The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Livi v Hearts

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Livi v Hearts Empty Livi v Hearts

Post by Liviforever Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:24 pm

Looking forward to this game, Hearts usually bring a large support and our players respond well to big away crowds generating a good atmosphere. We've also got the usual poor result after an International break out of the way, so lets get stuck right in about Hearts and getting ourselves a much needed 3 points.

Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Livi v Hearts Empty Re: Livi v Hearts

Post by Auld Nick Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:56 pm

They got a decent result yesterday, don’t know how the game went in terms of domination etc but on that basis they won’t be pushovers on Saturday. That said we are more than capable of turning them over but I suspect a sharing of the points

Last edited by Bertie Bassett on Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:34 pm

Big difference Hearts at home to them playing at the TMA, we'd have beaten them easy in the cup last season if it had been a home game for us. Reckon we'll turn them over by a few goals on Saturday. Only player of theirs I fear is Naismith, and luckily for us he's out injured still.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:53 pm

I see Tiffoney got a hattrick against Alloa in the reserve game last night, wonder if he'll get a start against Hearts. Would be interesting to see him playing alongside Dykes up front, or just in behind him as one of our attacking 3 mids.

I had high hopes for Tiffoney this season, hope he makes a break into our first team soon, and can start knocking in some goals for us.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:00 pm

Yes, I want to see Dykes & Tiffoney playing together from the start.
    Troy

Post by Troy Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:38 pm

Really feel we should be capitalising on Hearts vulnerability at the moment.Yes they put on a decent performance against Sevco last week but that was on their own patch.They are coming to us.First 20 mins should give us an indication as to how this will go imo.And you can guarentee that Levien will be reminding them of previous visits here just to add that bit extra spice.Hopefully we can keep 11 men on the park as no doubt certain decisions will go against us from daft officialls as per usual.Still not sure about the injury situation although Pitmans was more serious than first thought,cant wait to get him back.Its gonna be tough tommorow but i feel if we up our game we cantake something from this after last weeks dissapointment.Anyway good luck to Gary and the lads,you can do it!!!
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:58 pm

Yep have to be winning our home games, only player Hearts have that gives me the fear is Naismith, he's a class above anyone else in their squad, and he rarely loses the ball with a bad pass. But he is out injured, so nobody at all to fear in their team. The big bulldozer up front for them is erratic and messy, don't go tight to him and he's easy to defend against.

Think Dykes will rip them apart in defence, Berra is past it, and both their best CB's are injured, we could go to town on them again if we are as clinical as we were against Celtic. So lets get in about them and rip them apart. bounce
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:42 am

Still got a good feeling about this game, woke up last week and didn't feel confident about us getting something against Killie last week. From what I've read, Levein and Berra both having made comments in the media about revenge for the 5-0 thumping, they'll come at us hard in the first 25 mins. We usually start well in games too, and really go at teams at home, so this is going to be interesting, if it turns into a battle i'd fancy our midfield to win it, esp with Bartley in it, and with his Hibs connection, he'll be right up for a scrap.

Bring it on Jambos. bounce
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:39 pm

Aitken is a fecking crook, no other way to describe that shambles of a performance, he couldn't get over to Souda quick enough with that red card, and was dishing yellows out like confetti to Livi players whilst ignoring Hearts bad fouls. Ikpeazu didn't even get a foul against him let alone a booking for raking Lamie's legs with his studs, and two last man fouls to stop us going in on goal got yellow cards, then a rugby tackle gets feckall from him. I really question his honesty, worst ref I've ever seen.
    fanfromday1
    fanfromday1

Post by fanfromday1 Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:35 pm

First well done Livi for a battling performance. Acheived despite the circumstances described in Liviforever's post.
    That has to be one of the most inept refereeing performances I've seen for a long long time and there are no shortage of candidates for that accolade.

Surely Livingston FC are entitled to ask why this refereee has red carded 8 livi players in the last 9 matches he has officiated at. I still cannot see what serious foul Souda intentially commited to merit his dismissal. There didn't appear to be any reaction from the Hearts players or their fans after Souda attemted to capitalise on their goalkeepers fumble. Even Levein on the radio said he didn't know.
    However knowing the SFA Aitken will be back next week strutting his stuff. Hope the club appeals it.

Rant over.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:58 pm

Tried an overhead kick, which Berra pretended kicked his face, read he got his arm kicked and he went down holding his face.

