The Livi Room

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Euro 2020

Troy

Euro 2020 - Page 5 Empty Re: Euro 2020

Post by Troy Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:30 am

Felt that the Danes ran out of steam second half of the 90 and in extra time.Looked like they were playing for pens,which was kind of ironic as it took one of the most dubious decisions I've ever seen to Rob them of that chance.Agree about Darmsgard. Baffled at his substitution, they looked deflated and devoid of attacking options when he went of,but they didn't deserve to go out in that fashion.Just shows that VAR doesn't always get it right,disgraceful decision.Ive said from the start that the Italians would be the ones that would stop them.I stand by that.But decisions like tonight and the obvious continuess advantage theve had in this tournament makes me nervous. And don't get me started on those commentators.Absolute embarresment.Hopefully Italy shut them fechin up.🇮🇹.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:43 am

OG and a dubious penalty decision that even the English commentary and pundits admitted was "soft" (never a pen).
    One thing that game showed up though, is that they're never anywhere near as good as Italy, Spain or Belgium, jammy fecks avoiding those three getting to the final. Italy will absolutely gub them on Sunday, England just don't press teams, and the Italians will run riot being allowed freedom to attack them.
    Saka and Sterling are really good in attack, but Italy have only conceded 3 goals in 2 years, so that battle will be interesting, seeing them up against good defenders, they aren't going to score more than 1 goal, if they even manage that, and reckon Italy will score 2 or 3. Pickford is a bomb scare under pressure too, rushing out making rash challenges, looking forward to this. Laughing

Wonder if the media and pundits will be able to restrain themselves, hope not, would be even better if they came out with lots of shite that will annoy the Italians, and give them reason to really go to town on them.
    Troy

Post by Troy Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:24 am

Yeh,the Italians really have to be up for this.Theyl have to overcome the fact their away from home which is scandalous in itself.As I've said England have had all the advantages in this tournament which has been grossly unfair. Christ even Jose Mourinho said it wasn't a pen.Anyways this would make my year if the Italians can do this,but its all the furore surrounding England which I'm finding utterly nauseous. Forza Italia.👊🇮🇹.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:14 pm

I was secretly wanting this final, think the organizers were too, that's why they put in the fix with the penalty, and about 37 mins added time when England were on top.

I think Denmark would've given Italy a harder game, but Italy v England has a bigger draw to it, and even keeps the Scottish 'neutral' interest going, wanting to see England have a big comeuppance. Though tbf to the players and manager, they've kept their feet on the ground, and done a magnificent job getting to the final, punching well above their ability, and having a big slice of luck with the draw.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Jul 11, 2021 6:43 pm

I'm going to take my Italian hat off and doff my cap to our neighbours from the south.Whilst I sincerely hope they get well and truly gubbed, I do appreciate that theve got a fantastic squad who are capable of winning this.But there again so have the Italians. I just hope they bypass the obvious home advantage that will be against them and get tore right into them.Really don't want 2020 to be added to 66.Cmon Italy,Do this.🇮🇹👊👍.
    Troy

Post by Troy Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:55 pm

The Italians need to stop feeling sorry for themselves after such an horrendous start.Their so pedestrian and being limited to wayward shots from outside the box.England are so comfortable and the Italians are making it so for them.Still a chance to get back into this but need to go for it.Dreading the end.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:58 pm

Sadly the better team are winning at half time.

Italy look bereft of ideas.

And as for LF’s comment that the Italians would run riot due to the space they would get because England don’t press… Sadly he couldn’t have been more wrong, there is no space because they are pressing, are playing 5 at the back & the defensive midfield duo of Phillips & Rice are strolling through the game. Luke Shaw has 2 or 3 Italians in his pocket & is still able to outrun them.

England have this game won already.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:38 pm

Equaliser out of nothing really, England had been defending comfortably until that point.

Could go either way now but Italy still not showing any real creativity
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:47 pm

Chiesa going off injured could be the end of Italy’s hopes of getting a winner. He has been their best player by a mile.

