie and Odoffin as WB's to help out our back 3.

Keaghan may still be out injured so although i'm a bit unsure about Lawson's defensive abilities i'd stick him in the midfield 3 with Pittman and Byrne, as I can't see anyone better.

Either Tiffoney or Dolly to partner Hardie up front, both have pace to run at the Hearts defence and soften them up a bit for the other to come on as a 2nd half sub.

If we can keep it tight at the back first half and go in 0-0 i'd be happy, I think we could nick a 2nd half goal to get something from the game. Hardie is due a goal anyway, and I think once the first one goes in it'll get us going again.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Hearts v Livi Empty Re: Hearts v Livi

Post by Auld Nick Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:31 pm

I’m afraid the downturn in our fortunes are set to continue - they have turned the corner again as evidenced by winning at Killie
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:11 am

I don't rate Lawson.  I hope Keaghan is fit but I'd go with Sibbald if not.  Or what about Dolly in there with Tiffoney and Hardie up front?
    Troy

Post by Troy Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:49 pm

After Saturdays shocker at fir Park and Gary admitting he got it wrong with his selection and he also said that perhaps most teams have us sussed now with the way that we play.He also hinted that he may change it around a bit whwich for me is a shame but problably neccessery as on the whole its not been working the last few games.Like Bertie i feel we will have to wait till after the Hearts game to see any upturn in our fortunes although with these lads you just never know.God ive never wished so much for even a draw if only to stop the results sequence that has befallen us recently but again as Bertie says theve turned a wee corner and its gonna be difficuilt to take anything from this game.I wish Gary and the boys the best of luck once again i think their going to need it.Cmon Livi Geeza draw!!!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:04 pm

Geeza a fecking goal. Laughing

Yeah don't see changing it about helping, that is more likely going to make things worse, we've played the same system for the best part of 2 seasons, the players are used to that system, changing it will only make it harder for them now. Just play the right players in the right position Gary, stick to how we play best and it'll come good.
    LiviLion
    LiviLion

Post by LiviLion Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:50 pm

Starting to feel weirdly optimistic about tonight which, ironically, makes me fear a pumping.

Heart says 1-0 Livi, head says 2-0 Hearts.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:48 pm

No pressure. Naebody gies us a snaw baw's chance in hell tonight.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:10 pm

We're def due a goal or two, would be hilarious if we stuck another 5 past Hearts tonight. lol!

Can't see it right enough but by Christ it would be spectacularly brilliant for the bantz.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:02 pm

0-0 we stop the rot & they still haven’t scored a league goal against us this season.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:27 pm

I'll take that, was sick tired looking at us on 30 points.

Fantastic defensive work by Livi, we're back doing what we do best, closing them down and throwing bodies on the line. Just need that elusive first goal to get us fully going again, Dundee at home would be a perfect place to start.
    orco
    orco

Post by orco Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:59 am

What a shower of divers Hearts are - none more so than that sleekit Naismith. He managed to get Declan yellow carded with one of his dying swan routines. The referee gave us hee haw as usual with every 50/50 ball given Heart's way. Still we got a rare point which is not to be sniffed at. Cool
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:08 am

Some quality balls into the box from Odoffin, just need Pittman and Hardie to start making runs to get on the end of them. Been missing a player like him since Mullin left, looks a cracking signing.
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:41 pm

Well i got what id asked for ie the draw and well done to the lads for delivering last night,Thoughrally deserved and dare i say it shades of our old selves again after a poorish start to the new year.Was pleasing seeing so many Hearts supporters going into minor melt down on social media after the game although to be fair some did give us credit.Would tend to agree about Naismith.A very good player but like Morelos they both have a side to their game that so often lets both themselves and their teamates down time and time again.They,l never change and its embarresing whatching them most times albeit how talented they both are.Hopefully by the time the Dundee game comes around Ryan will have someone up front with him as he must be frustrated being isolated up front by himself.Any way well done Livi for last night and we move on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:39 pm