Yeah agreed it was a fantastic effort from our players to get that point, having to play without a recognised striker all game, then ending up with Odoffin coming on and playing up front for a knackered Robbo, before dropping into defence when McMillan had to be subbed and Tiffoney came on. Having to play the 2nd half with 10 men and then Devlin going off injured, it just wasn't our day, but we still managed to keep a clean sheet and get a deserved point.

Was surprised at seeing Dykes left out, even more so Lee Miller, hadn't heard anything about either being injured, and Lee only made a sub appearance against Killie and seemed fine after the final whistle. Thought maybe Dykes wasn't 100% and with us playing Hibs midweek we were resting him for that game, but even if that was the case I thought Miller would've been playing today. We really need to get a striker signed, we're far too dependent on Dykes, and struggle for goals when he's not playing, Hamilton should be back in January though, see he scored another goal today, so hopefully he'll come back to us a better players, and ready to get regular games in the first eleven.

We're dropping like flies just now with injuries, just as well we've got so many quality midfielders or we'd be screwed already this early with injuries.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:00 pm

It was a ridiculous decision. Souda tried to bicycle kick the ball while the defender tried to kick it away. Neither fouled the other but the keeper flattened Robbo in the process of fumbling it, we should have had a pen & had a chance to go 1 up, instead we end up a man down. Ref is a complete incompetent & his Lino on our side was just as bad.

Our 10 men were as good as their 11.

orco
    orco

Post by orco Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:16 am

That was a brutal game to watch. I was glad to hear the final whistle. Dykes has been a good signing but he's nae guid to us sitting in the stand. And what is it with Miller? Is he now made of glass? I lost count of the high balls wee Robbo desperately tried to win against towering opposition. We need an option for when these two don't play.
    The lads battled hard in vain yet again. Hearts players dropped like flies at the slightest touch. Big Ipueazu has turned diving into an art form. We needed a decent referee yesterday but instead got Aitken. It's time for an inquiry into this guy's handling of Livi games. I was speaking to a friend before the game about his incompetence and penchant for sending off Livi players. He didn't disappoint. I'll reserve judgement on whether or not the latest red card was deserved till I see it on the tele but I was shocked to see it at the time. Robbo got flattened right before it too. The wonder is he didn't get booked for diving!
    In the circumstances a point was welcome but yet again we seemed to have been hard done by. It's been the story of our season so far.
    On to Hibs now. Easter Road had never been much of a happy hunting ground for us and it looked like Devlin, Lammie and McMillan took knocks yesterday. We've got Odoffin, Pepe and Savant kicking their heels waiting for a chance but none of them have impressed me yet.
    It's no easy being a Livi fan sometimes. Rolling Eyes
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:09 am

Yep,would agree with your sentiments Orco.Iwas hoping not to come on here spouting about the ineptnous of the officials but once again they delivered.I said on friday i was nearvous when i saw who was in the middle and that they would have an influence on the game,sad to say they proved me right. Incompitence is to good for them with that performance yesterday from them and made me feel sick as i left the ground.An injustice would have been done had we not taken anything from that game and in that respect i applaud the players for the magnificent shift they put in.If only Jack Mcmillen had buried that chance that fell to him early in the second half could have been oh so different.Would agree that the limits we had on us up front made it easier for Hearts to invariably mop up most that came at them.Like Orco il wait to see the highlights but it did seem that the sending off was to say in the least harsh with Berra going down like hed been shot,embarresing.Still its another point on the board which the lads thoughrally deserved and on another day with strikers we would have taken them apart,they were that bad.Anyway well done lads and you can hold your heads high this morning.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:01 pm

Just read an article with Lee Miller saying he was ready to take up the slack to help Dykes out, then what do we see, no Lee Miller, or Dykes on the team sheet, and we're left with small midfielders having to play up front against tall CB's, and dealing with high balls played up to them, fluck it's frustrating as hell being a Livi fan this season.

We are capable of getting a top 6 spot this season, but we're severely hampered with having no back up striker to Dykes, and will continue to drop points in games we are more than capable of winning because Dykes wont be playing, and midfielders are having to come in for him. Pittman also being out isn't helping either, he was one of the players that took up the slack for us struggling with only Lee Miller available in the play offs. But even if Pitts is near to coming back, we still don't have a target man up front for him to play off when Dykes is suspended or injured.

Jack Hamilton may not be the answer, but he'd be better than what we currently have to fall back on when Dykes is out, roll on January till we can get him back. Who knows, maybe even Dolly will come back to us too, at least he offered an out ball with his physicality and bulldozer esque qualities against big CB's, by feck I miss Dolly this season.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:18 am