Troy

Post by Troy Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:49 pm

Agreed Bertie.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:01 pm

Extra Time it is. Italy have dominated possession but that is understandable given how early Shaw scored. Italy played better second half but still haven’t reached the heights of their earlier performances.

England chose to sit off second half and it was working until the equaliser.

Could go either way in ET but I just hope it ends with a winning goal rather than pens.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:21 pm

Next goal wins it I think but I am now expecting pens… & no team has ever won 2 pen shoot outs at the same Euros.
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:40 pm

England will win the shoot out
    Auld Nick
    Auld Nick

Post by Auld Nick Sun Jul 11, 2021 10:58 pm

Love being wrong but I feel for Rashford, Sancho & Saka…. 3 young lads potentially destroyed emotionally; frankly surprised that they were all in the initial 5, (where was Sterling?) Rashford & Sancho had not been on the pitch for 2 mins… barely time to get their muscles warm.

Donarumma made two excellent saves; Pickford made a great save from Jorginho and his other save wasn’t bad either.
    Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:46 pm

Bertie Bassett wrote:Sadly the better team are winning at half time.

Italy look bereft of ideas.

And as for LF’s comment that the Italians would run riot due to the space they would get because England don’t press… Sadly he couldn’t have been more wrong, there is no space because they are pressing, are playing 5 at the back & the defensive midfield duo of Phillips & Rice are strolling through the game. Luke Shaw has 2 or 3 Italians in his pocket & is still able to outrun them.

England have this game won already.

How much time did Italy get in the 2nd half onwards, England ran out of steam and it was all Italy, best team won.

The pen shoot out was a fitting way for Italy to win, and England to lose again, only bummer was Saka being the one to miss the last pen for them, the young fella was a shining light in their team, so much skill on the ball, felt sorry for him. Italy are champs though, and even the coverage after the final is cringe, blah blah blah, wish i could turn it over onto a non biased station to just listen to them celebrating Italy's win, rather than this morose poor us pish.

It's going to Rome, football's going to Rome, Forza Italy. cheers
    Troy

Post by Troy Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:34 am

Apparently it was coming home last night.News just in,naw its no.Not the way I wanted Italy to do it,and I do feel for those young lads albeit it was Southgate call to make them take pens when there were more experienced who could have stepped up.And while I'm at it,totally agree about the comments from those so called experts in both studios.They embarrassed themselves and their country. Fwitsw I've thoughrally enjoyed this tournament, and the fact I've added£240 to my bank account makes it all the sweeter.Ive stuck by the Italians from day one and thank them for repaying my faith in them.Maybe a wee bit of luck involved,but they have been the best team in the tournament and a joy to watch.🇮🇹🇮🇹🇮🇹👏.

Liviforever likes this post

Liviforever
    Liviforever

Post by Liviforever Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:27 pm

The guy that took the winning pen against Spain missed too, it happens, has nothing to do with their age. If they'd scored they'd be heroes, Rashford sent the keeper the wrong way but hit the post, 3 or 4 inches in it, the older more experienced players must've bottled it or they'd be stepping up insisting they're taking them.
    Was actually hoping Sterling would take one, he looked done, faded right out the game and could hardly run in ET, just jogged along when an Italian player was a yard away from him coming out the Italy box with the ball.

Easy for these pundits to jump on the after the game is finished analysis*, saying what Southgate should've done, what he actually did was get them further in a comp than any England team since *sorry about having to mention it* 1966, and they were by no means a team full of great players, or even a great team, between home advantage, luck avoiding Spain and Belgium, and great spirit within their squad, thanks to Southgate. Some achievement for them, but thank feck they lost. lol!

*always find it funny seeing these guys doing the post game analysis, playing with their computer screen shifting players into positions they know the ball will be going, saying they should've been positioning themselves there, money for old rope, like those weather reporters telling us what the weather has been like today, aye we ken mate we saw what it was like when we were out in it. Euro 2020 - Page 5 Gieus_10
    lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:42 pm